OTT Spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTT Spotting

Hi, thought I'd give this a go, post what aircraft you needed and seen today
    I'm located near SOU/BOH..
    Ones worth of note the past few days:
    14th:
    61-0295 KC-135 QID96 AE0260
    58-0100 KC-135 QID97 AE04FE
    16th:
    N800GN HS125 Hex: AAE280
    F-HREX HS125 Hex: 39C497

So I made the 2x KC-135 and N800GN which is good, but something not so good is the weather forecast for this week!
    Last edited by dylanjgrant; 2013-12-16, 18:24.

Today I've seen a FDX 777, N855UP and new flybe 406A45 G-FBJJ 170-00358 E170-200 Flybe, nothing too exciting, but I was pleased about the new BEE G-FBJJ

Comment

I was surprised this morning at Manchester. I could see some aircraft approaching from the SE and I could see one was a 4 engine aircraft so I looked at FR24, found the aircraft and then got a shock.
      At the time I began watching it, it was still a few miles SE of Leicester! And that is around 70 miles away!
      Sure enough, a couple of minutes later it passed overhead and I could see it was a B747 from Cargo Air Lines, 4C-ICO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin View Post
        I could see it was a B747 from Cargo Air Lines, 4C-ICO.
        Really ?
        I suspect a typo - shouldn't the registration have been 4X-ICO ?
        You say it was around 70 miles away, and passed overhead you in 2 minutes?
        That's 35 miles a minute, or 2,100 miles an hour. Interesting !

Comment

very nice kelvin, hope you had a good day

yes The Sage Of Milton it is a typo and by a couple of minutes, he probably means about 10..time flys when you're having fun!

Comment

Today I've made 2, EI-LIS A320-214 4CA9B2 BELLEAIR and EI-EJO A330-202 4CAA6D ALITALIA, I've also seen M-SAIL PC12 which I didn't need..gale force winds next!

Comment

CLOSE
              2 in the book not bad considering an hour of blue skies, now 8/8 and stormy winds and rain
              EI-LIS
              A320-214
              4CA9B2
              BelleAir
              BOH - QLA for storage

EI-EJO
              A330-202
              4CAA6D
              ALITALIA
              Seen over 'Midhurst'

Comment

School today but made 1
                UR-CKC
                AN-74
                Dylan - cloud and spitting with rain

Comment

Right & wrong.
                  Yes, the reg had a typo.
                  No, I didn't say "2 minutes". I said a couple of minutes later, using the term "couple" loosely.
                  Using data from FR24, which I did after I had seen the aircraft, it appears over Leicester at 10:15 and my camera shows a photo at 10:16:50 when the aircraft was just short of Manchester.
                  Still, don't take my word for it. Try a playback. 17th December.

Comment

Working...
                  X