Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

I thought i would bite the bullet and start off a much needed thread.

Use this thread for chatting about coverage, feeding Flightradar24 or anything else related to Feeding.
    But not for reporting new feeders spotted as that is covered here:
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...Feeder-Spotted but you can chat about new feeders.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-12-13, 11:50. Reason: More information added
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Can we chat about getting a list made available of current feeders extracted from the database (each week please)?

That would be the names of all radars that have uploaded - It would be nice if it could be made as a KML (Google Keyhole Markup Language) file but that would be too much to ask for.

The "new feeders spotted" is a nice idea, but now that it is spread over 700+ posts over 70+ pages, not a very useful format for historic data lookup - sometimes a sorted list is better.
    Last edited by peterhr; 2013-12-13, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
      I thought i would bite the bullet and start off a much needed thread.

Use this thread for chatting about coverage, feeding Flightradar24 or anything else related to Feeding.
      But not for reporting new feeders spotted as that is covered here:
      http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...Feeder-Spotted but you can chat about new feeders.
      good idea speedbird1960...

there has been a lot of discussions at new feeder spotted thread that I sometimes finds cluttering, especially if I want to refer back. So having this is a good. The posts can be moved to here and hopefully not deleted anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        good idea speedbird1960...

there has been a lot of discussions at new feeder spotted thread that I sometimes finds cluttering, especially if I want to refer back. So having this is a good. The posts can be moved to here and hopefully not deleted anymore.
        If you move the post, how does the original poster know where it's gone unless a tag is left in the original place and that defeats the reason for moving it to some extent.

Move it, PM the user with a link the the post in it's new location.

Have you ever posted in the wrong place - then looked for the 'delete my post' button (even if no one has responded) ... it's not there!

Most who post in the wrong place don't do it deliberately - they may not have seen the notice 20 pages / 205 posts back - be nice to them, don't whack them - they might be important to you one day, but they won't if they're driven away.

Comment

Maybe make this thread a sticky. So it doesn't get lost in the forum area.
          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
            Have you ever posted in the wrong place - then looked for the 'delete my post' button (even if no one has responded) ... it's not there!
            Hi Peter to delete a post, select edit, you will then see the 'Delete' button its next to 'Go Advanced'.

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
            Maybe make this thread a sticky. So it doesn't get lost in the forum area.
            Hi Brian, i was also thinking of making it a sticky but the Flightradar24 section already has a lot of stickies, the only other option would be to move the thread to http://forum.flightradar24.com/forum...out-this-forum
            But then its kind of in the wrong section on the Forum and could be hard to find for new members.
            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-12-13, 18:42.

Comment

My opinion is that creating new or splitting this section would solve the problem.
              One section for all is not enough. There is too much to talk about
              Last edited by Amper; 2013-12-13, 19:27.
              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
                Creating new or splitting this section would solve the problem.
                One section for all is not enough. There is too much to talk about
                I have created this new thread today, what did you want to split.

You can talk as much as you like on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                  If you move the post, how does the original poster know where it's gone unless a tag is left in the original place and that defeats the reason for moving it to some extent.

Move it, PM the user with a link the the post in it's new location.

Most who post in the wrong place don't do it deliberately - they may not have seen the notice 20 pages / 205 posts back - be nice to them, don't whack them - they might be important to you one day, but they won't if they're driven away.
                  If I recall correctly, VBulletin on which this forum is based has a facility whereby deleted or moved posts leave a message in the original spot. Like many features available in the underlying software, it does not appear to be implemented here on FR24. For example, we also do not appear to have personal messages (PMs) between members or if we do I can't find it where it normally would be expected. However, we are blessed with some of the more useless features of VBulletin like rankings and signatures.

Comment

Good move to create a new thread. It will be nice to be able to talk to/about various feeders without having the posts deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                      If I recall correctly, VBulletin on which this forum is based has a facility whereby deleted or moved posts leave a message in the original spot. Like many features available in the underlying software, it does not appear to be implemented here on FR24. For example, we also do not appear to have personal messages (PMs) between members or if we do I can't find it where it normally would be expected. However, we are blessed with some of the more useless features of VBulletin like rankings and signatures.
                      Eh, I happen to like the rankings- now I've hit 1,000 posts I'm waiting for my gold watch.

Gregg (tongue firmly planted in cheek)
                      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
                        Eh, I happen to like the rankings- now I've hit 1,000 posts I'm waiting for my gold watch.

Gregg (tongue firmly planted in cheek)
                        Jeez mate we might have to take the hat around for that.

Comment

I just watched Air Calin flight AC1330W land on Wallis Island courtesy of new feeder F-NWWM1 at Wallis. How incredible that FR24 lets us "see" a large aircraft (A320) land on an island that is just a speck in the middle of the world's largest ocean. Well done.

Comment

Jeez mate we might have to take the hat around for that.
                            Thanks heaps mate you're a legend (again tongue planted firmly in cheek).

Gregg
                            Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-14, 01:37.
                            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

I just watched Air Calin flight AC1330W land on Wallis Island courtesy of new feeder F-NWWM1 at Wallis. How incredible that FR24 lets us "see" a large aircraft (A320) land on an island that is just a speck in the middle of the world's largest ocean. Well done.
                              Agreed!!

Gregg (I had to add my name-message was too short to post otherwise)

Comment

Working...
                              X