Polar Plots..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polar Plots..

F-CYQL1 Stats.. On the Stats Page, it shows the 'Polar Plot' of signals received.. is 0deg 'True North' or ?
    I was sure I was Rx'ing signals to the South and SW better than the West, due to some 'Huge Granite Hills' put up that azimuth many years ago !
    F-CYQL1
    polarplot.jpg

This mornin I awoke to a few suprises..-32c with Wind Chill of -42c ! http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-30_metric_e.html
    Also..data from 311nm !
    Uptime (as % of available time): 100%
    Aircraft seen: 219
    Positions reported: 34,473
    Total data upload: n/a
    Maximum distance: 311nm
    data0412.jpg
    F-CYQL1

Comment

My morning and bit more Max of 319 nm at F-LDSP1
      Last edited by 9aplus; 2013-12-05, 18:01.

Comment

F-LECO1

f-leco1.jpg
        Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

Originally posted by VE6CPP View Post
          This mornin I awoke to a few suprises..-32c with Wind Chill of -42c ! http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-30_metric_e.html
          Also..data from 311nm !
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3020[/ATTACH]
          F-CYQL1
          I woke up with even more surprises - Lightning & Thunder non stop.

FR24 Receiver still going strong despite the terrible lightnings that tripped the incoming AC Power Supply.

It showed the importance of a properly installed antenna system.
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

2 points range over 320 nm
            3 points range over 240 nm
            not bad day on F-LDSP1

Comment

hello FR24 team,

Any chance to know when will these stats be available to T feeders??

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                hello FR24 team,

Any chance to know when will these stats be available to T feeders??
                NBR,
                I'm not part of the team but the last notification I saw was 'soon.' So I'd reckon it'll be 'soon.'

Regards,
                Gregg
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

VE6CPP, can you explain what these Polar Plots are? Thanks. (Bill feeder in Brandon MB)

Comment

Originally posted by p38p51 View Post
                    VE6CPP, can you explain what these Polar Plots are? Thanks. (Bill feeder in Brandon MB)
                    The plots are taken from the feeder stats that are available for Flightradar24 receivers in their Premium account.

Your Feeds -> More Info

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                      The plots are taken from the feeder stats that are available for Flightradar24 receivers in their Premium account.

Your Feeds -> More Info
                      Thanks FR24, will check that out. Cheers.

Comment

I cannot seem to find where to look for the polar plots, could you kindly give a bit more detail on exactly where to find it. thanks very much----Whoops please disregard, I did a bit more looking and found it! We call it Murphy's Law here. Cheers/Bill
                        Last edited by p38p51; 2013-12-19, 22:55.

Comment

Hi,
                          I feed F-VOCL1, and the maximum distance I can get is about 220nm. I have put up the antenna on a GI mast 6 m high, on a two storied building, but hardly 30 ft above msl. I live on the coast. What is your antenna height and QTH setup?

73's
                          de
                          VU2PMC

Originally posted by VE6CPP View Post
                          Also..data from 311nm !
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3020[/ATTACH]
                          F-CYQL1

Comment

Mine is about 25 ft high on a tower previously used for a beam antenna. I may consider trying to get it higher in the summer but there are logistical problems on that also as I believe the co-ax can only be a certain length? 73's/Bill VE4FT

Comment

Thanks Bill,
                              Yes, the co-ax length is an issue. Can any of the moderators advice the average coverage / maximum distance of Feeders. If mine is way below average, I will try to increase/ change the location by few feet, if that helps.

Originally posted by p38p51 View Post
                              Mine is about 25 ft high on a tower previously used for a beam antenna. I may consider trying to get it higher in the summer but there are logistical problems on that also as I believe the co-ax can only be a certain length? 73's/Bill VE4FT

Comment

Working...
                              X