No announcement yet.

How much data traffic is sent to FR24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much data traffic is sent to FR24?

Hi,

I'm feeding data to FR24 via Virtual Radar Server and the Flightradar24 feeding software.

Is there a way to find out how much data I send to Flightradar24 during a day, week or month?

On the Flightradar24 feeding software I see this info

Network: OK [0.00MB/0.01MB]

What does this mean?

The data varies by location and amount of traffic received from aircraft.

In a very busy area with good range, the upload maybe 30MB per 24 hours.

Netlimiter is a useful, free utility to measure the actual data volume.

Comment

Most feeder software users upload about 200-500 MB per month. Users with very good coverage in high traffic areas may upload up to 900 MB per month, and feeders in low traffic area sometimes don't reach 100 MB. FR24 box users with MLAT active uses some extra data for MLAT.

Comment

I see!

Thank you very much.

Comment

What impact does feeding have on normal browsing if any please?
          What is the typical download data volume per month? The box obviously is mainly uploading but there must still be download ack packets sent.

Comment

Originally posted by pmolsen View Post
            What impact does feeding have on normal browsing if any please?
            What is the typical download data volume per month? The box obviously is mainly uploading but there must still be download ack packets sent.
            Minimal to the point of not noticeable. I'm on a 8Mbps/1Mbps ADSL line and the max out from my Pi feeding both FA and FR is about 18kbps. I'm in Sydney and have a fairly good (reliably 200nm and up to 300nm) view in all directions. I currently am using between 60 to 80Mb per day feeding both.

pi01 FRFA feed.JPG

Cheers,

Andrew
            Last edited by rodeo; 2015-08-03, 21:55. Reason: added data amount
            T-YSBK22

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Most feeder software users upload about 200-500 MB per month. Users with very good coverage in high traffic areas may upload up to 900 MB per month, and feeders in low traffic area sometimes don't reach 100 MB. FR24 box users with MLAT active uses some extra data for MLAT.
              Hi Mike,

Can the software be improved to allow feeders to view their Total Data Usage ( Feeding into FR24 ) in their "Account" page in FR24 ?
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

@Birdie, it would be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                X