Air New Zealand comfirms orders for 3 new 773's and 9 787's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air New Zealand comfirms orders for 3 new 773's and 9 787's

Today in the Air NZ staff bulletin the airline has odered three more 777-319 's from Boeing and nie 787 dreamliners which expect to be delivered into the fleet this year and over 2015. The final two 744's that are currently in service will be retired this year some time where they have done remarkably well. They are the former Lord of the Rings jets which now the paint job has be taken off the aircraft. ZK-NBV and ZK-SUH will be sadly missed. The future orders in place for the 748's are on hold at the present time with both Boeing and Air NZ looking at ways for options and other tech problems occurring with the big jet. Cannot wait to see the 787 arrive in NZAA/AKL

[
    Whens the ANZ 787 arriving? will go and take some photo's

QUOTE=pan am 815;43457]Today in the Air NZ staff bulletin the airline has odered three more 777-319 's from Boeing and nie 787 dreamliners which expect to be delivered into the fleet this year and over 2015. The final two 744's that are currently in service will be retired this year some time where they have done remarkably well. They are the former Lord of the Rings jets which now the paint job has be taken off the aircraft. ZK-NBV and ZK-SUH will be sadly missed. The future orders in place for the 748's are on hold at the present time with both Boeing and Air NZ looking at ways for options and other tech problems occurring with the big jet. Cannot wait to see the 787 arrive in NZAA/AKL[/QUOTE]

Comment

Air New Zealand to fly first stretch Dreamliner to Australia Read more: http://www.s

Britguy,

Air New Zealand will fly the first of its brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft on the Perth-Auckland run, in a move that will raise the level of competition facing Qantas on trans-Tasman routes.

The Kiwi airline will be the first carrier to receive the stretched version of the Dreamliner – known as the 787-9 – in the middle of next year, albeit years after it was originally slated to take delivery of the new plane type.

I understand Air New Zealand is the launch customer for this aircraft and the time frame indicated in the article (mid next year) is referring to mid 2014
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

just saw the news on Yahoo says this weekend 04/01/14 test flight and landing:

have a 787-9 BE02 over the pacific on flight radar

Air New Zealand's first Boeing Dreamliner touches down at Auckland Airport for a time this weekend.

The plane is stopping over on its way to the Australian outback, where it'll undergo hot weather testing.

Once that's complete the aircraft will be configured for Air New Zealand and is due to be handed over in the middle of the year.

The airline is the launch customer for the longer version of the Dreamliner...the 787 dash 9.

It'll replace the ageing 767 fleet on routes including Perth and China.

Comment

Damn you beat me to it :P someone just showed me BOE2 was enroute
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Haha thanks Oblivian
            yep BOE2 tracking now on my Ipad looks like ETA is 20:45 at NZAA

Comment

OurAir NZ which kiwi's say will be into NZAA/AKL today I have tracked it on flightaware

Comment

oblivian Just update on retirement of ZK-NBV (BRAVO VICTOR) ANZ 744 this comes from many of my good friends in ANZ who I worked with many years ago who buy and dispose of the aircraft in the fleet. This 744 will remain active until some time in February 2014 until one of the 773 are delivered. It will be parked where her sister 744's were for parting out before she is taken up to either Roswell or Miami Locks depending on time and available space on the desert floor. There are no buyers for her at all. At the moment they are using her on the AKL/KSFO route like ZK-SUH 744. they sometime put them on the trans Tasman runs as some times there loadings are heavy so they change them over from the 772 or 773's like they did today NZ135 NZ136 744 ZK-NBV YBBN/BNE

Comment

Originally posted by Britguy View Post
                  Haha thanks Oblivian
                  yep BOE2 tracking now on my Ipad looks like ETA is 20:45 at NZAA
                  BOE2 currently doing hot weather trials around Alice Springs/Ayres Rock - it's been visible on FR24 on and off for a couple of days after flying there via Brisbane on Monday. Currrently flying low and slow.

Comment

The global destination for business travellers and premium frequent flyers: news, reviews and expert guides to help you travel better.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

good article from your link Oblivian thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X