Flight Radar EXS53F Friday 06/12/2013 strange routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Radar EXS53F Friday 06/12/2013 strange routing

Hi, just joined the site, been watching for a few months and admit I've joined to ask about this flight. I picked the flight up doing circuits over Norwich Airport, I live near Ipswich so in my area of interest, it was given as EXS53F as identification on the screen.
    Having watched it's strange route after 3/4 circuits of Norwich I backtracked and found the following sequence.
    Given on site as: EXS53F a Boeing 737-800 (serial number 24793 Reg. G-LSAJ of Jet2 fleet)
    Departed Leeds/Bradford approx 11.50 -12.10 aircraft climbed and headed towards East Anglia and out over North Sea. It then turned South and approached Norwich Airport. It then procedded on 3 or 4 large circuits of Norwich before turning South following the coast towards Ipswich, where it seemed to turn West and join the Stansted inbound route. It passed to the North on Stansted and headed South West as if going to Luton. On approach to the Luton Area it began a descent, but appeared to be South of Luton Airport. It eventually disappeared, giving a hieight of 0 Feet just before it would have crossed the M1 ? The distance rom Luton was approx 10 miles.
    If anyone is interested in looking at this flight I would be very grateful for an explanation - if one is available. As a "newy" I'm not sure what can be expected in the way of variations between reality and the s reen, but this looked well out.
    regards
    IanL

Hi Ian
    It must have landed at LTN seeing as it was 10 miles south of the airfield - FlightRadar24 tracking can often be un-accurate, look out for the ATP' from/to BOH, usually pop up at 0ft over Basingstoke! So yeah, it landed at Luton, hope I helped!

Comment

Accuracy can also increase if you change settings to only update every 4-8 seconds. Sometimes 'realtime' in patchy areas can cause backtracks and incorrect locations as it continues the path artifically at the previous noted speed/direction until next update is received.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Accuracy can also increase if you change settings to only update every 4-8 seconds. Sometimes 'realtime' in patchy areas can cause backtracks and incorrect locations as it continues the path artifically at the previous noted speed/direction until next update is received.
        Thanks for the two explanations I received, must resist the temptation to think I'm watching a News Breaking incident!. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by IanL View Post
          Thanks for the two explanations I received, must resist the temptation to think I'm watching a News Breaking incident!. Cheers
          Ian,
          We can all get caught mate. Today I watched a Singapore cargo 'return' to SYD here in Australia. Problem was, on closer inspection, it was climbing back over the SYD VOR and off on a normal flight to AKL. Very embarrassing when you post it on the chat and then have to backtrack. Local knowledge and a little haste can help.

Regards,
          Gregg
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
          X