Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1081

Thread: Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

  1. #1061
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    No inbuilt RF amplifier
    usb only
    no ethernet
    no gps
    ...shall I continue?

    and for U.S. 199 bux????? Its no secret I consider the FR24 stuff over priced, but airspy doesnt appear much better than my 9.95 Chinese dongle.
    plus, is airspy tested, certified, to be installed and used by ATC centres?

    ...and you wonder why FR24 have ignored them .........

    Also, legally speaking, be very, VERY, careful about running off at the mouth about "stealing code", it might land you and airspy, in court and not as plaintiffs.
    I said contact you .... not so smart person here.... Not sell the device as is. After contact, any device can be made. Don't be this not smart please.
    That it has no inbuilt amplifier/lna/filter and already beats the FR24 receiver should say enough.
    It's all about money, i know that, but don't say you want the best and then ignore people who are the best.
    And for the stolen software, well court i am 100% not afraid of, but all i can say is, since adsb# became closed source, their software hasn't improved.
    Adsbspy is now much much better than it ever was before.

    Anyways, thanks for the reply, but again, don't say you want the best and than continue when the lesser options presented.

    (And yes the cheap rtlsdr comes very close to the FR24 receiver as well, hence the airspy was developed with 20dB less noise, etc etc... this is no secret.)

  2. #1062
    Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Qld, Australia
    Posts
    510
    ?Wrong code for Canberra Feeder

    I notice an aircraft on the ground at Canberra (Australia) with a radar code of T-YCBR1. Surely this should be T-YSCB1 because the ICAO code for Canberra is YSCB; however its IATA code is indeed CBR.

  3. #1063
    First officer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-YBBN30
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I said contact you .... not so smart person here.... Not sell the device as is. After contact, any device can be made. Don't be this not smart please.
    That it has no inbuilt amplifier/lna/filter and already beats the FR24 receiver should say enough.
    It's all about money, i know that, but don't say you want the best and then ignore people who are the best.
    And for the stolen software, well court i am 100% not afraid of, but all i can say is, since adsb# became closed source, their software hasn't improved.
    Adsbspy is now much much better than it ever was before.

    Anyways, thanks for the reply, but again, don't say you want the best and than continue when the lesser options presented.

    (And yes the cheap rtlsdr comes very close to the FR24 receiver as well, hence the airspy was developed with 20dB less noise, etc etc... this is no secret.)
    As has been pointed out, your logic is flawed, also, I want to see the results against fr24 units on a scope, since anything with preamplification is going to be better than something without, these kind of posts we classify in my game as trolling and spamming, and should be treated as such without hard evidence, and thats something we are not and can not see since this magical device now you tell us hasnt even been built, and what they have now requires a computer to be connected to, of course a real computer is going to have much more horsepower than a tiny board like in the fr24 boxes, the same as a PC will have copious amounts more grunt than a Rpi.

    If your friend thinks his will be top shit, why has he not developed it already? generally, in my business, when HP want me to use their brand spankin new servers over Dells, they give the PR blurb as to why its better than Dells, AND provide us with the server so we can see if the actual results match the public relations BS - and it almost always never does.

    Ohh, and the cheap dongles are nowhere near as close as the fr24 units as has been proved before, I think 30% better coverage was generally proved - natural since the preamp in the fr24 boxes.

  4. #1064
    First officer
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    T-DBBB1 (Cotonou, Benin)
    Posts
    342
    I have to feeders, but for the second one I have forgotten the email which I linked to it, or I haven't linked an email address at all to it. I don't remember actually.

    Is there a way to retrieve the email address that is linked to my feeder code? Or is it possible to link an email address to it?

  5. #1065
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    F-SMZO2, Paramaribo, Suriname
    Posts
    79
    On the Share-statistics page I noticed a new (T)feeder in the vicinity and this user was so kind to make his username public. His range is limited so I want to offer some help and maybe get MLAT up and running.
    The thing is that when I search for his username in the list of users I come up empty handed...
    Anny suggestions..

  6. #1066
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Napier New Zealand
    Posts
    49
    How did you do that??? I know the thread is old but its the only place I can see that might help.... local IP? of thr Rasberry Pi?

  7. #1067
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    F-SMZO2, Paramaribo, Suriname
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcra View Post
    How did you do that??? I know the thread is old but its the only place I can see that might help.... local IP? of thr Rasberry Pi?
    Who are you referring to?

  8. #1068
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Napier New Zealand
    Posts
    49
    Basically I have no idea. I am new to the forum and most of what I read is 2 km above my head. I was trying to find out whether I have my new station giving MLAT info. Working on the DOS style screen whilst commissioning was confusing to me and I have no idea what questions I answered properly. I want to give MLAT info but dont know how to check this out.

  9. #1069
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Napier New Zealand
    Posts
    49
    Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the "Live flight not found" pop up that comes up every time I open FR24?

  10. #1070
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    T-NZCH1, PP:PH New Zealand
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcra View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the "Live flight not found" pop up that comes up every time I open FR24?
    Got your URL?

    Sounds like its got the tag for a previously chosen flight when you saved it
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •