No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMMmmm,... thats 50 to 60 %,... Maybe they should be reminded that the agreement is.
    that they are 24/7 and not,. When they liked to be..

Rgr Mike,.. I was just thinking, What,. other would be host,. Would be thinking,...
    Last edited by delcomp; 2014-07-07, 08:26.
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• We are of course doing what we can...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        We have 6 receivers in Kiev area, but normally 3 or 4 are almost always down.
        tnx fo answer
        What is 6th? As I can see UKKK2, UKKK4, UKBB1 works fine and near 24/7. So UKKK1, UKKK3 is down. 6th radar is UKKK5?
        No any improvment in this area in plans? Or have you "instruments" to bring back to service UKKK1 and UKKK3 ?
        T-UKKK11

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanveer Yasser View Post
          Greeting from Dhaka

New feeder T-VGHS3 close to Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (VGHS/DAC), providing good coverage over entire Bangladesh, Bay of Bengal to the north, and NE states of India to the east. This is a radarcape device (MLAT capable) with antenna located ~250 ft AGL (~ 290-300 ft MSL). Antenna site allows un-obstructed 360-degree view of the sky.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4373[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4374[/ATTACH]

Thanks to zahidulhasan (T-VGHS1) for helping out with antenna installation.
          Hello and welcome to FR24. Set up looks very good and definitely at a very high location. Nice to hear that Zahidulhasan helped, he was working hard on getting coverage for Dhaka. Good job to both of you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanveer Yasser View Post
            Greeting from Dhaka

New feeder T-VGHS3 close to Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (VGHS/DAC), providing good coverage over entire Bangladesh, Bay of Bengal to the north, and NE states of India to the east. This is a radarcape device (MLAT capable) with antenna located ~250 ft AGL (~ 290-300 ft MSL). Antenna site allows un-obstructed 360-degree view of the sky.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4373[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4374[/ATTACH]

Thanks to zahidulhasan (T-VGHS1) for helping out with antenna installation.
            Awesome!
            Greetings from Amsterdam

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              New FR24 receivers

F-KBPT2 activated in Beaumont, United States
              Excellent news! When F-KBPT1 was around for a few weeks it filled in a bit of MLAT. Nice to see a KBPT site back!

Comment

• Hello,
                I'm a new feeder (T-KLMB3), activated a week or so ago.

I'm using an R820T dongle and simple home-made ground-plane antenna connected to an RPi running Tomasz Miklas' image for FR24:

The antenna is currently mounted on the Northeast corner of my house, about 15 ft above the ground. I plan to build a higher gain antenna and mount it higher, above the roof line. But even with this crude antenna below the roofline, my current setup works surprisingly well in all major directions, out to about 150 miles max. I have received signals as far South as West Palm Beach, North from St. Augustine and West out into the Gulf of Mexico. I'm about 7 miles from the KMLB runway (northeast of me), so can receive some signals from aircraft on the ground.

20140630_151055.jpg

However, I'm not seeing my feed being used much by FR24, except for a few times the first few days. Another feeder, F-KMLB1, seems to dominate in this area.

Perhaps part of the problem is clock synchronization. I ran the RPi image for a few days before I realized it was synced to British Standard Time. I reconfigured the locale to EDST (-5 GMT) but am still noting the stats published by FR24 are showing a bogus time for the latest-upload stat. For example, at 1054 localtime I was sending messages like these:
                MSG,7,111,11111,A9125F,111111,2014/07/14,10:54:35.727,2014/07/14,10:54:35.731,,38000,,,,,,,,,,0 MSG,8,111,11111,A7DAC4,111111,2014/07/14,10:54:35.729,2014/07/14,10:54:35.732,,,,,,,,,,,,0 MSG,8,111,11111,C07876,111111,2014/07/14,10:54:35.754,2014/07/14,10:54:35.737,,,,,,,,,,,,0

But my latest-upload stat showed this impossible time, several hours in the future:
                Radar: T-KMLB3 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-07-14 15:58:46

So perhaps I should have reset something in my profile when I changed the locale.

Why is FR24 showing this spurious timestamp? Can this be fixed?

Thanks,
                John/af4ex
                T-KMLB3: R820T2/RPi/FR24FEED 1/4-wave ground plane antenna with amp @EL98pa

Comment

• Originally posted by af4ex View Post
                  Hello,
                  I'm a new feeder (T-KLMB3), activated a week or so ago.
                  <snip>
                  First of all welcome to the club and any feed is always appreciated. The code shown is more of a last radar touched the data point type thing. Your data is still being used do not worry. The times are in GMT I believe so as long as you show everything as uploading and such on your side and no errors on your logs then everything is okay. If you want to see what you are uploading I would recommend using one of the various methods to see your own tracked plans such as the radar view to the raspberry pi IP, the raspberry IP webpage, or something like Virtual Radar Server on a Windows PC reading the output from the Pi.

This post might answer the question as well: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post52375
                  Last edited by digiblur; 2014-07-14, 15:42.

Comment

• @digiblur
                    > The times are in GMT I believe so as long as you show everything as uploading
                    > and such on your side and no errors on your logs then everything is okay.

Currently it is 1352 EDST here in Florida, or 1752 UTC. But my account status shows last-upload today at "19:52:04", two hours ahead of UTC. What time zone is that?
                    Radar: T-KMLB3 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-07-14 19:52:04

> First of all welcome to the club and any feed is always appreciated.
                    Thanks.

John/af4ex

Comment

@digiblur
                      > The times are in GMT I believe so as long as you show everything as uploading
                      > and such on your side and no errors on your logs then everything is okay.

Currently it is 1352 EDST here in Florida, or 1752 UTC. But my account status shows last-upload today at "19:52:04", two hours ahead of UTC. What time zone is that?

> First of all welcome to the club and any feed is always appreciated.
                      Thanks.

John/af4ex
                      Mine shows: Radar: F-KBTR1 Status: Online Last upload (~5min): 2014-07-14 20:00:44

Which is 8 minutes behind yours which would go with the posting delays and such. I don't think there's anything wrong with your timestamp. You should start seeing the stats for your feeder uploading on your premium page. This will tell you if your data is being accepted. If you still have any doubts, I would send their support email a message asking them to look at your radar code to verify everything looks fine.

I'm pretty sure everything is good to go though. Give it 24 hours and check your stats, then try building that bigger antenna to feed the addiction of picking up more.

Comment

@digiblur
                        What time zone is that?
                        CET = Central European Time "server" time.

T-KMLB3 appears to be feeding data OK.

Comment

• > CET = Central European Time "server" time.

OK, just realized that FR24 out of Europe. Now it makes sense. Thanks.

One more question. Is there any way from your stats (or 3rd party tools) to compute the maximum extents of distance coverage from my feeder inputs? Or a plotting tool that aggregates inputs over a time period on a map?

I suppose I could write my own program to do this, but figured maybe somebody else has already done this.

Thanks,
                          John/af4ex

Comment

• What decoding or tracking software are you using with your receiver?

Comment

• ADSBscope - runs on windows, collects data from your pi

but before tou do that go to heywhatsthat.com, ut in your location and how high up your antenna is. Click 'in the air' then set the altitude to 40000 and say 20000 - that will draw range rings showing what you might get (zoom out it's up to 600 miles across)

Comment

> CET = Central European Time "server" time.

OK, just realized that FR24 out of Europe. Now it makes sense. Thanks.

One more question. Is there any way from your stats (or 3rd party tools) to compute the maximum extents of distance coverage from my feeder inputs? Or a plotting tool that aggregates inputs over a time period on a map?

I suppose I could write my own program to do this, but figured maybe somebody else has already done this.

Thanks,
                                John/af4ex
                                Virtual Radar Server can do this, turn on the Receiver range option and it will start to draw in the range areas in real time.

Comment

Working...
                                X