Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear all,

I've activated T-LPMA4 in Madeira Island, I'm feeding from the short final to runway 05 at LPMA.

Dash-8, ATR72 and D228 aircraft are common around here.
    I can't see them on FR24, yet I can see them on my RTL1090 software, so they are broadcasting ADSB signals.

I also realised that in MALE airport (MLE/VRMM), Maldives, there's a lot of these aircraft visible on Flightradar24.

My question is, how do I make it visible online?
    What do I need to do?
    Do I need to provide you the MODE-S codes of these aircraft?

For instance, one MODE-S code I'm talking about:
    4950E7 CS-TGG DORNIER Do228-208K AEROVIP

Yet, all Sata Air Acores Dash-8 fleet is already listed on Flightradar24 database:
    The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Thank you so much for your time guys!
    Last edited by T-LPMA4; 2014-03-08, 11:26.

Comment

• I installed a receiver at VEVZ and i dont have good antenna with filter i made my own one it is only covering around 20nmi and there is lot of disturbance in SISEX.. i request you to send an antenna (ONLY ANTENNA) with filter in it.. if it is possible there is lot of international traffic follows this route (VVZ waypoint VOR).. and also second busiest airport in andhrapradesh.. so help would be greatly appreciated
      Note - BTW recently our state is divided so vizag is the second most advanced district in andhrapradesh so this may become capital as well so there will be increase in traffic. so please do consider
      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-08, 17:38. Reason: Post moved to correct thread.
      RTL SDR : T-VEVZ1

Comment

• Make yourself good anntena. Here you have how http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post42042
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• according to it i have a good antenna but i need an amplifier and filter please suggest me one. and main thing is i cannot find any amplifiers in india on ebay.

Comment

• Mode-S Beast shop http://www.jmz-shop.de/mode-s-beast/...g=1?&id_lang=4 sells the antenna with 3,5,10 or 15m of H155 with only a small price increment for each step - it would be useful to specify what length would be required on the equipment request - some might say none, others might need 10m (the extra downlead being the cost of a higher antenna)

Comment

• Thanks but i cannot afford it. i'm just eager to get good coverage that is why i even bought the cheap DVB-T stck instead of beast anyways thanks for the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by charan View Post
                according to it i have a good antenna but i need an amplifier and filter please suggest me one. and main thing is i cannot find any amplifiers in india on ebay.
                my friend you must have better coverage if you made the anntena correctly
                it must be made exactly as described
                i have COAXIAL COLLINEAR: 3-AND-1/2 ELEMENTS (EACH ELEMENT 1/2 WAVELENGTH) WITH SHORTED TOP without amplifier or any filter! and coverage is great

Comment

according to it i have a good antenna but i need an amplifier and filter please suggest me one. and main thing is i cannot find any amplifiers in india on ebay.
                  You probably don't need the amplifier - I was using one but it didn't make much difference and am not using one now.

The details of the home made co-axial colinnear antenna can be found here http://www.balarad.net/

There's a video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkUYdCPFXXs

There is a discussion about what to do at the top of the antenna - whip, 1/4 wave short circuit, etc.

The main thing to do is to get a known quality cable with lowish loss http://www.febo.com/reference/cable_data.html,
                  then look up the velocity factor for that cable since it affects the element lengths used to make the coco (they may not be 11cm) http://www.nr6ca.org/vf.html

coco = Coaxial Collinear

assemble the antenna - attach it to a bamboo cane temporarily to see how well it works - when you are satisfied mount it into a sealed PVC pipe.

Comment

• Some says you have to short on end and some says dont. so i did not and i got the worst coverage with collinear antenna so what i did is just added discone antenna (http://x264.nl/dump/ads-b-antenna-gr...ane-proper.jpg) over it and connected to collinear and the coverage was good sometimes but not in other times and there is disturbance in rtl1090. and i donno what to do and here is my antenna setup .DSCN1108.jpg.

Comment

• told, you. I made nr.3 from the link i gave you WITH shorted.

Comment

• and i have RG6 satellite Coaxial cable the he used in the video so i measured the same length and you can see my antenna above.. and this is my coverage and that circle is 70nmicoverage.jpg

Comment

• Thanks Amper sir and thanks peterhr sir will try it tomorrow
                          Last edited by charan; 2014-03-08, 19:03.

Comment

VBFZ-1065+ Coaxial Bandpass Filter 980 to 1150 MHz (SMA Connectors)

Low Noise Amplifier ZRL-2400LN+ (1000 to 2400 MHz) (SMA Connectors)

Post#100 - "added a Mini-circuits ZRL-2400LN+ LNA (1000-2000 MHz) between the DPD productions antenna and the AirNav Radarbox."
                            Folks, I've been the proud owner of an AirNav Radar Box, which allows you to monitor and track ADS and ADS-B broadcasts from aircraft. The United States is unfortunately behind the times in getting their aircraft that fly in the Continental US up to speed with ADS-B equipment,however most...

Starting on page 6 and keep reading about Mode-S users trying that VBFZ-1065+ filter.
                            Folks, I've been the proud owner of an AirNav Radar Box, which allows you to monitor and track ADS and ADS-B broadcasts from aircraft. The United States is unfortunately behind the times in getting their aircraft that fly in the Continental US up to speed with ADS-B equipment,however most...
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• you think there is not enough information about anntena on this forum Brian?

P.S. He wants zero $ cost anntena

Comment

and i have RG6 satellite Coaxial cable the he used in the video so i measured the same length and you can see my antenna above.. and this is my coverage and that circle is 70nmi[ATTACH=CONFIG]3477[/ATTACH]
                                I was using an 11 element coco (actually made from some low loss TV-antenna feed coax of unknown quality found in the shed) that just ended at element 11 and I was getting about 300km in the best direction, I've since replaced it with a commercial 4? element collinear that is higher and according to FR24 stats am getting 232nm (apx 420km)

If you atr just getting 70Km, then you have made an error in the construction - maybe something is shorted.
                                Last edited by peterhr; 2014-03-08, 23:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X