No announcement yet.

Dump1090 and Basestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll likely find there is no data from fr24 on 30003/30334 - believe that is why it has its own basestation dropdown option

It does after all say "SBS1 compatible feed, port 10001, Kinetic Avionics RX only!"

But referring back to original docs and my request for them to clarify the options as at the time it said both 10001 and 20072, which it's clearly 20072 as you have found. Despite the wording in the settings page being changed
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      You'll likely find there is no data from fr24 on 30003/30334 - believe that is why it has its own basestation dropdown option

It does after all say "SBS1 compatible feed, port 10001, Kinetic Avionics RX only!"

But referring back to original docs and my request for them to clarify the options as at the time it said both 10001 and 20072, which it's clearly 20072 as you have found. Despite the wording in the settings page being changed
      Hiya

They really have f**ked me over with this bullshit system of theirs. It worked absolutely fine before without a problem using the Windows feeding software. I am now tied between feeding FR24 or my other MLAT feeds to 360radar and Freedar to help these smaller guys out.
      I am sick of all this pi stuff to. I have no idea on what I am doing and its so confusing after 25 odd years of being a windows user. All this command line stuff went out with the arc!
      As you say, there is NO feed on 10001 from the pi, its on port 20072 and whats available on this port is not the full RAW data (presuming RAW means they have not altered anything, its a 100% replica of what my SBS boots out on 10001). if this was the case then my Basestation software would run and feed data on 30006 to my 3rd party applications. What their instructions say just isnt true.
      The FR24 pi software should just be taping off the SBS1-er output, not changing anything as after all is my data :-)

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by NToombes View Post
        Hiya

They really have f**ked me over with this bullshit system of theirs. It worked absolutely fine before without a problem using the Windows feeding software. I am now tied between feeding FR24 or my other MLAT feeds to 360radar and Freedar to help these smaller guys out.
        I am sick of all this pi stuff to. I have no idea on what I am doing and its so confusing after 25 odd years of being a windows user. All this command line stuff went out with the arc!
        As you say, there is NO feed on 10001 from the pi, its on port 20072 and whats available on this port is not the full RAW data (presuming RAW means they have not altered anything, its a 100% replica of what my SBS boots out on 10001). if this was the case then my Basestation software would run and feed data on 30006 to my 3rd party applications. What their instructions say just isnt true.
        The FR24 pi software should just be taping off the SBS1-er output, not changing anything as after all is my data :-)

Neil
        It is a relay on 20072. Which is why basestation works fine hanging off it. And multiple clients can connect.

From there, all your other apps can use 30006 the same way they did before. (or the decoded data from basestation on 30003) No change, other than now having 2 connections to the SBS data type (virtually) not 1. 1 being direct, the other from the Pi.

Commandline didn't go out with the arc. That was DOS. Linux, runs most websites and servers you use today.

If anyone is to blame, SBS. They made their data proprietary to corner the market. They limit to 1 connection at at time. And even delayed the data output on 30006 by 5 mins so you couldn't feed others.

And each time the FW changes. So can the data output. Everyone else trying to use the data has to adapt each time
        (FR24 had no end of issues hence the 'special' test version of the feeder specific for SBS, it was then integrated into the later versions and other bugs fixed again)

Nov
        SQL
        (sqb)
        Incremental upgrade.
        Removes 5 min delay on socket data.
        If Basestation works using 20072 as the source. Then the output from it on 30006 should be no different to your previous setup
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The basestation format provides bad data quality for FR24, they get rid of it.
          Lots of Windows users have VRS rebroadcast setup incorrectly, so get rid of the Windows feeder to avoid many new feeds popping up that are misconfigured.
          (also rtl1090 with too aggressive fault correction)

Allowing only the RPi feeder they greatly reduce the amount of misconfigured feeds, which is good for people using the site as the data is better quality.

Now obviously it angers quite a few of people who have been feeding using Windows.
          If the premium functions of the website are of importance to you, just get a rtl-sdr compatible DVB-T stick and a simple whip antenna and place it in the window or attic.
          Reception will be awful but you still get your membership if the occasional plane comes by.
          (you can of course also have good reception with a proper antenna and an LNA if you want to but it's not required for the membership bonus )
          Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-06-15, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            It is a relay on 20072. Which is why basestation works fine hanging off it. And multiple clients can connect.

From there, all your other apps can use 30006 the same way they did before. (or the decoded data from basestation on 30003) No change, other than now having 2 connections to the SBS data type (virtually) not 1. 1 being direct, the other from the Pi.

Commandline didn't go out with the arc. That was DOS. Linux, runs most websites and servers you use today.

If anyone is to blame, SBS. They made their data proprietary to corner the market. They limit to 1 connection at at time. And even delayed the data output on 30006 by 5 mins so you couldn't feed others.

And each time the FW changes. So can the data output. Everyone else trying to use the data has to adapt each time
            (FR24 had no end of issues hence the 'special' test version of the feeder specific for SBS, it was then integrated into the later versions and other bugs fixed again)

If Basestation works using 20072 as the source. Then the output from it on 30006 should be no different to your previous setup

Hi Oblivian

Sorry, just getting so frustrated here firstly why it doesn't work plus working on the pi platform that I don't have the slightest idea about just doubles the frustration.

That's the problem, the data output from basestation on 30006 is different when basestation is fed from pi:20072 on the pi. I just get error messages on the 360radar & Freedar software saying "No Data (not even keepalives) received for 150 seconds."
            I have asked the owners of these sites to check what I am uploading and they say nothing.
            Now, if I remove the pi from the system and connect basestation directly to the sbs1-er on 10001 all works fine. Its like the 20072 output on the pi IS NOT all the data that's received by the pi from the sbs1-er. Its either stripping the position less stuff or messing with the formatting.
            I have just tried feeding my 360radar & Freedar software directly from the pi output 20072 and again no data nor keepalives received for 150 seconds.

I do appreciate the help you guys are providing though.

Neil

Comment

Hi

So, i give up being a FR24 feeder. Its just too much of a problem and stops me feeding the other sites such as Freedar and 360radar hat I lke to feed.
              I have tried reconfiguring the system so my pi gets it data out of port 30006 on a pc running Basestation but that doesn't work. They even say in their own instrustions that Basestation and the FR24 feeder software should be on the same PC, but Fr24 feeder doesnt work on a PC. The instructions are naff!

So do I have to let anyone know?

Comment

No need to tell anyone, FR24 was probably expecting most of the Windows feeders to just stop feeding.
                And they are fine with that.

If you would still like the membership for the site, i'd recommend just getting a dongle and small antenna for the RPi.

I agree the instructions are outdated, that's quite obvious very often in the forum here.
                (Pretty much no staff present on the forums it seems, at least they don't write anything)

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                  No need to tell anyone, FR24 was probably expecting most of the Windows feeders to just stop feeding.
                  And they are fine with that.

If you would still like the membership for the site, i'd recommend just getting a dongle and small antenna for the RPi.

I agree the instructions are outdated, that's quite obvious very often in the forum here.
                  (Pretty much no staff present on the forums it seems, at least they don't write anything)
                  Hi
                  Thanks for that, such a shame as its been good feeding data for so long.
                  If only they had relayed the data back out of the pi "EXACTLY" the same as what is coming out of the SBS then all would have been fine.

Might set something small up oneday.

Neil

Comment

ModeSMixer2 and ModeSDeco2 are no more available at Sergsero's Google drive as he has abandoned this project since last two years. However I had earlier saved these on my computer, which I uploaded to my githib site and also posted scripts to install it on Linux.

My Github page containing Windows and Linux versions of ModeSMixer2, ModeSDeco2 and AcarsDeco2
                    https://github.com/abcd567a/mm2/releases/tag/v1

My Github page providing script for automated installation of ModeSMixer2 with Systemd support:
                    https://github.com/abcd567a/mm2/blob/master/README.md

My Github page providing script for automated installation of ModeSDeco2 with Systemd support:
                    https://github.com/abcd567a/md2/blob/master/README.md

My Github page providing script for automated installation of AcarSDeco2 with Systemd support:
                    https://github.com/abcd567a/ad2/blob/master/README.md

Last edited by abcd567; 2023-04-24, 23:31.

Comment

Please see following post which shows how to feed FR24 from SBS, with everything installed on Windows Computer.
                      No need for Raspberry Pi:

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...726#post219726

To summarize, it requires installing on Windows following software:

(1) Basestation

(2) Oracle Virtual Machine (or VM ware)

(3) Debian amd64 in Oracle Virtual Machine (or VM ware)

(4) FR24 Linux x86_64 feeder on Debian in Oracle Virtual Machine

(5) ModeSMixer2 Windows Version (No installation required. Only download on Windows Computer, unzip, and configur the batch file, then double click the batch file to run ModeSMixer2)
                      Download Link: modesmixer2_windows_x86_64_20210103.zip

Last edited by abcd567; 2023-04-25, 09:22.

Comment

Working...
                      X