Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
    search the forums, its a long time known/reported bug they refuse to do anything about, so its "situation normal"
    Thanks Ressy. I'll check out the forums with some different search criteria and see what I can find!

F-CYWH1 Southern tip of Vancouver Island

Comment

• If the icon is orange then it is FAA supplied data that is deliberately delayed by 5 minutes (US paranoia) I don't know if the FR24 feeders data can override this or if they still have to use the delayed data, it is possible that the FAA have asked for live data to be blocked as happens for many aircraft, they would still show on your local VRS screen but only via the delayed feed on FR24.

Originally posted by RicksRadio View Post
      Delay Times??

Today I have noticed some very odd aircraft tracking. For example, my station (T-CYWH3) spotted ANA-116 on my Virtual Radar Server screen approximately 50 km west of Vancouver Island (approx 21:15 UTC). FR24 had the aircraft icon as orange (as opposed to yellow), positioned further west and for the radar indicated T-F5M.

My receiver (T-CYWH3) continued to track ANA-116 on VRS but ANA-116 did NOT show up as being tracked by FR24 with ADSB for more than 2 minutes. At that time it was picked up and positioned by F-CYXX1. To my knowledge the data from T-CYWH3 was never used to plot ANA-116?

A quick check of my FR24 Status indicates all is well. I have seen this with other aircraft today but this is the first one I've documented. Any suggestion why my data is not being picked up by FR24 or why there's such a long delay?
      FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Please remember,. the Yellow aircraft,. Are Realtime,. Where as the Orange planes
        Comes from FAA,. And have a five minute delay on them
        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• my station (T-CYWH3) spotted ANA-116 on my Virtual Radar Server screen approximately 50 km west of Vancouver Island (approx 21:15 UTC). FR24 had the aircraft icon as orange (as opposed to yellow), positioned further west and for the radar indicated T-F5M.
          I see this all the time on oceanic flights. A/C will appear orange (FAA w/ 5 min delay) until they come within range of a land based ADS-B receiver. Then will appear jerky until it's repositioned.

My receiver (T-CYWH3) continued to track ANA-116 on VRS but ANA-116 did NOT show up as being tracked by FR24 with ADSB for more than 2 minutes. At that time it was picked up and positioned by F-CYXX1. To my knowledge the data from T-CYWH3 was never used to plot ANA-116?

A quick check of my FR24 Status indicates all is well. I have seen this with other aircraft today but this is the first one I've documented. Any suggestion why my data is not being picked up by FR24 or why there's such a long delay?
          VRS will show all aircraft picked up by your receiver. FR24 uses a "last in first out" algorithm that focuses on data quality when there are several receivers in the same area.
          F-KDAG1

Comment

• It is my understanding that FR24 uses FAA data (orange - delayed 5 min) when no other ground based ADSB information is available from the FR24 network. In addition I anticipate a delay between my spot of an A/C and it's appearance on the map. At my location 5 to 15 seconds is typical. In this case it was close to 140 seconds AND when a "real-time" spot was plotted it was NOT my data?

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
            VRS will show all aircraft picked up by your receiver. FR24 uses a "last in first out" algorithm that focuses on data quality when there are several receivers in the same area.
            Perhaps this is the issue. For more than 2 minutes my station followed and reported the A/C but FR24 used FAA data. It looked like no other land-based ADSB receivers picked up the plane in that period. When it was picked up by a land-based receiver my data were still not used? In this instance the data from my station were of adequate quality to plot locally with VRS however maybe they didn't make the grade for the FR24 algorithm. Or possibly the FR24 server was having a bad day? However, it would be nice to know what happened.

Finally, today I'm tracking DL24 (NRT to ATL) about 250 km west of my station over the Pacific and all is well. Delays are normal and I tracked this A/C for more than 100 km before another F-xxxx station took over.

Thanks to all for the replies.
            Last edited by RicksRadio; 2015-07-25, 15:53. Reason: Additional data.

Comment

• I'm tracking DL24 (NRT to ATL)
              I think you meant DAL94-

F-KDAG1

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
                I think you meant DAL94-
                Yes -- sorry about that!

Comment

• Well today I witnessed another significant delay. At my location I "see" A/C coming to North America off the west coast. Often these A/C have NOT be spotted by any land-based ADSB station for many hours. Here's what I saw when DAL-588 from PVG to SEA approached.

14:54 I picked up DAL588 (as indicated on VRS) at approximately 250 km west of my station. A complete data set (less SQUAWK) was indicated. FR24 continued to indicate Radar as T-F5M
                  14:56 Squawk was decoded by my station
                  15:01 FR24 finally accepted my data and changed the Radar source fromT-F5M to T-CYWH3. It was then quickly changed to F-xxxx

DAL588 was traveling at 500 kts at the time. In the period shown above, the A/C traveled more than 55 nmi.

It would be interesting to know what's happening? Are T-xxxx stations given extra screening when "new" A/C appear? It appears that something may be happening in the algorithms that check the data.

Obviously this is not a big issue but it would be nice to find out some details of the data handling process.

Comment

• Since almost 3 days this "thing" is in the air http://www.flightradar24.com/FFMUNT . It is more or less on the same position. It might be a bug, because the radar is all the time "T-MLAT7". If the link doesn't work, it is south of Erfurt (ERF/EDDE) Airport.

Thanks
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Sorry if this has been asked before: What's the difference between F- T- and N- Feeders?

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by FWE View Post
                        Sorry if this has been asked before: What's the difference between F- T- and N- Feeders?

Thanks for your reply.
                        F- = For all Flightradar24 Reciever.

T- = For al other Recievers (SBS / USBSticks etc.

N- = For all Network Recievers.
                        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• I have noticed that quite a few African Major Cities now broadcast data.
                          They all have F-... So I am assuming they are flightradar24 Receivers.

Can these broadcasts also be from the airport authorities themselves?

If that would be possible I could possibly convince other major airports in the East African Regions to do the same.

Comment

• The airport authorities around the world could be setting up FR24 Boxes at their locations. We don't know till we read about it.
                            Just like how Airbus has FR24 boxes on their hangers.
                            Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2015-09-01, 17:11.
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                              The airport authorities around the world could be setting up FR24 Boxes at their locations. We don't know till we read about it.
                              Just like how Airbus has FR24 boxes on their hangers.
                              Do they? Didn't know that. I think a lot of airports around the world probably host boxes - particularly in more remote localities. I suspect that quite a few here in Australia are hosted that way judging by the ground coverage they provide but, as you say, unless someone discloses it you'll never know for sure.

Comment

• Yeah, noticed F-YSWG2 covers aircraft at the terminal (parked in Bay 1 to 6) the other day.
                                F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

Working...
                                X