Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Super Moderator
    The FR24 Feed SW should also display your GPS location. Its how they filter out bad data When it knocks on the server door with your ID settings you specified when signing up (GPS needed to be verified at that point) it knows where you are meant to be and ignors anything outside that

Did you verify location when you signed up? try loading the windows SW with your login details and see

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    The FR24 Feed SW should also display your GPS location. Its how they filter out bad data When it knocks on the server door with your ID settings you specified when signing up (GPS needed to be verified at that point) it knows where you are meant to be and ignors anything outside that

Did you verify location when you signed up? try loading the windows SW with your login details and see
    Checked with Windoze and the figures have been rounded to three decimal places but otherwise are correct and I'm in the correct hemisphere - 31.083S/152.848E

I looked at the command line options with --help and there is no option for Lat and Long. Should I add them with --Lat and --Long?

Thanks for the suggestions

Regards,
    Ray
    vk2tv

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by vk2tv View Post
    Checked with Windoze and the figures have been rounded to three decimal places but otherwise are correct and I'm in the correct hemisphere - 31.083S/152.848E

I looked at the command line options with --help and there is no option for Lat and Long. Should I add them with --Lat and --Long?

Thanks for the suggestions

Regards,
    Ray
    vk2tv
    Ok, I started the FR software with --latitude=-31.083 --longitude=152.848 and it started without errors but still no display of local aircraft.

Captain
    Ah Ha!

I guess you're using the Linux feeder? (the latitude longitude parameters seem to be ignored on that version)

Do you have an FR24 upload key, yet? - The instructions for the linux feeder say to contact FR24 to get them to allocate you a key,
    ... but if you have a windows PC - you can get the widows feeder software - point it at your linux machine dump1090 / RTL software whatever (make sure the linux firewall is open on the 30003) then use the windows software to do do the registration and to get a key.

Use the key granted to the feeder on the windows machine on the linux machine ... once the linux machine is running, you don't need the feeder software on windows anymore.

Have a look at the first few posts in this thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24 ... it may not match your setup, but there should be many clues.
    Last edited by peterhr; 2013-12-16 at 07:27.

Passenger
    Afternoon all

Great idea Speedbird looking forward to seeing if this can make a difference
    mick001/F-EIDW1

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    Ah Ha!

I guess you're using the Linux feeder? (the latitude longitude parameters seem to be ignored on that version)

Do you have an FR24 upload key, yet? - The instructions for the linux feeder say to contact FR24 to get them to allocate you a key,
    ... but if you have a windows PC - you can get the widows feeder software - point it at your linux machine dump1090 / RTL software whatever (make sure the linux firewall is open on the 30003) then use the windows software to do do the registration and to get a key.

Use the key granted to the feeder on the windows machine on the linux machine ... once the linux machine is running, you don't need the feeder software on windows anymore.

Have a look at the first few posts in this thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24 ... it may not match your setup, but there should be many clues.
    Thanks peterhr.

Yep, using the Linux feeder, dynamically linked version, on a RPi. I "guessed" that lat and long were not required because running --help didn't show them as options and yes, I have a sharing key. My status is shown as active and the FR site reports my last data time. I've just restarted the software because it bombed out overnight. The time difference reported at start=up was 2mS so time difference isn't an issue. I time sync to the au ntp pool but run in UTC.

I've used the Windoze version to confirm my Lat and Long are correct.

I checked out your data and although my rc.adsb script is different it achieves the same thing. One difference is that I start both dump1090 and the FR software in screen sessions to facilitate inspecting the running processes in terminals. I don't know if it's significant, and it's certainly something I'll try, but your script runs the statically linked version of FR24 whilst I run the dynamically linked version. I'll check that out today.

Mike replied to my email enquiry with these suggestions - "It's possible that your local data is being rejected by the server for some reason. For example they are short message bursts. Or your time stamps are invalid." I think I can rule out the time stamps being invalid (with a 2mS difference) but I'm not sure about "short message bursts". If Mike means the data from the aircraft, it is the same (transmitted) data as being received by feeders whose data is displayed. An aircraft travelling over here from, say, Sydney will appear on FR untill it falls below the Sydney feeder's radio horizon. I can track that aircraft for at least 200km of its journey from Sydney but my data, once I'm the only feeder, is not displayed. I can only presume I'm sending the same data as the Sydney feeder. I can inspect my own outgoing udp packets with tcpdump but I have no way of comparing that data with data from another feeder. iptraf reports udp packets of different lengths, presumeably in sync with the number of aircraft in each packet.

The search continues <grin>

Regards
    Ray
    VK2TV

Super Moderator
    You have run something like planeplotter or virtualradar/adsbscope with network options to trap the outgoing data and make sure its in the correct format I take it? If you can't see it there the uploader certainly won't I don't just mean view the data in a list, but an actual plot made from decoding the AVR output.

Captain
    I'd try using the windoz feeder (running off dump1090 on the pi), see if that shows on fr24 page ... if it does, then the linux feeder iscthe problem.
    Did you try running dump1090 with the --net switch then look at the pi port 8080 from a web browser.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    You have run something like planeplotter or virtualradar/adsbscope with network options to trap the outgoing data and make sure its in the correct format I take it? If you can't see it there the uploader certainly won't I don't just mean view the data in a list, but an actual plot made from decoding the AVR output.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I run Linux exclusively and access to a Windoze computer on which I can install programs is difficult to impossible. Doesn't matter now, see next reply below.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    I'd try using the windoz feeder (running off dump1090 on the pi), see if that shows on fr24 page ... if it does, then the linux feeder iscthe problem.
    Did you try running dump1090 with the --net switch then look at the pi port 8080 from a web browser.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    Since yesterday a new site R2765 has appeared and it does what I was trying to do so anymore effort by me is redundant.

Thanks to all for help and suggestions.

Regards,
    Ray
    VK2TV
    Last edited by vk2tv; 2013-12-17 at 01:27. Reason: Typo