Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I "offline" ???

Hi,
    Im using a TV dongle with rtl1090 and the feed software on windows 7... all has been well until tonight I noticed that I was "Offline" on the accounts page, and yet the radar view shows my local traffic !!!

Im confused !!!! any ideas guys please ?

Image2.jpg

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
    Hi,
    Im using a TV dongle with rtl1090 and the feed software on windows 7... all has been well until tonight I noticed that I was "Offline" on the accounts page, and yet the radar view shows my local traffic !!!

Im confused !!!! any ideas guys please ?
    Rooster,
    Shoot an email off to support (I'm currently searching for their email address) and they'll take a look at it. It occurs from time to time (fortunately not frequently) but they can set things right for you. Any time I've had that issue they've promptly sorted it out (bear in mind though that they may be on the other side of the world and will get to it asap).

It may also take a little time for the software at the server to register your 'upload' (on the premium service) so just give it some time to see if it 'ticks over' otherwise, support will fix it in a jiffy. The experts there will set you straight.

Regards,
    Gregg

P.S. I'll add the email address to this post when I can locate it. Here it is; Support@FR24.com
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-13, 01:51.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Is your feeder software running?

Comment

Doesn't the red tracks on radar view show that it is?

Sent using Tapatalk from my ZX81

Comment

Let me rephrase the question.

What does it say in the feeder console window against Network? Are the RadarView contacts moving?

Your feeder account here shows the same upload date and time as your Premium account.

Comment

I thought that as long as I can see the red local traffic, then the feed is working ????
            Last night, when I discovered the "feed offline" I refreshed the radar view, and I STILL had red targets... but feed showed "offline", and that was 4 hours or so after I went "offline".

Ive been faffing about trying to force the 2 apps to run on startup with windows, and it appears that if rtl1090 is displaying the "wrong" list, then the feed software doesnt collect the data ?
            I am online at the mo (according to fr24 account) ... but sods law says as soon as I walk away from the PC it'll all go wrong ! lol

Comment

...so I leave it alone for 30 mins, and here we go again !

Your feeds
              Radar: T-EGNX26 Status: Offline Last upload (~5min): 2013-12-13 20:45:49

Radar view shows red targets, but they are not moving...

Looks like the culprit is the rtl1090 software... the plot thickens !

Comment

...so I leave it alone for 30 mins, and here we go again !

Your feeds
                Radar: T-EGNX26 Status: Offline Last upload (~5min): 2013-12-13 20:45:49

Radar view shows red targets, but they are not moving...

Looks like the culprit is the rtl1090 software... the plot thickens !

Use ADSB# http://sdrsharp.com/downloads/adsb-install.zip + http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/ (VRS) and create a basestation rebroadcast server in VRS.
                The FR24feed app must connect to the rebroadcast server on port 30003.

ADS-B# should give you better range and much less hussle... I have asked the coder to code: a) remember settings and b) basestation format, but he is too busy with other stuff for now.

Comment

Looks like Ive cracked it... Ive removed the shortcut I made that forced the 2 apps to autorun on windows startup - and manually started them ! No idea why this cured it, but hey ho...

BTW
                  On my account it says:
                  Account status: Active until December 19, 2013

Why does this date mean ?

Comment

Accounts are 7 days active only.
                    If you feed continuosly it renews itself for next 7 days. If you stop feeding it's inactive after that date.

Looks like Ive cracked it... Ive removed the shortcut I made that forced the 2 apps to autorun on windows startup - and manually started them ! No idea why this cured it, but hey ho...
                    In startup folder you didn't edit rtl1090 shortcut properties and forgot to add /30003 in target.
                    Last edited by Amper; 2013-12-14, 02:48.
                    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Working...
                    X