Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roaringfire View Post
    Hi,
    Jayant, Hyderabad Feeding already up into air last month and this weekend Vizag feeding will starts.
    Great coverage from Hyderabad, roaringfire. Any news on the Vizag feeder? Still don't see one online. Are you planning to host that too?
    T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

• Originally posted by mvr.maa View Post
      Hi, I am feeding T-VOMM1 and also T-VOHS1 & T-VIDP2 which are redundant now. Would like to give away the hardware. When is your vizag feed going up?
      mvr.maa - T feeders are never redundant, they work very well as backups in case the F feeder goes down. Sometimes they show up quite a lot even with the F feeders being present. If they're not occupying any resources at your end, keep them going! :-)
      T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

• Is this a good coverage?
        I'm near LIRP...

download.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by mvr.maa View Post
          ... T-VOHS1 & T-VIDP2 which are redundant now. Would like to give away the hardware.

No man! Keep them running, as Jayant said. The more the better!

Comment

• Is there a map of the feeders? How can I tell if anyone in my city is feeding FR24? I live in the States, can I tell if anyone near me has a FR24-receiver? I live in a basement apt so I can't attach an antenna to the outside, but I am curious if anyone in my county is using FR24.

Thanks

Comment

• Matt,
              This list might help, as its "hotspots" where FR24 wants to get coverage.
              http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment/
              Last edited by delcomp; 2014-11-19, 08:53.

Comment

• A map of where the feeders are located would be great....

Comment

• Originally posted by michelinok View Post
                  A map of where the feeders are located would be great....
                  FR24 has repeatedly announced that it does not have a map for public viewing. Nor will it make one available.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Instead of a map of feeders/locations, why not a "saturation" map. Green areas with good coverage.... yellowish for OK'ish coverage .... red where there is a serious need of feeders. It would not give away the feeders location, will be a good indication where coverage is good/bad and might as well bring new feeders aboard who reside in the red areas.

Lets be honest, the list of locations where feeders are needed, is quite deep within the website, where the average browsing non-ADSB person would not really find it.

Comment

• "Good coverage" is not the same for everyone.

There could be great coverage at higher altitudes but big gaps on approach and take off. And where there is great coverage at most altitudes, the data may be from feeders with their own receivers but there's poor MLAT coverage.

FR24 knows where it wants to install its own receivers and, for competitive reasons, doesn't want to publish more than it already does. And it looks like installations are continuing at a steady pace with no shortage of applications.
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                        FR24 has repeatedly announced that it does not have a map for public viewing. Nor will it make one available.
                        It seems that out there...there's a site that register/collect all the fr24 feeders on a map...
                        I don't know if i can post the url...but it's easy to find on google....

Please delete this post if you think it can hurt fr24.

Comment

• Yes we know there are several maps out there, most updated by FR24 hosts. We understand that people are curious, but at this point there is no plan to add an official FR24 map.
                          There are several reasons.
                          * Privacy - Some users don't want to show their location
                          * Unknown positions - People are sharing through different solutions with different hardware and software. We don't have position data for all feeders
                          * Maintenance - Today we don't have resources to maintain such map

We think that a map should be 100% correct. We don't see the sense of having a map showing 60-70% of feeders and some incorrect positions.

Comment

• I think you might be referring to this map, that was started by a community member:

http://imradarfeeder.com/

But there might be others as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                              I think you might be referring to this map, that was started by a community member:
                              With just 715 feeders listed, both "F" and "T", that map only covers a small percentage of FR24 feeders.

As Mike says, it needs to be a 100% or not at all.
                              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Thanks for answering my question.
                                I didn't consider the competitive reasons. When I looked earlier at where coverage is needed and saw LAX, I thought for sure there must be something being fed to here. Also I didn't know about that the change in altitude can affect what is being relayed here.

Comment

Working...
                                X