Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kjan2 View Post
    T-KJAN2, Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport area (Mississippi, USA)

Operating with a small antenna right now, but a nicer one is on order.
    Nice to see a neighbor! What type of antenna and setup are you using now?

I'm F-KBTR1 and T-KBTR3(adjacent to your south) for my Pi feeder that I'm playing with on various antenna builds.

Comment

• Originally posted by digiblur View Post
      Nice to see a neighbor! What type of antenna and setup are you using now?

I'm F-KBTR1 and T-KBTR3(adjacent to your south) for my Pi feeder that I'm playing with on various antenna builds.
      I'm using the DVB-T stick with a PC. Right now I'm just using the small antenna that came with it in a window of the second story of my house. Though I'm obviously missing quite a bit of traffic on the side of the antenna being blocked by the building, I was surprised how far I could see in the other direction at times with that small antenna (and even in the directions blocked by various obstructions).

That motivated me to get a nicer antenna, which I plan to install outside and hopefully get even better coverage in all directions.

Whoever our northern counterpart is in Tupelo seems to be able to cover pretty much all of MS and AL and most of TN, AR, and LA. So right now I'm mostly just serving to capture planes below the level my neighbors can see. Unfortunately right now the only routine flight in/out of JAN with ADS-B is a UPS flight to SDF that takes off every night just after 10 PM and comes back every morning around 6 AM.

Nice to meet you!
      F-KJAN3 and T-KJAN2...providing ground traffic at JAN and low level coverage around the Jackson, MS metro area

Comment

I'm using the DVB-T stick with a PC. Right now I'm just using the small antenna that came with it in a window of the second story of my house. Though I'm obviously missing quite a bit of traffic on the side of the antenna being blocked by the building, I was surprised how far I could see in the other direction at times with that small antenna (and even in the directions blocked by various obstructions).
        As you've seen, you can be surprised at the range of those little way-off-freq-cut antennas, when I first got my dongle, I sat it next to a window, ground level, side of house, 1.5 metres away is a 6ft high fence, and a 6ft high gate 2 metres away, covered by high neighbours house 3 meters away, palm trees, in other directions with very little sky view, I had about 7nm range looking in that (west) direction, but, on the other side (east), with no view, I could get 40nm, only 50nm north and 10 south, to aircraft operating at or just below 10K feet, bit further obviously with higher altitude... a few weeks later, 10 metres RG6, a home made 6db coaxial colinear antenna stuffed into a pvc pipe about 4 metres AGL I get 140 plus nm all round, cover down to 900 feet at the local int airport about 45 km's away, extreme improvement, because of the mountainous terrain around me on the southern, western and northern arc, plus 80-90 feet high wall of forestry on the east-SE arc, and my not so high AMSL, I probably couldnt get much better, short of scaring my neighbours with a 30ft mast - or moving

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          New FR24 receivers

F-WRBB1 activated in Banjarmasin, Indonesia

For discussions about new receivers please use thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-Feeder-Chat
          Banjarmasin! yay! A dream come true to have coverage there! A quick glance at the coverage looks very good! thanks to whoever is hosting that receiver!

Comment

That motivated me to get a nicer antenna, which I plan to install outside and hopefully get even better coverage in all directions.

Whoever our northern counterpart is in Tupelo seems to be able to cover pretty much all of MS and AL and most of TN, AR, and LA. So right now I'm mostly just serving to capture planes below the level my neighbors can see. Unfortunately right now the only routine flight in/out of JAN with ADS-B is a UPS flight to SDF that takes off every night just after 10 PM and comes back every morning around 6 AM.

Nice to meet you!
            Awesome. I've noticed a few flights through there, the one off privates and such that were flying too low for KTUP to pick up. Any little bit helps! What kind of antenna do you have on order?

I noticed this morning that a new feed went up in Beaumont and the MLAT coverage picked up quite a bit there. Have you put in your application for your area for the free equipment? I think if they would accept it might add a bit of MLAT coverage as well there.

Comment

• Originally posted by digiblur View Post
              Awesome. I've noticed a few flights through there, the one off privates and such that were flying too low for KTUP to pick up. Any little bit helps! What kind of antenna do you have on order?

I noticed this morning that a new feed went up in Beaumont and the MLAT coverage picked up quite a bit there. Have you put in your application for your area for the free equipment? I think if they would accept it might add a bit of MLAT coverage as well there.
              I'm fairly tech dumb so I just ordered the PCB-1090-MCX "Diapason" recommended at the bottom of the DVB-T Stick instruction page. I was going to get a new idea of my coverage before applying for the nicer equipment. I saw that new one in BPT as well and the increased MLAT coverage. It would be nice to fill in some more of that around here.
              F-KJAN3 and T-KJAN2...providing ground traffic at JAN and low level coverage around the Jackson, MS metro area

Comment

I'm fairly tech dumb so I just ordered the PCB-1090-MCX "Diapason" recommended at the bottom of the DVB-T Stick instruction page. I was going to get a new idea of my coverage before applying for the nicer equipment. I saw that new one in BPT as well and the increased MLAT coverage. It would be nice to fill in some more of that around here.
                Is that the one with a 3m / 10ft feed cable ... that may be a bit short [affecting the position of the next piece of equipment] bearing in mind that ideally you place the antenna above roof / chimney height.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                  Is that the one with a 3m / 10ft feed cable ... that may be a bit short [affecting the position of the next piece of equipment] bearing in mind that ideally you place the antenna above roof / chimney height.
                  It should be that one. Not sure but it should be possible to remove the cable that comes with it and change it to a different cable i.e. belden H155 at the desired length (no more than 10m) to the dongle? KJAN2 will let us know perhaps when he gets his.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                    Banjarmasin! yay! A dream come true to have coverage there! A quick glance at the coverage looks very good! thanks to whoever is hosting that receiver!
                    Finally, Mike listen and sent 1 FR24 there.
                    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                      Finally, Mike listen and sent 1 FR24 there.
                      It's not about listening, but we need to have applications with clear view.

Comment

I would recommend putting in the application and let them determine if you would be a good candidate. You never know if someone else in your area might beat you to it. There's nothing stopping you from messing around with another feed like your Pi.

Comment

• Neat page.

RSS stream for new F- radars based on the forum thread 'New Feeder Spotted'.
                          Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                          [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                            It should be that one. Not sure but it should be possible to remove the cable that comes with it and change it to a different cable i.e. belden H155 at the desired length (no more than 10m) to the dongle? KJAN2 will let us know perhaps when he gets his.
                            Dear North Borneo Radar,

I am feeding with the name T-VGHS1. From my location i got very good signal from ground planes, but these plane does not showing in FR24.

Today i start feeding from 100 meter distance from runway. but these active planes does not showing on FR24. These plane comes after when these plane leave the runway.

I am using USB dongle to feed FR24

Whats the problem in this issue? Why these plane does not showing in your site. What should i do to bring these into FR24? Please advice me.

Signal Strenth from my home
                            Grownd plane.jpg

Signal from 100M distance of DAC
                            Grownd trafiic-2.jpg

I have contacted several time with FR24 support about this issue. But they reply only that one ticket opened for it, but no further response found on it.

Thanks & Regards,
                            Zahidul Hasan.
                            Dhaka, Bangladesh(DAC)

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                              Dear North Borneo Radar,

I am feeding with the name T-VGHS1. From my location i got very good signal from ground planes, but these plane does not showing in FR24.

Today i start feeding from 100 meter distance from runway. but these active planes does not showing on FR24. These plane comes after when these plane leave the runway.

I am using USB dongle to feed FR24

Whats the problem in this issue? Why these plane does not showing in your site. What should i do to bring these into FR24? Please advice me.

Signal Strenth from my home
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4236[/ATTACH]

Signal from 100M distance of DAC
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4235[/ATTACH]
                              I don't know how to read those images ... do they show aircraft longitude and latitude or just registration and altitude?

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                                I don't know how to read those images ... do they show aircraft longitude and latitude or just registration and altitude?
                                It shows registration, altitude, speed & something named (TT). no longitude and latitude showing.

Comment

Working...
                                X