X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTM1072 tonight

Hi all
    I have a question about this flight tonight(app 2000GMT)
    It appeared,plotting,on my SBS,which I feed to FR24...but it didn`t show on the FR24 map

I talked to some guys on the chat,and they seemed to think it had been blocked.
    Why would that be?

Just out of curiosity,I checked the Air Nav Live site,and it WAS plotting on their map.

Any ideas?

Allen

it says it's the French Air Force when I looked it up. It's good policy to NOT piss off anyone's Military
    www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Yes I know who CTM is,that wasn`t my point.
      My point was,why did it show on my SBS and Air Nav Live,but NOT on FR24.

I have seen certain flights on FR24 displayed as "BLOCKED" ,or,with biz jets,just displaying the aircraft type.
      That`s fine,I understand the reasoning behind that...BUT

2 days before,there was another French AF plane on FR24 that WASN`T blocked.

Why block one,but not the other?

Comment

Information on FR24 web page
        The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Blocking
        For security and privacy reasons information about some aircraft is limited or blocked.

Thread here on forum
        All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Comment

Still not really an answer...
          If the CTM flight(an A340,by the way...NOT a fighter) had said "BLOCKED" where the call sign should be,but still plotted on the map,fair enough.
          I`ve seen Typhoons,Tornados etc plotting on a map,with "BLOCKED" in the call sign box,and I understand why that should be.

But this was plotting on my SBS

So why show Typhoons,and other fighters on the map, but not an airliner?

Comment

Please read my post again and the thread I linked to. I never wrote "information about some fighters is blocked", but "information about some aircraft is blocked".

All that needs to be said about blocked aircraft has been said in the linked thread. There is nothing new to discuss so this thread is closed.

Comment

Working...
            X