No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the "Live flight not found" pop up that comes up every time I open FR24?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcra View Post
      Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the "Live flight not found" pop up that comes up every time I open FR24?
      Got your URL?

Sounds like its got the tag for a previously chosen flight when you saved it
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi All, been a while since I visited this forum and have a couple of questions. I Have been Feeding from TYBSU3 for nearly 3 years now using RPI and dongle. I have been working away for nearly two years, and was surprised to come home and find everything still feeding nicely. Changed internet provider recently so was offline for a few weeks until I got motivated to deal with new network settings on my PI. Also am yet to get an outta control weedy vine untangled from my antenna (lol) which I imagine will increase my range again.

Ok so got all that sorted and started checking coverage etc. Discovered a new feeder nearby, namely TYBSU11.

My first question is............ If I am TYBSU3 and the feeder I came across is TYBSU11, does that mean there are feeders TYBSU4 thru to TYBSU10 in between????

And my second question is about the main F feeder Nearby. Initially I applied for FR24 gear but was knocked back due to F feeder already "SUPPOSEDLY" in place. Here I am feeding for nearly 3 years and it seems that although FR24 gave a setup to the airport I live next door to(FYBSU1) it isn't actually feeding at all !!!
        I got this information from the map of F feeders. Every aircraft I track is picked up by myself or other T Feeders, no information ever seems to be captured by FYBSU1.

So my Question is.......... how often does a F feeder need to be "LIVE" for them to hold their status of an F Feeder???
        I would love to have FR24 gear running at my place but obviously have no hope of being supplied one if there is already one nearby. But that seems a waste if the F Feeder isn't feeding, and everyone around is supplying the data instead.
        Am thinking I will email Fr24, and ask if they are aware their gear is dormant and that I would be happy to take on the role of F Feeder at my airport.
        Any input would be greatly appreciated,
        Thanks in advance

Comment

• Seems like you have a very good question here. If the "F" radar is not submitting info they should send the gear back. Near me there are two "F" radars and I guess they are in similar locations. Contact FR24 and tell them of your thoughts. Reckon you have a good case.

Comment

• G'day Stephen,... My suggestion would be,. Contact support,. which we now have on flightradar24.
            (Seeing youve been away for 3 years,. Alot of things have changed,.. As you may have noticed from the map)

The Ad. is " support@flightradar24.com "

There ,.. you will recieve a number where it will be sorted into and pass forward onto the correct person to
            deall with your questions.

Dont expect an immediate reply,.. As they recieve thousands of Emails weekly,...

And Welocme back onboard..
            Last edited by delcomp; 2016-11-27, 08:26.
            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Stephen, I don't operate it but there'a a bit of history attached to F-YBSU1. It has never been located at the Sunny Coast and in fact is located at Warra on the Darling Downs! FR24 wrongly assigned the airport code right from the beginning and a guy called Jim who used to post here was the operator and tried to get it changed but no go. F-YBSU1 is a very valuable feeder out this way particularly for MLAT but sadly it has been down since mid-October. There are a few other examples like this; one is F-YBBN4 - not at Brisbane but on the western side of Toowoomba. It should rightly have the code YWTB for Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport because it is the closest feeder to that airport (confusing name I know because YWTB is Toowoomba's second airport but it's the one where you will end up if you buy a plane ticket to Toowoomba).

As far as I know there are no other F feeders at the Sunshine Coast so why not try again to get one? Even if the one at Warra comes back it only ever got marginal coverage up your way. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                Stephen, I don't operate it but there'a a bit of history attached to F-YBSU1. It has never been located at the Sunny Coast
                Whatever happened to YBSU2... that guy had an amazing coverage

Comment

• Thanks for the info airnrail, I vaguely do remember reading something in the forums way back when I first started now that you have jogged my memory, lol. Being outta the loop for a bit takes its tole. Thanks for the positiveness, it seems a few things have changed since I first started out. Reason I came onboard under my own steam was to fill a gap in radar in my neck of the woods, as the one suggested by air services Australia only covered to the bottom tip of bribie island. Obviously better equipment produces better results, and seeing as the airport is my back fence I kinda thought it would be perfect for me to host.
                  Thanks again all

Comment

• Originally posted by nabjax View Post
                    Hello, all. F-PATJ1 online for about four months now, so I guess it's working all right. After using FR24 for a number of years to identify who is flying over my house, it was time to contribute as well. Being surrounded by mountains, range isn't all that I had hoped for, but better than I expected.

Apparently membership data shows this location as "Tok, Alaska". Actually, it is Slana, Alaska, about 65 mi/100 km to the southwest of Tok, in the Copper River valley. Elevation is only around 2200 feet, not helping range. After the snow is gone next spring, the antenna will be raised another 10 feet to see if that helps see over the nearby ridges.

Back to lurking now.

I was wondering who F-PATJ1 was and the location as I see lots of airplanes using it in this area, I recently installed a feeder in Tok at Fortymile Air which has the designation F- PATJ2.

Comment

• Originally posted by randyrallo@yahoo.com View Post
                      I was wondering who F-PATJ1 was and the location as I see lots of airplanes using it in this area, I recently installed a feeder in Tok at Fortymile Air which has the designation F- PATJ2.
                      And I just recently started seeing F-PATJ2 spotting overflying planes and wondered who that might be. F-PATJ1 is over the mountains south of you on the Nabesna Rd. Next time I come up to Tok I'll have to stop in at Fortymile to see if we can meet up and share info over a cup of coffee at Fast Eddy's.

Sometime around your start-up another station came on in our area - F-PABI1. Guessing that station moniker indicates someone at the border, perhaps working in immigration? Whatever, they have great reception and range. I've seen them capture planes west of me even though my station is many miles closer.

Jack

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the forum - though I'm already using the web site and apps of FR24 for a while now - or, to say it in other words: this is my first post here. Since I'm not an experienced member of this forum I hope that I do not behave incorrect in posting a question in this chat. I have used the search bar and studied the FAQs and feeder manuals but, unfortunately, I did not yet succeed in finding a valuable answer to my question.

For some time I'm dealing with the question if I should/could support FR24 by building my own ADS-B receiver and bringing it online. Since in my local area the internet speed is quite limited (German authorities and ISPs are slowly realizing that fast internet connections could be advantageous far in the future), I was asking myself if there is a minimum bandwidth you would recommend for feeding data to FR24. Does someone here already have experience with limited upload speeds?

Best regards.
                        T-EDDG63

Comment

• Hi Cagou,

I also live in Germany,. Not far from Dortmund and Dusseldorf Airports,. And have been uploading to FR24
                          For quite a time now,..(Even tho they gave me the wrong Id. ) Im F-EDLE1,... EDLM would have been more correct,. But the computer dosnt know the IACO.

My Server, Has a Download of upto 100Mbs,. And my Upload is upto 5Mbs. From, Unitymedia.If that a good tip for you..!

Uploading,.. only takes a few Mb a day So that wouldnt interferr with your bandwidth..

delcomp.

PS. I started with an upload speed of 1Mbs
                          This is a speed test I just tried out,...: Download = 95.475Kbs Upload = 4.796Kbs
                          Last edited by delcomp; 2017-02-16, 13:24.
                          (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                          1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Hi delcomp,

Thank you a lot for your helpful reply. Unfortunately, we're living in a quite remote area so that there is just no fast internet access foreseeable in the near future (no glass fibre cable planned, etc.). Any serious ISP we contact replies that currently there is not more than 4.5 Mbit/s down- and 0.5 Mbit/s upstream to expect.

Nevertheless, as you say feeding data to FR24 does not exceed "a few Mb a day", our internet speed limitation might be annoying in a personal side of view, however it is not an exclusion criteria for building up an own ADS-B feed for FR24.

Thank you and best regards!
                            T-EDDG63

Comment

• Strange things happening here... It seems that my response just vanished, although, in the index of this forum it's still me having posted the last reply in this thread? Is this some kind of vBulletin bug I also met in other forums, or has my post been deleted due to another reason?

Anyway, in short words, I would like to thank you for your quick and helpful answer, delcomp. This will help me out!

Best regards.

/EDIT: Ok, now it's back up there. Seems to be a bug in the forum software. Sorry for this needless reply. :-/

Your Welcome Del
                              Last edited by delcomp; 2017-02-21, 16:26.
                              T-EDDG63

Comment

Working...
                              X