Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Request to Support, Please inform uploaders before changing the config

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    The announcement board should be on another page on FR24 website.
    Not all FR24 users can see the status page.
    My suggestion was regarding changes that affects feeders (like couple a days ago).
    FR24 announce things on FB and twitter for regular users

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Remember FR24 never promised to keep posting on Facebook or Twitter.
    Also wasn't aware that they had employed another support person to copy/paste threads and information snippets from here to other forums either...

Super Moderator
    My login timed out and 2 posts were made while I was writing:

Yes, yes we do. Yet here we are. Again.

I'm sure many will agree about how silly it looks when cross posts are made between forums with a neutural opinion on one and then a smug post is made stirring and bagging the hell out of the other elsewhere

Correct, they do have staff there. Infact they have accounts in a number of places they see fit to distribute official announcements. Therefore there is not really a need for anyone to put it upon themselves to be 'helpful' and copy information from FR24s realm and re-distrubute it everywhere around the planet when it could be construed as being by an official representative of staff here

I see no reason for it, Especially the above given example. Other than an attack on a realm knowingly not moderated by the persons involved. Especially when in somewhat of a deformatory manner. Which is clearly outlined as a breach of terms of use on most sites.

Once again a generic warning. People need to be responsible for their own posts and actions. As much as site owners are responsible for the content hosted within - be it made by themselves or users of it. They have a requirement to manage content and do so as they see fit. It is a granted privilege to use sites such as this, not a right.

Thank you for your posts SoCalBrian. The idea with this forum is to discuss things, and you are welcome to do so.
    If you are here just to do cross posting of sentences torn from their context, between different threads and forums I suggest you get another hobby.

Thanks and
    P.S. I don't want you to keep posting my posts on other forums.

Captain
    Please, let's get back on topic.
    Today is a new day.

First officer
    Hello piopawlu,

Can you share some lights on this?

RECEIVER SOFTWARE: ON [stop, display log]
    RAW FEED [10002]: DOWN
    BS FEED [30003]: UP, NUM CONNECTED: 0

Not a single F- radar is used now near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (EHAM/AMS).
    Only if all other radars fail, the F- radar will be used. This is a bug or feature?

The raw feed on port 30334 still works, but this is not very convenient, especially if i were to try and find out the raw port now. You cannot find it.

MLAT is still working, according to the logs and the planes i see on the website.

So as the topic of the first post suggest, maybe do that?
    (I have also reported this to support, but we all know how that went last time )

Edit Update:
    And just after i posted this an aircraft decided to do a go around and a F- radar decided to show the wrong information:
    http://x264.nl/dump/klm1746-2014-03-...adar-error.jpg

Seems it was no go around, just faulty data.
    Last edited by Jarod; 2014-03-30 at 17:20.

First officer
    only as info, think support know it already.
    around Venice planes at the ground there are shown from time to time around 100km to the east with the name of a different uploader (but still at alt zero and low speed) and then bouncing back. Both are F- uploaders.
    I think there is again something mixed up at the server.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Charky View Post
    only as info, think support know it already.
    around Venice planes at the ground there are shown from time to time around 100km to the east with the name of a different uploader (but still at alt zero and low speed) and then bouncing back. Both are F- uploaders.
    I think there is again something mixed up at the server.
    Probably a feeder problem ... with the one that shows them parked 100km away.

First officer
    peterhr
    no, dont think so. position data is crc checked. (if nobody changed the port)

The port information will be fixed today.. I will try to make it possible to connect to both 10002 and 30334 not to make further confusion. The number has been 30334 for most of the time, changed briefly to 10002 to have compatibility with RC boxes.

I am aware of the issue where planes are airborne again at FL300 after landing. Trying to catch it here in Scandinavia with RAW data recording, but wasn't able to do so just yet. If you see a plane around Stockholm that does that please report ASAP as I only have about 2 hours to recover RAW data before it gets overwritten in memory.