• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coverage In the Philippines Is Increasing
    Ice
    F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
      The worst thing: Scrambling back down off the concrete tiled roof happy with the new mast, antenna location and cable run, sweat adorned, fingers bleeding, muscles aching, looking up and seeing a ziptie not cut back!!

.......................and it's the one at the top of the mast just under the antenna connector.
      This is where the tree pruner on an extending pole comes out....
      Last edited by peterhr; 2014-08-07, 13:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
        The worst thing: Scrambling back down off the concrete tiled roof happy with the new mast, antenna location and cable run, sweat adorned, fingers bleeding, muscles aching, looking up and seeing a ziptie not cut back!!

.......................and it's the one at the top of the mast just under the antenna connector.
        I so understand what you mean haha.

Comment

• Open Skies Agreements Are the Victims in Tit for Tat

This mornings Bloomberg article was troubling.

http://t.co/RgvpaqCLUU

As of this morning Air France, SAS and Lufthansa were still taking routes over Northern Russia.

Where will all of this go, as the heavy weights go toe to toe with the Russian leader?

The traveling public and the Russian people will both lose if Airbus and Boeing and the engine manufacturers are restricted by governments from doing business with Russian airlines. Safety will go out the window if the aircraft lose the manufacturers support. If safety is at risk, who will insure them? Certainly not LLoyds of London.

I hope this resolves to protect our loyal feeders in Russia. We all depend on commerce for our daily living that is provided by airlines being able to fly the shortest routes at the lowest cost to us the beneficiarys. Lets hope the internet is not blocked in Russia to keep our feeders uploads from reaching the servers.

We all are stake holders in this freedom.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Should we allow Russia to hinder the investigation of the shooting down of MH17 and the search of the victims remains to give families some closure, invading another country? Russia can blackmail all it wants but all it is doing is putting itself into isolation from the rest of the World.
            F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
              This mornings Bloomberg article was troubling.

http://t.co/RgvpaqCLUU

As of this morning Air France, SAS and Lufthansa were still taking routes over Northern Russia.

Where will all of this go, as the heavy weights go toe to toe with the Russian leader?

The traveling public and the Russian people will both lose if Airbus and Boeing and the engine manufacturers are restricted by governments from doing business with Russian airlines. Safety will go out the window if the aircraft lose the manufacturers support. If safety is at risk, who will insure them? Certainly not LLoyds of London.

I hope this resolves to protect our loyal feeders in Russia. We all depend on commerce for our daily living that is provided by airlines being able to fly the shortest routes at the lowest cost to us the beneficiarys. Lets hope the internet is not blocked in Russia to keep our feeders uploads from reaching the servers.

We all are stake holders in this freedom.

John

F-RPVD1
              They cant "have the cake and eat it" - can they ?

Place sanction against another nation because of difference in ideology and still want free lunch.

Then, withdraw aircraft leasing to cause the collapse of a start-up airline - next might be refusal to support spare parts for Boeing & Airbus aircrafts.

Russians are very patient - only embargo the food items and now maybe ban ALL overflights for nations participating in sanction.

I hope the Russian will turn OFF the Gas this coming Winter.

I am not taking sides - but looking at things on both sides of the coin.
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Actually there are another 2 for Brazil and 2 for Mexico + 1 for Banda Aceh (very far up on our wish list) approved
                Banda Aceh, Indonesia's FR24 receiver is activated already. Wow that's fast. Don't see it at the moment though...

F-WARR1 range is quite good too...bit like T-WARR2.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                  Banda Aceh, Indonesia's FR24 receiver is activated already. Wow that's fast. Don't see it at the moment though...

F-WARR1 range is quite good too...bit like T-WARR2.
                  I only saw it a couple of hours (few days back) and haven't seen it since. Same for the Tioman receiver.

Comment

• Howdy fellas. K-BLV1 here.

Noticed a lot of FedEx and UPS traffic flying over my area around 0000 CDT (inbound) and 0300 CDT (outbound)
                    Pretty awesome if I say so myself.

Catch a lot of the KORD/KSTL traffic too (WN and AA). Furthest so far has been 320nm.

Comment

• asdc.jpgHi all especially Malaysians. Guys I wanted to ask, is the radarcape legal in our place??? Will the custom confiscate it? I live nearby the airport (WMSA) and im planning to purchase one soon.
                      Last edited by krazxers; 2014-08-18, 14:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazxers View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4614[/ATTACH]Hi all especially Malaysians. Guys I wanted to ask, is the radarcape legal in our place??? Will the custom confiscate it? I live nearby the airport (WMSA) and im planning to purchase one soon.
                        Hello there,

To answer your question, it is unlikely that customs will confiscate it. They might 1) charge a customs fee 2) ask you to apply for a SIRIM permit which you need to pay RM30 I think. All F receivers sent to Malaysia has come online as far as I know, some did not need additional documents (minority) and most of us did have to apply for a SIRIM permit +/- import permit.

There is a thread for feeders from Malaysia to discuss things which you can find from here : http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...Malaysia-Radar

As far as I know, Subang has good coverage down to 0ft, by T-WMSA8. There is quite a number of feeders around KL, but if you are willing to purchase a radarcape and this is something of deep interest to you, of course the feed will be most welcomed. FR24 however cannot satisfy you if you wish to see your radarcode showing on FR24. Hope this helps, good luck!

Comment

• One advantage of running your own receiver (not an FR24 supplied one) is that you can choose to share your data with other trackers if you want to - something FR24 prohibit doing from the FR24 version of the RadarCape.

The more you run proprietary stuff the more locked in you get.

That says the FR24 receiver does enable MLAT.

I've just started feeding FlightAware from my Pi running their new lightweight PiAware feeder software alongside the FR24 feeder.

---

I did have a reason to post here, but I've forgotten it now - don't you hate it when that happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                            I did have a reason to post here, but I've forgotten it now - don't you hate it when that happens?
                            Is Time & Tide catching up on you paterhr? It does happen to us mortals once in awhile. Hahahahahaha,,,,,LOL
                            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-08-20, 00:03. Reason: Quotation marks fixed :)

Comment

• Originally posted by iamnothere View Post
                              Host new feeder T-ZSSS32 , Shanghai Hong-Qiao RTL 2832 Dongle, DIY quarter wave antenna .
                              filter on [ATTACH=CONFIG]4642[/ATTACH]
                              Hello to you,

Perhaps you can apply for a FR24 kit if you haven't done so as your range from where you are is very good for ZSSS.

Comment

• if you have a radarcape it too is enabled with MLAT whilst feeding to FR24, so you would be helping in that respect
                                T-EGLF8

Comment

Working...
                                X