Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    249nm ... excellent - that's about as far as a dongle will go, what equipment are you using?

This antennahttp://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTENNA-FOR-...item3a9117d562 with 10M RJ57 Cox cable with Raspberry PI. Fitted in 180(250 feet sea) feet ground height in the said lat-long. 360 degree clearly open from this height.

IMG_20140622_150953.jpg IMG_20140622_150232.jpg

Captain
    The http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ "in the air plot for planes at 30000 & 40000 feet for your location / 250 feet is this

Capture.PNG

so it may be possible to suck some more planes in from all around...

See if the antenna presents an open circuit to a DC resistance meter, if it does maybe you can fix a 'satellite amplifier' to the bottom of the antenna before the downlead (see ebay item 350657754545) ... this is powered by about 15v being sent up the antenna wire using a Satellite Line Power Inserter (like ebay item 121321050146)

Actually, you should apply for a FR24 receiver - you can cover the whole country from your location - use your present stats and the heywhatsthat plot as evidence.
    Last edited by peterhr; 2014-06-25 at 17:07.

Flight attendant
    The http://www.heywhatsthat.com/ "in the air plot for planes at 30000 & 40000 feet for your location / 250 feet is this

Capture.PNG

so it may be possible to suck some more planes in from all around...

See if the antenna presents an open circuit to a DC resistance meter, if it does maybe you can fix a 'satellite amplifier' to the bottom of the antenna before the downlead (see ebay item 350657754545) ... this is powered by about 15v being sent up the antenna wire using a Satellite Line Power Inserter (like ebay item 121321050146)

Actually, you should apply for a FR24 receiver - you can cover the whole country from your location - use your present stats and the heywhatsthat plot as evidence.
    Here is my current coverage area. From the center i can get all planes around 300-400km easily. In my country my feeder feeds all the plane while within 200km two FR receiver exists(F-VECC2 in CCU & F-VEAT1 in IXA). Sometime my feeder feeds these feeder 5km km areas plane also. I have a plan to use a amplifier soon.

Coverage-1.jpg

I have applied for the receiver 3 months ago. I completed their all formalities, but somehow i didn't get attention from FR24. In our country there is a FR receiver named "F-VGZR1". But that is not in regular operation and if my feeder on, that feeder found very often, because of my coverage. I am the only feeder for planefinder also from my country.

Thanks for the comment about http://www.heywhatsthat.com. I need more help for this from you.

Thanks & regards,
    Zahidul Hasan.

Super Moderator
    I was under the impression the T- stats page was not active yet (mines still blank...)

Hows he come up with that..

Captain
    It's only available for people hosting the F-xxxx feeder box, and T- feeders using Radarcape box, and Feeder using the FR24's Linux feeder upload software.

The windows software uploader will get it at some later time. (Unknown time frame)

Just looked at my T-feeder stats page for today.

Uptime (as % of available time): 100%
    Aircraft seen: 2,142
    Positions reported: 187,390
    Maximum distance: 311nm

Stats will never be available for Win feeders with current software. New software is needed. Beta testing: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ting-(Win-RPi)

Super Moderator
    yeah, I had already gathered an update was required (and still in the works), which is why I was surprised to see the poster listing some from a T- windows based machine

All good, clearly overlooked that new beta thread. I briefly saw the R-Pi mention in the subject and more or less didn't open (clearly I should have!) However I'm down the test list running the beast and not the sticks as primary.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-06-25 at 23:00.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by zahidulhasan View Post
    Here is my current coverage area. From the center i can get all planes around 300-400km easily. In my country my feeder feeds all the plane while within 200km two FR receiver exists(F-VECC2 in CCU & F-VEAT1 in IXA). Sometime my feeder feeds these feeder 5km km areas plane also. I have a plan to use a amplifier soon.

Coverage-1.jpg

I have applied for the receiver 3 months ago. I completed their all formalities, but somehow i didn't get attention from FR24. In our country there is a FR receiver named "F-VGZR1". But that is not in regular operation and if my feeder on, that feeder found very often, because of my coverage. I am the only feeder for planefinder also from my country.

Thanks for the comment about http://www.heywhatsthat.com. I need more help for this from you.

Thanks & regards,
    Zahidul Hasan.
    I found adding the amplifier increased my range (similar rig to yours, Raspberry Pi + the small R820T dongle) by about 10% and took my daily aircraft count on the stats from about 1100 to 1400+ ... I suspect a lot of that was aircraft within the range detected were not being picked up.

My stats from yesterday - I dont have nice round range rings like you do due to hills a mile+ away to the SE and NW

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG
    Last edited by peterhr; 2014-06-26 at 06:41.

Flight attendant
    I found adding the amplifier increased my range (similar rig to yours, Raspberry Pi + the small R820T dongle) by about 10% and took my daily aircraft count on the stats from about 1100 to 1400+ ... I suspect a lot of that was aircraft within the range detected were not being picked up.

My stats from yesterday - I dont have nice round range rings like you do due to hills a mile+ away to the SE and NW

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG
    I will add the amplifier soon, In our country lots of non ADS-B aircraft runs. And total aircraft much less then UK.

Facing a problem quite regularly. Very often the feeding goes off, while power & network remains on. After again runs, its start feeding. I have changed the adapter, but not improved. As you run RBP, you may face this also. If you have solution, you can share with me.

Thanks,
    Zahidul Hasan

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by zahidulhasan View Post
    I will add the amplifier soon, In our country lots of non ADS-B aircraft runs. And total aircraft much less then UK.

Facing a problem quite regularly. Very often the feeding goes off, while power & network remains on. After again runs, its start feeding. I have changed the adapter, but not improved. As you run RBP, you may face this also. If you have solution, you can share with me.

Thanks,
    Zahidul Hasan
    I have no such issues - my feeder stays on 24/7 (unless my wife unplugs the power to connect the lawn mower). I do stop restart dump1090 and the feeder twice a day with a cron job - so it's down for about 5 seconds when I do that

I would try another power supply if you have one.

Can you connect to the pi and type 'top' when it stops feeding - check if the pi is working and if the essential dump1090 and fr24feed program are working?