Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reconnaissance Ventures Ltd

Passenger
    Well that was a varied night's work... REV4ND started off over South London then it was off to rural West Sussex, leaving the area just after 05h00 before LGW starts up. It might have been two entirely different tasks?

I wonder how much it costs to hire the plane and equipment for the night as well as somebody to interpret the data. Whatever it costs, I wonder if it is a sum the police are prepared to pay for what would amount to combing an area for illegal activity purely on spec. Having said that, an illegal cannabis farm would stand out like a sore thumb from an aerial survey plane equipped with heat seeking equipment. The amount of energy used to grow these plants is considerable, it's way way more than any domestic householder would be using.

REV4ND 2015 02 27 05h36.png

Well all we can do is speculate though lol, but that's my first and best guess to be honest. I doubt it's just a training flight or something because they could just use more rural areas instead of flying over...let's just say not the poshest of the neighborhoods.

The following links show G-MIND and G-LEAF and gives some detail as to their use;

http://www.ukemergencyaviation.co.uk/G-LEAF.htm
    http://forum.keypublishing.com/showt...4-Titan-G-MIND
    http://www.planespotters.net/Aviatio...show?id=330542

"Yep, G-MIND carries a LIDAR (laser) which measures flood plains from the air. I've flown in it! It would be doing passes to accurately measure tidal flows and the general hydrology of the area. The main aim is to asses(s) the levels of erosion with the view to understanding the need for flood defences. The Cessna 404 used be in Air Atlantique colours but was refitted with Environment Agency livery as its on permanent lease to them."

This information is somewhat dated but most likely still indicates the current use of both aircraft (and others).

Regards,
    Gregg

This is their current webpage;

https://www.geomatics-group.co.uk/geocms/
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-03-01 at 23:37. Reason: additional info
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Passenger
    Well that's the mystery solved. Thanks for this. It makes sense, I'm almost certain every time I saw those planes were active on these tasks it was a clear night in winter. I would imagine also that the areas being surveyed are all quite flat and low lying, otherwise why bother in the first place?

Passenger
    Clear and cold here just north of the Thames in Essex tonight and REV4ND has been circling for at least the last hour after a long session in south Kent/east Sussex. Its in LCY approach space so would only be able to be here at night too. It is a noisy little bugger! REV4ND.jpg

Passenger
    REV6AF 2016 01 19.png

REV6AF is over Surrey tonight. It's clear and cold. Meanwhile DLH423 passes overhead, she's a regular at this time of night.

Passenger
    And again. Cool and clear G-LEAF.jpgG-LEAF.jpg

Passenger
    Tonight it's flying over Warrington, a a Google search has brought me to this page. The weather is cool and clear.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by adriancmr View Post
    Tonight it's flying over Warrington, a a Google search has brought me to this page. The weather is cool and clear.
    I noticed it too its keeps flying west to east on an track moving futher north im over in Culcheth Warrington