X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT Infinity Home Hub 5 and Virtual Radar

For info only.
    BEWARE.
    I recently changed ISP to BT for better speeds. Got the BT Infinity Home Hub 5 which is good for 70 mb download and 20 mb upload. Wonderful and these are achievable speeds.
    PROBLEM
    If you want to use VR or any other program, other users WONT be able to see them as the Home Hub 5 DOESN'T have the availability of PORT FORWARDING.
    This is a BT Firmware issue and will be resolved but is not available at present.
    You can get over the problem by using a different router but at you own expense !!

Port forwarding isn't required for VRS when used locally.

Comment

Originally posted by (BOH) Steve View Post
      For info only.
      BEWARE.
      I recently changed ISP to BT for better speeds. Got the BT Infinity Home Hub 5 which is good for 70 mb download and 20 mb upload. Wonderful and these are achievable speeds.
      PROBLEM
      If you want to use VR or any other program, other users WONT be able to see them as the Home Hub 5 DOESN'T have the availability of PORT FORWARDING.
      This is a BT Firmware issue and will be resolved but is not available at present.
      You can get over the problem by using a different router but at you own expense !!
      you can port forward bt new router in advanced setting its the same address as there old router

Comment

The Hub 5 uses two different frequencies, which it selects to optimise the signal, but in many cases, the Hub 3 was and continues to be better for slower connections.

Comment

BT are simply the worst, I found that half my applications were unable to work until I went into the hub setting and under "Advanced Settings" switched off "smart setup. I found this out by accident!!! Their useless so called "technical team" no nothing!!!

Comment

Working...
          X