Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS Populate vs. Active Display Lite

Hello all,

Firstly, apologies if I have put this thread in the incorrect topic but here goes.

Also, I will ask this question here in FR24 Forum and if no luck, I'll try the *GAS (Gatwick Aviation Society) Forum after.

My setup is:

USB Dongle, FR24 Feeder Software, RTL1090 Software and Virtual Radar Software - all working perfectly with no issues.

Until recently, I have been using SBS-1 Populate software to AutoPopulate my Mode-S information from the GAS database and has been working perfectly well with new files being added to my BaseStation.sqb file on a daily basis and I currently have 10244 entries within my sqb file.

Within the past two days, my SBS-1 Populate software is no longer AutoPopulating and no longer updating my sqb file and I am aware that GAS was bringing this software to an end.

For example: When I stop this software, it says "Records processed 3225. No SBS DB records have been updated". But I know for certain at least 1 or 2 aircraft have past over me that is not in my Basestation.sqb file, such as the newly aquired Emirates A380 going into EGCC (MAN).

I therefore downloaded their Active Display Lite software and installed it. The TCP seems correct: IP 127.0.0.1 Port 30003 and I have made sure that the basestation path is pointing at the correct directory but every time I press "Play", is says "Basestation is not running" and pauses itself.

Does anyone know if this Active Display Lite software only works properly if the user owns actual SBS1, SBS3 hardware?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Responder; 2014-02-23, 16:48.
    T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
    Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
    Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

I tried, and like you didn't like it (and it was resource hungry) so kept with SBSPopulate. But alas you asking here has confirmed to me their back end servers are now off

Now I'm using SBS populate as simply a feeder, and obtaining the registration details from the local authority databases directly (FAA N search, CASA search, CAA search)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I'm using Active Display to populate my local database with information not past of the DB that came with the program. Seems there might be a difference in what you can download, and what they have online. I haven't tried SBSPopulate (don't have a link to download), but I am happy with AD, given its the free version and it does not auto update, so I do it manually every night, having to add less and less planes daily.

Basestation not running: i think its the term to tell you you might be on the free version and you need to purchase it to enable the automated functions. I click on the Play/Start button numerous times, then it does read the active AC.

Comment

Hi Oblivian and Herman,

Yes, I have been trying the use the "Free Version" AD Lite but have now found out that AD Lite is still in Beta mode, so will not autopopulate if you don't have the SBS-1 or higher Hardware due to the engine that is installed in it.

So, I have purchased AD Pro which is a proper version and not Beta and has a different engine installed and it AutoPopulates just fine now.

AD Pro isn't resource hungry. In fact, Virtual Radar is more resource hungry than AD Pro.

Anyway, all is working fine now with the Pro version but thank you for your replies :-)
        T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
        Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

Glad to hear you are sorted out buddy!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Herman :-)
            T-EGBB16

Comment

I need help installing free display but not active database load box FR24 windows 10

AYUDA.png

ru.png
              Last edited by F-SVBS1; 2015-09-25, 02:31.

Comment

Working...
              X