Please help explain what I am seeing in this data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help explain what I am seeing in this data

I built my collinear antenna and have it up outside about 6 feet off the ground on a temporary mount.

I'm seeing this data, but do not understand all of it because all of the lines I am seeing do not correspond to targets on my screen.

I remember from the RTL1090 program a Tuner AGC dB setting that could be changed. Is this a setting that should be adjusted now that I'm feeding from a Raspberry Pi? It seemed to have an effect when I changed it with only the whip antenna attached.

I've included a screen shot of what I'm talking about for your help.

Thanks in advance.

ADS Data.PNG

Which in particular? Ones I sampled come back to legitimate contacts. Looks to me like your range has now increased exponentially and you now have ground traffic (0 alt airbuses) and all. Others won't show positional data but you will see HEX and ALT as seen there.

You will only ever see ones with GPS position locations, (with Track heading in that list) Mode-C, Military and other transponders lack the postional information from transmissions so don't show up on the RTL map or VRS etc
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Which in particular? Ones I sampled come back to legitimate contacts. Looks to me like your range has now increased exponentially and you now have ground traffic (0 alt airbuses) and all. Others won't show positional data but you will see HEX and ALT as seen there.

You will only ever see ones with GPS position locations, (with Track heading in that list) Mode-C, Military and other transponders lack the postional information from transmissions so don't show up on the RTL map or VRS etc
      OK. Thank you. You have pretty much answered my question.

I was wondering why there are times that I see information such as "4304" with no other info that does have a target. Another line says "5860" with no other info and no target on the map. Some of what I am seeing just has a squawk code with no other information or a target, so I was not sure if this was incomplete data due to poor signal or if I was getting a good signal and these were valid data signals I was getting.

Thanks for your confirmation. I am going to attempt to get the antenna higher, and see how far I can push my HOA rules.

Comment

Could be bad signal decoding too. Don't rule it out but the higher you go the more you will see, the quality may not change
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
        X