Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Passenger
    That's impressive coverage. What program made the map?

My coverage is a little better to the north east, as I get hits around Sydney airport.

Passenger
    Today I received my FlightRadar24 receiver. As a result T-CYWH3 is now retired (the USB dongle will soon be playing with new software) and F-CYWH1 is operational.

Data seem to be making it from the radio to the router. I've been able to see / plot the data on-screen using Virtual Radar Server. However, I am unsure if the data are making it to the FR24 server? Nothing seems to be plotted on FR24 with my F-YCHW1 designation.

I would like to check the station status but I have encountered a problem when I log onto my Premium Account. The account is still looking for the data from the USB dongle receiver. I would like to change the account to the new receiver but can't seem to find out how to accomplish this?

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Rick
    F-CYWH1
    Last edited by RicksRadio; 2015-09-05 at 01:16. Reason: additional information

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by F-YSWG2 View Post
    That's impressive coverage. What program made the map?
    Using Virtual Radar Server on a desktop. Connects to the FR24 box using the RAW data that is decoded by VRS.
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by YSWG View Post
    Using Virtual Radar Server on a desktop. Connects to the FR24 box using the RAW data that is decoded by VRS.
    Thanks -- Yes I have the data on-screen using VRS. So I know it's making it from the FR24 receiver to the router. Unfortunately I am uncertain if it is being received by FR24. In addition, FR24 provides statistics on the Premium site for the Radar stations. Info such as daily totals of Aircraft Seen, Positions Reported and Maximum Distance.

At one point yesterday I observed some data from my new receiver were being used by FR24. However, things seem to have changed. I have sent an email to FR24 Support but it is the weekend - sigh!

Rick
    F-CYWH1

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by RicksRadio View Post
    At one point yesterday I observed some data from my new receiver were being used by FR24. However, things seem to have changed. I have sent an email to FR24 Support but it is the weekend - sigh!
    The ADS-B side of the receiver is working correctly - until the feed stops due to a bad GPS synch (I think). I am now convinced that I have a GPS problem. It may be the antenna itself but it may also be positioning. For positioning I've tried everything I can with the 5 metre cable and my northern exposure. The only solution left is a GPS extension cable. With that I can go higher and clear the roof!

Rick
    F-CYWH1

First officer
    Are you able to have the GPS antenna to have southern exposure? In Australia, I had to give mine as much northern exposure to get any reliable GPS signal.
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

First officer
    More fr24 dead areas again

7C7597 -26.69975000 153.07313000 1325 108 -64 1° 1200 2015-09-06T04:05:09.526Z 2015-09-06T04:05:08.017Z

I've tracked that chopper since departed Scarborough area, it no longer appears on FR24 for over 5 mins ... oh well, looks like YBSU2, YBSU3 YCDR1 and YBBN30 who are all in coverage of it - especially YBSU3, all suffer from same magical software fault, its of course not FR24 at fault *giggles*

First officer
    and magically after being gone for 11 mins it reappears on the ground, and just as quick, so are 3 other aircraft off the sunshine coast now there, that werent, face it Mike you DO have issues with your code.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    and magically after being gone for 11 mins it reappears on the ground, and just as quick, so are 3 other aircraft off the sunshine coast now there, that werent, face it Mike you DO have issues with your code.
    I really like how you try to get into a constructive dialog with FR24. They should really feel like communicating with you about the problems.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpin View Post
    I really like how you try to get into a constructive dialog with FR24. They should really feel like communicating with you about the problems.
    yeah... I'm not trying to enter a dialogue with them, because they have told us for some time there is nothing wrong with their systems and any exhibited problems are our own, not theirs *chuckles*