Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Peterhr,

2,222nm... out of this world range for ads-b tracking, isn't it? Super weather conditions perhaps.

On another note, from my limited observations it does seems that the ARM Linux feed of FR24 is limiting ads-b data uploads to 250nm or just over that a bit. Anything more, eventhough it is quite well tracked, is not uploaded to FR24. Has anyone confirmed with you about this? I am not sure whether the same applies to FR24 receiver. I need to investigate as I have one. The windows feeder software is unaffected, it was uploading a plane that i was tracking to just under 300nm to FR24 (rare occurrence) when I noticed the plane popped up on PP, tracking quite well.
    We did discuss this, I think the figure came out to be 400NM ... but not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      Peterhr,

2,222nm... out of this world range for ads-b tracking, isn't it? Super weather conditions perhaps.

On another note, from my limited observations it does seems that the ARM Linux feed of FR24 is limiting ads-b data uploads to 250nm or just over that a bit. Anything more, eventhough it is quite well tracked, is not uploaded to FR24. Has anyone confirmed with you about this? I am not sure whether the same applies to FR24 receiver. I need to investigate as I have one. The windows feeder software is unaffected, it was uploading a plane that i was tracking to just under 300nm to FR24 (rare occurrence) when I noticed the plane popped up on PP, tracking quite well.
      I'm wondering about this, too. I regularly get contacts out to 290nm but they don't show up in fr24 until at 250nm and the maximum range in the fr24 feeder statistics is exactly 250nm every day. I'm also using the ARM feeder.

Today I was also tracking a local helicopter for maybe 10 minutes and it never showed up in FR24 at all. That can't be a range thing. Do they not display helicopters?
      Patrik J. / KB1VGP / FR24 T-PHTO1

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        We did discuss this, I think the figure came out to be 400NM ... but not sure.
        Thanks, I couldn't remember the figure exactly so asked.

Originally posted by lutorm View Post
        I'm wondering about this, too. I regularly get contacts out to 290nm but they don't show up in fr24 until at 250nm and the maximum range in the fr24 feeder statistics is exactly 250nm every day. I'm also using the ARM feeder.

Today I was also tracking a local helicopter for maybe 10 minutes and it never showed up in FR24 at all. That can't be a range thing. Do they not display helicopters?
        Yes helicopter does show up, it depends whether it is blocked or not, like some aircrafts, and obviously military. If it is then there is nothing much you can do about it, just enjoy that you alone can detect it on your screen.

Comment

• F-ENAT3

Hello to the Forum!

I'm up'n running with F-ENAT3 , FR24-supplied equipment, located at 70º North in Alta Norway, the airport is ALF located just a few km from me.
          Not the most busy area with an average of 40 planes a day so far, but have noticed som more M-LAT planes showing upp in the highlands after I came online
          I'm not shure, but I think both F-ENAT1&2 are located on the local airport, so I'm on higher ground than them, thus FR24 handing out the good-stuf to me
          Nice Forum, I'll be around!

Comment

• Originally posted by Finkelroy View Post
            I'm up'n running with F-ENAT3 , FR24-supplied equipment, located at 70º North in Alta Norway, the airport is ALF located just a few km from me.
            Wow, 70ºN is really north. Welcome and greetings from a warmer 43ºN in Europe
            Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

• Originally posted by Breitling View Post
              Wow, 70ºN is really north. Welcome and greetings from a warmer 43ºN in Europe
              I thought I saw an announcement of a new feeder in Longyearbyen, that would be 78ºN! Greetings from 19ºN in Hawaii
              Patrik J. / KB1VGP / FR24 T-PHTO1

Comment

• Originally posted by lutorm View Post
                I thought I saw an announcement of a new feeder in Longyearbyen, that would be 78ºN! Greetings from 19ºN in Hawaii
                Welcome from near 10 and something degrees north here
                Marco-Luis
                YV1HX
                F-SVMC1

http://twitter.com/meteoven
                http://yv1hx.no-ip.org
                http://www.meteoven.org

Comment

• Originally posted by yacare View Post
                  Muy pronto estaré ayudando desde Mercedes Corrientes Argentina a ver todo ese tráfico que ahora no se detecta en mi querida provincia de Corrientes. Ya falta muy poco para recibir todo para empezar a operar. Gracias. Hugo

Google Translate used, Speedbird: Very soon I will be helping from Mercedes Corrientes Argentina to see all the traffic that now is not detected in my beloved province of Corrientes. It is very close for all to start trading. Thank you. Hugo
                  Amigo, pusdites solicitar el equipo?

Google Translate used, Speedbird: Friend request pusdites team?
                  Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-05-15, 20:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunshare View Post
                    Amigo, pusdites solicitar el equipo?

Google Translate used, Speedbird: Friend request pusdites team?
                    Better translation, Breitling: Hi mate, could you finally request the equipment?
                    Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

• Yacare

If you are requesting to host the free Reciever,.. It would be much quicker to use the application form.
                      required link is...: http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

(Translated by Google Translate
                      Si usted está solicitando para acoger el Receptor libre, .. Sería mucho más rápido usar el formulario de solicitud.
                      enlace requerido es ...: http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment
                      (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                      1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• massive improvement at Kyiv area by MLAT coverage. Few days ago descending aircraft from west was lost in MLAT coverage near 200km before Kyiv near Novograd-Volynsky or Zhitomyr. Now MLAT available from 5km away of 36R runway UKBB. And no new notification about F-radars. I only know F-UKBB1, -UKKK1,2 and few mouth ago F-UKKK3 but now I don't see data from him. So how from three F- radars available MLAT in Kyiv area?
                        T-UKKK11

Comment

• 3 new receivers in the region last 3 days probably improves situation - Dnipropetrovsk, Minsk and Kiev.

Comment

• We have received over 300 requests from Argentina last week which makes us suspect that there is some kind of "Argentina campaign" being arranged somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              3 new receivers in the region last 3 days probably improves situation - Dnipropetrovsk, Minsk and Kiev.
                              Thanks for improvement... from nothing to 3000 ft at climbing of and 1500ft at UKKK approach. Wonderful!
                              T-UKKK11

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                We have received over 300 requests from Argentina last week which makes us suspect that there is some kind of "Argentina campaign" being arranged somewhere.
                                Is that a good or bad thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X