Jet Airways 777 Mumbai- London.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Airways 777 Mumbai- London.

Can anyone tell me how many times VT-JEK can fly to and from these destinations without a break. This aircraft has been doing this run now for over a week non stop!! Thanks.

Originally posted by wilsonz View Post
    Can anyone tell me how many times VT-JEK can fly to and from these destinations without a break. This aircraft has been doing this run now for over a week non stop!! Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum. Modern commercial aircraft have astounding reliability for a highly complex machine. Their ultimate lifespan is most often determined by the number of take-off/landing cycles rather than hours in the air. If you watch any airline's long haul operations on FR24 over time, as you have, you will see that many planes spend no more than 2 to 3 hours on the ground between flights - they are essentially in the air most of the time which is necessary to recoup capital costs and operating expenses plus make a profit for shareholders. They are checked by engineers at each port and pilots diligently report any developing issues at the end of each flight. A large part of aircraft reliability is due to operators carrying out scheduled maintenance and parts replacement strictly according to manufacturers' specifications. Some programmed maintenance can take an aircraft out of service for a month or more.

Comment

Thanks for that, would Jet have any aircraft on standby at Heathrow in case of a problem or would they just delay or cancel the flight. We fly to Mumbai next month to catch a connecting flight and the knock on effect of a cancellation would not be very good for us. Obviously modern aircraft perform a lot better than modern cars, a six hundred mile round trip, over a period of two days in my Ford Mondeo caused me to break down twice.

Comment

There won't be a standby aircraft. The flight will either be delayed or cancelled.

Comment

Fingers crossed then!

Comment

Working...
          X