Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citation Jet Crashes In Atlantic City& ends up in river with engines running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citation Jet Crashes In Atlantic City& ends up in river with engines running!

This is one of those videos you just have to see. The crazy Pilot overshoots the runway and ends up in the River, forgets to shut the engines down, which results in one of them restarting after they have evacuated the aircraft.

www.ADS-B.ca

That's an odd one alright and the longer I watched it I began to realise I'd seen it before. It occured back in May 2005;

A Cessna 525A CitationJet CJ2 plane, registered OY-JET, sustained substantial damage in a landing accident at Atlantic City-Bader Field, NJ (AIY), United States of America. All three passengers and one pilot survived. The airplane operated on a flight from Burlington International Airport, VT (BTV) to Atlantic City-Bader Field, NJ (AIY).

Hope the pilot went back to pilot school after that one. I find it interesting that no mention is made of the failure to shutdown one engine- perhaps the poor guy was unable to do so. It seems engine No 1 was either shutdown or failed to restart and fortunately led the aircraft to turn in a circle until the other engine shut down (or starved of fuel). It tried to flame out but unfortunately spooled up to somewhere near max. Perhaps a very appropriate description of the pilot just at the start of the video. He was doing a fair clip on touchdown too, never mind the length (or lack thereof) of the runway.

An interesting twist to the word 'jetski.'

The best outcome though, the only thing hurt was the pilot's pride (and the aircraft).

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2014-01-09, 02:56.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

How on earth did that restart with no one in the cockpit?!

Comment

Fuel shutoff valve. Theres a bunch of processes to shut an aircraft down, and they were skipped to ensure the safe evac
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The NTSB report of the accident: http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/br...05LA085&akey=1
          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Working...
          X