Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Member question? antenna? low signal

Flight attendant
    I've tried a lot of these methods.fr24 box the most stable and powerful method.

Fr24 box is made to be radar . And nothing else. Dongle is made for Dvb-t. It gives good results as radar.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Amper; 2014-02-05 at 08:47.
    For official support use Contact Form

Captain
    It depends where your interest lies...
    * If you want to feed to provide information about the aircraft in your area and the primary interest is in the aircraft - then it is best to try to get the FR24 box.
    * If your interest is in the technical challenge of building the receiver and antenna - then the dongle etc. is the way to go.
    Last edited by peterhr; 2014-02-05 at 09:24. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    It depends where your interest lies...
    * If you want to feed to provide information about the aircraft in your area and the primary interest is in the aircraft - then it is best to try to get the FR24 box.
    * If your interest is in the technical challenge of building the receiver and antenna - then the dongle etc. is the way to go.
    100% agree, but there is no way to compare FR24 box with DIY as W4lRon did, and FR24 box is not something you can buy.
    I do have FR24 box, but I wanted to do it myself, so i made one more radar with dongle+ above mentioned antenna
    Last edited by Amper; 2014-02-05 at 09:48.
    For official support use Contact Form

Flight attendant
    I've tried so hard to make dongle.dongle is very difficult to provide for the necessary supplies here and costly i agree 100% with the ones

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by W4lRon View Post
    I've tried so hard to make dongle.dongle is very difficult to provide for the necessary supplies here and costly i agree 100% with the ones
    Find it on Ebay.com or Ebay.co.uk - order from China / Hong Kong / Singapore the sellers ship worldwide, many for free ... Typical price is 10 - 15 USD.

Flight attendant
    i got it from there.i'm using RTL2832 dongle but other development items but didn't provide training equipment.I was not sure what the necessary materials.writes a lot of different things on the web sites.Use the form of plug didn't provide much performance...

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by W4lRon View Post
    i got it from there.i'm using RTL2832 dongle but other development items but didn't provide training equipment.I was not sure what the necessary materials.writes a lot of different things on the web sites.Use the form of plug didn't provide much performance...
    So how do you want to use the dongle? - with Windows, with Linux with a Raspberry Pi computer? - you say what you are trying to do and people here will help you.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    So how do you want to use the dongle? - with Windows, with Linux with a Raspberry Pi computer? - you say what you are trying to do and people here will help you.
    i want to use on windows..I want to evaluate equipment.I have an extra antenna.I'll added photos when i get home.If you want to use to help..

Thanks

Captain
    Lets pass this to someone who really knows about windows feeding ... maybe take this to this forum... http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...oftware-thread!)