Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To mike :- CAN'T CLAIM THE FR24 BOX AT THE POST OFFICE ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To mike :- CAN'T CLAIM THE FR24 BOX AT THE POST OFFICE ...

hI..I CAN'T CLAIM THE FR24 EQUIPMENT FROM MY LOCAL POST OFFICE...they are insisting for me to get a permit from the ICTA bureau in Mauritius..As much i know , the radar box does not need a permit ...i am really in problem , anyone can help me please..especially mike...

I'm amazed at how over regulated Mauritius is... it seems you need a license to operate any type of communications equipment on this small tropical island paradise.

When I lived in Jamaica for 2 years, there was always road blocks when ever I had anything shipped in... laws and regulations seem to exist simply to fatten the wallets of the officials. Those same officials were always willing to help you out for for a wad of cash. Without paying off these guys you simply will never get anywhere... it's just the way it was and is.
    www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

This one will be for mike to convince them it is receive only equipment (such as a FM radio).. Do they stop people importing personal walkmans or stereos too?

Most of the documents appear to be related to people importing 2-way radio equipment. With the ability to transmit they want to ensure it does not interupt their current plan/radio network. When infact the fr boxes transmit NO radio. They are receive only, And therefore do not have any accompanying certifications.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        This one will be for mike to convince them it is receive only equipment (such as a FM radio).. Do they stop people importing personal walkmans or stereos too?
        Probably not for commercial FM receivers, but the FR24 is a specialized receiver. Looking at http://www.icta.mu/radiocommunication/type_app.htm
        You'll see they want their own certification on all communications and telecom equipment used in their country.
        www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by usernil View Post
          hI..I CAN'T CLAIM THE FR24 EQUIPMENT FROM MY LOCAL POST OFFICE...they are insisting for me to get a permit from the ICTA bureau in Mauritius..As much i know , the radar box does not need a permit ...i am really in problem , anyone can help me please..especially mike...
          As mentioned in all communication you had during the application process, please contact support@fr24.com regarding all issues that you may have. There are several Mike's working for FR24 and you will always get best support by contacting support directly.

Comment

...It's probably down to what's been put on the CN22 form - there are so many ways of describing the same thing, some attract more attention then others.

Comment

If anyone here can help me to claim the fr 24 box..i will be really grateful to all of you....Please HELP ME !!!!

Comment

If anyone here can help me to claim the fr 24 box..i will be really grateful to all of you....Please HELP ME !!!!
                As Mike has explained, this is best handled via Support@FR24.com.

Comment

Mike from support@fr24.com Did not gave me sufficient details....Anyone can give me a proof to show the custom officers that the fr24 box is not a radio transmitter...I really need all of you..

Comment

Someone here can identify to which category the fr24 box reflects in this list of telecommunication networks :- here is the link

Comment

Someone here can identify to which category the fr24 box reflects in this list of telecommunication networks :- here is the link
                      http://www.icta.mu/telecommunications/std_list.htm
                      The list contains transmitters. FR24 box is receiver only. It can't transmit radio signals. It's the same as an FM radio receiver, or TV receiver. Actually in receives almost the same frequencies as TV.

Comment

Thanks for that confirmation , Now i need a letter from the administrator which explains this...i just mailed you about this ...will i get the letter from the administrator ? I fact i need to present that to the custom officer...

Comment

You have to think about how Mauritius customs sees it, they see a black box, a roll of coax, and a high quality external antenna .... that could very well be a transmitter for all they know.
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                            You have to think about how Mauritius customs sees it, they see a black box, a roll of coax, and a high quality external antenna .... that could very well be a transmitter for all they know.
                            I'm in contact with @usernil and it looks to me that ignorance is the problem.
                            Ignorance by custom officer in Mauritius post office.
                            It will be hard to explain to them what the package really is.
                            Some kind of specification to be presented to them maybe....but i'm not sure that would help.
                            Fr24 direct contact to Mauritius customs......worth of try. Equipment is property of FR24 and it's ilegally(?!) detained by ignorant officer(s)
                            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                              I'm in contact with @usernil and it looks to me that ignorance is the problem.
                              Ignorance by custom officer in Mauritius post office.
                              It will be hard to explain to them what the package really is.
                              Some kind of specification to be presented to them maybe....but i'm not sure that would help.
                              Fr24 direct contact to Mauritius customs......worth of try. Equipment is property of FR24 and it's ilegally(?!) detained by ignorant officer(s)
                              If they won't clear it, they will give it back to the carriage company to return to the sender ... had the same problem trying to send stuff to the USA without the correct paperwork.

Comment

Working...
                              X