Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    My FR24 receiver has stopped sending data to flightradar24.com.
    I have replied to your email. Everything looks OK from our end.

Captain
    F-WRRW1, missing your tremendous coverage a lot for a/c routes from Australia to Singapore/Thailand. Hopefully it is a faulty hardware that has stopped you from feeding and fingers crossed you come back online soon... for the mean time F-WRKK1 to fill in the gap.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefGlider View Post
    The Range is amazing considering Koreas Mountainous terrain. Any chance that we can get an approximate location/elevation of the antenna?
    Opps.. accidentally replied wrongly to New Feeders Spotted my post. My bad.

Yes T-RKSO2 has a very good range. Just hope it will be online 24/7 as much as possible. FR24 do not reveal location of feeders FYI.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    I didn't think we were a target anymore with 4 24/7 receivers in a close location already.. however

F-NZCH2 now appearing primray, Christchurch, New Zealand
    Oblivian, perhaps... to see whether MLAT would work?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Oblivian, perhaps... to see whether MLAT would work?
    It had crossed my mind, However not sure it'd help (though I have asked in the past if it would help for me to change this for a MLAT capable) as we are on a small densely populated part of the island (less than 35mins to drive across the city to either edge) with a row of mountains down the middle of the island. And due to that, all the current receivers are aligned in pretty much a row with very little triangulation spacing. I'm a SMU (sector master user) on planeplotter due to uptime/cover and even that's unable to auto-MLAT from the 5 ground stations within range.

First officer
    Must... Keep... Online...

Super Moderator
    Classic man

I think you might need one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...ery/B0039HHK22
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

T-RPWD1 has Returned

T-RPWD1, Davao, Philippines is back online feeding after being off since the holidays. While F-RPMB1 in General Santos has been taking the high altitude tracking over Davao we missed the landings at Davao which T-RPWD1 provided us.

It was announced F-Boxes had been shipped to Davao and Zamboanga City on Mindanao Island but no update has been seen as to their delivery and activation.

F-RPVT1 on the island of Bohol has been offline for about 2 weeks due to thieves stealing large sections of the telco lines. This is the second time this has happened there recently but is not a rare occasion here in the Philippines.

FR24 is to be commended for building redundancy into the feeder system with 3 F & T boxes within a 100 mile area minimizing the effect of calamities and brownouts, the norm in this part of the world.

T-RPVD2 the lone T-feeder here is still providing unique feeds from time to time for the FR24 map. T-RPVD2 has unique location and range filling in the gaps of the F-feeders. It will be a shame to lose it as things evolve.

John

F-RPVD1

http://www.flightradar24.com/11.05,123.11/6

IMs Possible between Forum members---Skype Example

While a chat room is provided, most of the time a person you would like to chat/IM is not there and it can get pretty noisy between personalities.

Another way to be able to IM enabled members directly is through editing your profile and filling in your Instant Messaging handles or numbers for the various messengers you have.

My Skype handle is ahomeboy2000.

When I post, a small symbol appears below my Avatar showing the instant messenger I have enabled in my forum profile and if I am online with that one. Clicking on that small symbol gives you several options. If the symbol is grayed out it means the messenger program is not running on the members computer or that the privacy settings of that program are blocking websites like FR24 from showing him online.

On Skype if you want people to message you and see if you are online, you enable that in the Skype privacy settings. After you enable that, refresh the FR24 Forum page and you will see that your instant message symbol is not grayed out anymore.

Other forum members who have the same messenger program can chat or email or talk to you.

John

F-RPVD1
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-02-23 at 18:20.