Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

I thought i would bite the bullet and start off a much needed thread.

Use this thread for chatting about coverage, feeding Flightradar24 or anything else related to Feeding.
    But not for reporting new feeders spotted as that is covered here:
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...Feeder-Spotted but you can chat about new feeders.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-12-13 at 11:50. Reason: More information added
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Captain
    Can we chat about getting a list made available of current feeders extracted from the database (each week please)?

That would be the names of all radars that have uploaded - It would be nice if it could be made as a KML (Google Keyhole Markup Language) file but that would be too much to ask for.

The "new feeders spotted" is a nice idea, but now that it is spread over 700+ posts over 70+ pages, not a very useful format for historic data lookup - sometimes a sorted list is better.
    Last edited by peterhr; 2013-12-13 at 12:24.

Anyone Spotted GPS errors the last few days?

Hi has it just been me or has anyone else followed planes to landing only to have them appear to land off the runway sometimes in residential areas? The US DOD stopped the practice of spoofing the GPS to keep adversaries from locking on to GPS and targeting infrastructure.

Has something happened in the world which required them to start the practice again? I watched a plane land which was lined up on a residential area instead of the end of the runway only to have the pilot fly around to visually align with the runway.

All of my GPS tracking receivers are affected similarly so it is just not the FR24 receiver at fault.
    A playback of the landing in question of flight 5J629 is here.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2015-02-19 at 20:32. Reason: Added playback link

Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
    Hi has it just been me or has anyone else followed planes to landing only to have them appear to land off the runway sometimes in residential areas? The US DOD stopped the practice of spoofing the GPS to keep adversaries from locking on to GPS and targeting infrastructure.

Has something happened in the world which required them to start the practice again? I watched a plane land which was lined up on a residential area instead of the end of the runway only to have the pilot fly around to visually align with the runway.

All of my GPS tracking receivers are affected similarly so it is just not the FR24 receiver at fault.

John
    F-RPVD1
    John,

As it's only 06:30hrs local here in SYD and 03:30hrs local in Manilla I could only check a few takeoffs from MNL/RPLL (nothing's happening at RPVD or anywhere else in the Philippines) but those appeared to be normal and right down the centre of the runway. I'll check a bit later but I'd think it's probably due to inaccurate data from certain aircraft (as has been discussed elsewhere on the forum) rather than anything else. All's fine here in SYD and MEL with both ARR/DEP aircraft.

I'll check again in a few hours time if I'm able.

Regards,
    Gregg

Just after I posted I watched CEB552 arrive on F-RPLL4 and PAL105 on F-RPLL2 and each did so right down the centreline of RWY06. Then I watched CEB548 at CEB/RPVM with the same result on RWY04 except that it ended up in the drink at the end of the runway. This seems to happen occasionally as the data is affected to some degree at airports for ground traffic, probably due to obstructions etc.
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-19 at 20:09. Reason: update
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Quote Originally Posted by fungus View Post
    John,

As it's only 06:30hrs local here in SYD and 03:30hrs local in Manilla I could only check a few takeoffs from MNL/RPLL (nothing's happening at RPVD or anywhere else in the Philippines) but those appeared to be normal and right down the centre of the runway. I'll check a bit later but I'd think it's probably due to inaccurate data from certain aircraft (as has been discussed elsewhere on the forum) rather than anything else. All's fine here in SYD and MEL with both ARR/DEP aircraft.

I'll check again in a few hours time if I'm able.

Regards,
    Gregg

Just after I posted I watched CEB552 arrive on F-RPLL4 and PAL105 on F-RPLL2 and each did so right down the centreline of RWY06. Then I watched CEB548 at CEB/RPVM with the same result on RWY04 except that it ended up in the drink at the end of the runway. This seems to happen occasionally as the data is affected to some degree at airports for ground traffic, probably due to obstructions etc.
    Did you look at the replay? What is happening now has no bearing but to look at replays that end about 0830 UTC, yesterday. The flight in question landed and I saw it at the gate when I went by. As for the obstruction theory, my other two tracking receivers showed the same landing location on the map as it was happening. The flights you looked at are basically N-S runways where as RPVD is basically an E-W runway. Wind changes here are "Fremantle Doctor" style.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete

Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
    Did you look at the replay? What is happening now has no bearing but to look at replays that end about 0830 UTC, yesterday. The flight in question landed and I saw it at the gate when I went by. As for the obstruction theory, my other two tracking receivers showed the same landing location on the map as it was happening. The flights you looked at are basically N-S runways where as RPVD is basically an E-W runway. Wind changes here are "Fremantle Doctor" style.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    John,

You didn't mention replay, although I notice you've adjusted the post . Also some of the older aircraft have very old INSS navigation systems that aren't very accurate. Playback (over here) has also been playing up for some time. If it's only one flight it may not be indicative of a huge issue (yet). When I playback that flight it lands perfectly.

... and the 'Fremantle Doctor' is only on the west coast, not here in the east although we do get our 'southerly busters'.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2015-02-19 at 23:23.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Passenger
    Big time Solar Flares for about a week affecting much communication around the world, including GPS
    trasmissions from the 24 satellites.
    Check here when you think something is not right.

http://spaceweather.com

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    I thought i would bite the bullet and start off a much needed thread.

Use this thread for chatting about coverage, feeding Flightradar24 or anything else related to Feeding.
    But not for reporting new feeders spotted as that is covered here:
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...Feeder-Spotted but you can chat about new feeders.
    good idea speedbird1960...

there has been a lot of discussions at new feeder spotted thread that I sometimes finds cluttering, especially if I want to refer back. So having this is a good. The posts can be moved to here and hopefully not deleted anymore.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    good idea speedbird1960...

there has been a lot of discussions at new feeder spotted thread that I sometimes finds cluttering, especially if I want to refer back. So having this is a good. The posts can be moved to here and hopefully not deleted anymore.
    If you move the post, how does the original poster know where it's gone unless a tag is left in the original place and that defeats the reason for moving it to some extent.

Move it, PM the user with a link the the post in it's new location.

Have you ever posted in the wrong place - then looked for the 'delete my post' button (even if no one has responded) ... it's not there!

Most who post in the wrong place don't do it deliberately - they may not have seen the notice 20 pages / 205 posts back - be nice to them, don't whack them - they might be important to you one day, but they won't if they're driven away.

Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    Have you ever posted in the wrong place - then looked for the 'delete my post' button (even if no one has responded) ... it's not there!
    Hi Peter to delete a post, select edit, you will then see the 'Delete' button its next to 'Go Advanced'.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Maybe make this thread a sticky. So it doesn't get lost in the forum area.
    Hi Brian, i was also thinking of making it a sticky but the Flightradar24 section already has a lot of stickies, the only other option would be to move the thread to http://forum.flightradar24.com/forum...out-this-forum
    But then its kind of in the wrong section on the Forum and could be hard to find for new members.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-12-13 at 18:42.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/