Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polar Plots..

Flight attendant
    Wait 5 minutes and you will have a Chinook roarin' through Jerry. This is dumb on my part, but I really dont understand the Polar Plots (PP)--they look nice but can't say I really have them figured out yet! I am about 1000 ft ASL, guess that would be about 300M or so. I may post mine and you
    can give me some info on it. Cheers/Bill 4FT

Here's mine: What can you tell me about it--Thanks.
    ishot-3619.jpg
    Last edited by p38p51; 2013-12-29 at 15:27.

Very good propagation today in 30cm ... 329nm!

73 de adi - yo2bt

untitled.JPG
    Last edited by yo2bt; 2013-12-29 at 23:52.
    All the best from Adi - YO2BT - F-LRAR1

Flight attendant
    Happy New Year Bill ! Not completely sure re; Polar Plots..whether just 'one ping' from an Aircraft is recorded at say 204nm..or ? At 45deg(NE) on yours, as well as 90deg(E) you are showing 'just about the 200nm Range'. I seem to show more AC at 200+ to the W and NW..but I never see them as being tracked by F-CYQL1..so I am thinking as long as my Rx picks them up somewhere along their flight path in that AZ..it is Recorded in the stat's..but I could be wrong ! Yes, we did have a 'Chinook blow thru'..melted all the snow just in time for the next blizzard to blow thru ! Today is -10c..Thursday supposed to be +7c..and Friday -7c..'short lived Chinook'..but you don't have to 'shovel wind' as we say in these parts ! All the Best of the New Year to 'You and Yours'..
    Jerry
    F-CYQL1
    Quote Originally Posted by p38p51 View Post
    Wait 5 minutes and you will have a Chinook roarin' through Jerry. This is dumb on my part, but I really dont understand the Polar Plots (PP)--they look nice but can't say I really have them figured out yet! I am about 1000 ft ASL, guess that would be about 300M or so. I may post mine and you
    can give me some info on it. Cheers/Bill 4FT

Here's mine: What can you tell me about it--Thanks.
    ishot-3619.jpg

Flight attendant
    What does the heavy blue line indicate?

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcra View Post
    What does the heavy blue line indicate?
    That is the 'Maximum Distance' Logged by the Polar Plot !
    VE6CPP

Flight attendant
    Thank you. How do I ascertain the distance my new rig is reaching from that plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcra View Post
    Thank you. How do I ascertain the distance my new rig is reaching from that plot?
    Move your mouse over the blue line and a hover box will show the max range achieved on each "spoke".
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Flight attendant
    Excellent thank you

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by VE6CPP View Post
    That is the 'Maximum Distance' Logged by the Polar Plot !
    VE6CPP
    Hi - Can anyone help explain how I would have 'Positions Reported' blocks coloured red out to a range >200nm but the blue range ring is no higher than say 75nm in any given direction. This happens every day. It would seem to make sense to me that all the red blocks should be inside the blue range ring?
    I would post an image but I can't yet cos I am new, so hopefully my explanation is OK!
    Thanks in advance for any help

Max

Flight attendant
    Hi, the red shaded blocks are the volume of 'HITS' the Antenna has received, the thick blue line with Compass Points are the furthest distance any of those signals have been received.

If you hold the cursor over a shaded red block, it will show the number of hits - the darker the shade, the more hits.
    If you hold your cursor over the Compass Point on the Blue Line, it will show the furthest distance received in that direction.

The depth of the red shading is NOT an exact indication of distance.

If you play with the range settings (>200nm / 200nm / 100nm/ 50nm ) by selecting or deselecting distances, it will give you a better perspective.
    If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!