CANADIAN FEEDERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p38p51 View Post
    Hope we can get some idea of the location of Canadian Feeders. I am located in Brandon MB F-CYBR1. Cheers/Bill
    Noted this thread only today.... I am feeder T-CYYZ9, located about 15 kms from Toronto International Airport (L.B. Pearson / CYYZ).

Comment

Thanks for checking in abcd567, good to hear from you, all the way from Brandon! Will install a new SD card in my FR24 receiver in a day or two as it hasnt been working all that well and they suspect the card required updating.

Comment

Hello all..

Just wanted to say that I am new to planeplotter, FlightRadar 24 and ADS-b decoding

I think is great...now I can see and listen to aircraft at the same time in the comforts of my shack.

I am sharing my data on the network ( CYQG1 ) and I am located in Windsor, Ontario..

In my proximity I have Windsor Airport ( CYQG ) Detroit City ( KDET ) Detroit Metro ( KDTW ) Wiilow Run ( KYIP ) and Selfridge ANGB ( KMTC ).

When the snow melts I would like to get a proper antenna for my receiver on the roof... just using a UHF vertical now...it works but I know there is better ...and using the RTL USB stick from ebay.

I am open to any suggestion that may allow me to get the most of this....

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Thanks for checking in Chris, seems to be a few Hams on FR24 which makes sense! I worked with FSS/Aeradio for a lot of years and at the end of our Weather Broadcasts we would say 'KEEP ALERT AND WATCH FOR OTHER AIRCRAFT----that may be a good FR24 Slogan!
          Cheers/73's
          Bill, Brandon, VE4FT, ex VE8FT, VE8QZ

Comment

Originally posted by ve3zo View Post
            Hello all..

Just wanted to say that I am new to planeplotter, FlightRadar 24 and ADS-b decoding

I think is great...now I can see and listen to aircraft at the same time in the comforts of my shack.

I am sharing my data on the network ( CYQG1 ) and I am located in Windsor, Ontario..

In my proximity I have Windsor Airport ( CYQG ) Detroit City ( KDET ) Detroit Metro ( KDTW ) Wiilow Run ( KYIP ) and Selfridge ANGB ( KMTC ).

When the snow melts I would like to get a proper antenna for my receiver on the roof... just using a UHF vertical now...it works but I know there is better ...and using the RTL USB stick from ebay.

Thanks

Chris
            Plese read post #431 (and also earlier/later posts) in this forum "best-antenna"
            hi everyone my Q is could someone tell me which is the best antenna i can have for a alinco dj-x3 receiver i will be putting it on my house chimney.I am only listening for air traffic and were planes are going to and fro. so can someone help please ;)

best antenna

Comment

Originally posted by ve3zo View Post
              ......When the snow melts I would like to get a proper antenna for my receiver on the roof... just using a UHF vertical now...it works but I know there is better ...and using the RTL USB stick from ebay.

Thanks

Chris
              Please also see posts:

hi everyone my Q is could someone tell me which is the best antenna i can have for a alinco dj-x3 receiver i will be putting it on my house chimney.I am only listening for air traffic and were planes are going to and fro. so can someone help please ;)

Last edited by abcd567; 2014-03-13, 21:02.

Comment

Good info abcd567, can we get your first name? No problem if we cant. Cheers/Bill
                (Hope you see this Chris).

Comment

MONTREAL

New one Mar 15 2014
                  F-CYUL1 activated in Montreal, Canada

Comment

F-CYOW3 online

F-CYOW3 is aprox 8km north east of YOW in Ottawa and receiving data from 200nm in all directions.

Comment

JimR here at Coronation AB, am not much on the social aspect of FR24, but find my self with fair good coverage with antenna at 18 Ft. mark, I may increase the height this summer, will see. Have a lot of antenna work coming to do with my Ham Radio Station. Right now I have a radius of 190 miles, that I know of. The primary rule of antennas above 30 Mhz. is " line of sight", and in case of HF radio, below 30 Mhz. is "propagation".
                      Last edited by JimR; 2018-02-22, 16:13. Reason: I forgot I was on this thread, sorry.

Comment

T-CYSJ1

Approx. Location: 45.325117,-66.2178654
                        Located 13.2 nm from CYSJ, bearing 289'm
                        Antenna is 18 segment 1/4 wavelength, mounted height is 311' msl
                        Coverage includes CYSJ, CYQM, CYFC, CYHZ and CYZX
                        NOTE: Plan to mount antenna an additional 10' higher in the spring to clear nearby power lines, when all the snow is gone.
                        T-CYSJ1 || VirtualRadar

Comment

Morning Jerry, I made up my own list of Radar stations from my premium map and I see yours is updated, I'm listed. Good stuff, I have scoured Flight Radar and found no such list as Canadian Feeders, so a list like you started in invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by p38p51 View Post
                            This one for example:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3095[/ATTACH]
                            Wizard, F-CYKG1, Middle of nowhere, Extreme Northern QC

We are listed as F-CYKG1 which is the public airport closest to where we are. In my opinion it should be named after our station which is private. I won't list it here but we are in Northern Quebec (North of 60) and I work in the tower as a Unicom.

Anyone really curious can pm me for more details.
                            Last edited by Pontoonrider; 2015-05-22, 16:29. Reason: company privacy

Comment

C-YBX1 and C-YBX2 setup recently at Blanc Sablon, QC

Comment

Fredericton NB.

F-CYFC1
                                FR24 Feeder Station F-CYFC1.

Comment

Working...
                                X