Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
    John,
    Don't know why your F box shows ModeS: disabled, the status page on mine shows

FR24 CONNECTION STATUS:
    ADS-B: connected, 102 AC tracked
    ModeS: connected, 32 AC tracked

Ben.

Just a thought, is it because you don't have Mlat in your region yet ?
    You are correct. No MLAT = ModeS disabled.

Comment

• As mentioned in another thread we are testing MLAT in Asia. It's not just a question of turning in On/Off but assigning it to a server. As you have seen there is MLAT1 MLAT2 MLAT3 MLAT4, all are separate servers. Asian MLAT is tested on MLAT5 server that I think is located in somewhere in Asia. We have to evaluate ping times and data quality before we push it live. It may show up that it's better to run Asian MLAT through for example Australia or US.

Comment

• I have a problem with my FR24 receiver and Virtual Radar Server:

All ground traffic is shown 7100+km away. Do i have a setting wrong in VRS?

Or is the FR24 receiver mutilating data?
        Last edited by Jarod; 2014-06-15, 15:48.

Comment

• Great to see F-VANP1 up and running with superb coverage at Nagpur in India. It fills in a big hole in central India coverage. Congratulations to the FR24 team!
          Now if we could just get reliable feeders back into Hyderabad (VOHS) and Vizag (VEVZ) that would really complete the picture in that part of the world!
          T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
            I have a problem with my FR24 receiver and Virtual Radar Server:

All ground traffic is shown 7100+km away. Do i have a setting wrong in VRS?

Or is the FR24 receiver mutilating data?
            Contact Support regarding your FR24 Receiver
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
              Contact Support regarding your FR24 Receiver
              So you are confirming the receiver is broken?

Edit: A lot of plane also give no GPS position in VRS.
              When airborne they become visible, must be some crappy VRS setting being bugged again.

Edit:

Edit:
              The issues lies with VRS, so no need to contact FR24.
              What a crap software, all ground traffic is ignored and i can't find an option to enable it.

Edit:
              Pfffff, http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/...rsOptions.aspx this is the problem.
              Receiver location

The name of the receiver location that you have configured for the feed. It is only necessary to configure a receiver location for raw feeds, and then only if you want to be able to view ground traffic from that feed.

In the past i always set this randomly to north of Schiphol, now i set my exact location and it's too far out for ground traffic.
              Guess they never heard of people with proper reception.

Now going to find a good balance between Schiphol and the actual receiver location, LOL!
              Last edited by Jarod; 2014-06-15, 17:25.

Comment

• West Jet's 'First Trans Atlantic Flight'.. arriving in Dublin soon ! http://www.flightradar24.com/WJA16/3959e97
                F-CYQL1

Comment

• Mike,

Is F-EHAL1 a different receiver from F-EHLW1?

And now there are 14 receivers active in The Netherlands?

F-EHAL1
                  F-EHAM1
                  F-EHAM2
                  F-EHBK1
                  F-EHEH1
                  F-EHGG1
                  F-EHGG2
                  F-EHKD1
                  F-EHLW1
                  F-EHRD1
                  F-EHRD2
                  F-EHRD3
                  F-EHTW1
                  F-EHVB1

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    New FR24 receivers

F-KBPT1 activated in Beaumont, United States

For discussions about new receivers please use thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-Feeder-Chat
                    Is F-KBPT1 still active? I haven't seen any of their data recently and the little bit of MLAT it brought into Louisiana is gone as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      New FR24 receivers

F-LTAI1 activated in Antalya, Turkey

For discussions about new receivers please use thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-Feeder-Chat
                      we refer to this region were made.There's nothing that comes to us.really interesting....

communication with other activation also in turkey how can I get?
                      F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

• Dear All,

Hows my coverage? Please comment.

T-VGHS1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                          Dear All,

Hows my coverage? Please comment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4310[/ATTACH]
                          249nm ... excellent - that's about as far as a dongle will go, what equipment are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                            249nm ... excellent - that's about as far as a dongle will go, what equipment are you using?

This antennahttp://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTENNA-FOR-...item3a9117d562 with 10M RJ57 Cox cable with Raspberry PI. Fitted in 180(250 feet sea) feet ground height in the said lat-long. 360 degree clearly open from this height.

IMG_20140622_150953.jpg IMG_20140622_150232.jpg

Comment

• The http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ "in the air plot for planes at 30000 & 40000 feet for your location / 250 feet is this

Capture.PNG

so it may be possible to suck some more planes in from all around...

See if the antenna presents an open circuit to a DC resistance meter, if it does maybe you can fix a 'satellite amplifier' to the bottom of the antenna before the downlead (see ebay item 350657754545) ... this is powered by about 15v being sent up the antenna wire using a Satellite Line Power Inserter (like ebay item 121321050146)

Actually, you should apply for a FR24 receiver - you can cover the whole country from your location - use your present stats and the heywhatsthat plot as evidence.
                              Last edited by peterhr; 2014-06-25, 17:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                                The http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ "in the air plot for planes at 30000 & 40000 feet for your location / 250 feet is this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4313[/ATTACH]

so it may be possible to suck some more planes in from all around...

See if the antenna presents an open circuit to a DC resistance meter, if it does maybe you can fix a 'satellite amplifier' to the bottom of the antenna before the downlead (see ebay item 350657754545) ... this is powered by about 15v being sent up the antenna wire using a Satellite Line Power Inserter (like ebay item 121321050146)

Actually, you should apply for a FR24 receiver - you can cover the whole country from your location - use your present stats and the heywhatsthat plot as evidence.
                                Here is my current coverage area. From the center i can get all planes around 300-400km easily. In my country my feeder feeds all the plane while within 200km two FR receiver exists(F-VECC2 in CCU & F-VEAT1 in IXA). Sometime my feeder feeds these feeder 5km km areas plane also. I have a plan to use a amplifier soon.

Coverage-1.jpg

I have applied for the receiver 3 months ago. I completed their all formalities, but somehow i didn't get attention from FR24. In our country there is a FR receiver named "F-VGZR1". But that is not in regular operation and if my feeder on, that feeder found very often, because of my coverage. I am the only feeder for planefinder also from my country.

Thanks for the comment about http://www.heywhatsthat.com. I need more help for this from you.

Thanks & regards,
                                Zahidul Hasan.

Comment

Working...
                                X