Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typhoon Bearing Down on T-RPVD1 T-RPVD2 and T-RPVD3, Outage Probable

Typhoon Bearing Down on T-RPVD1 T-RPVD2 and T-RPVD3, Outage Probable

Our coverage areas in the southern Philippines will probably be interrupted Friday-Sunday 11/8,9,10/2013 due to a super typhoon bearing down on us. Power outages are a probability along with lose of roofs and antennas.

The progress of this typhoon which has us in the bullseye is here:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohe...irgmscolw.html

The area we cover for FR24 is here:

http://fr24.com/9.15,124.03/7

John

T-RPVD1

good luck regards
    For official support use Contact Form

Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
    Our coverage areas in the southern Philippines will probably be interrupted Friday-Sunday 11/8,9,10/2013 due to a super typhoon bearing down on us. Power outages are a probability along with lose of roofs and antennas.

The progress of this typhoon which has us in the bullseye is here:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohe...irgmscolw.html

The area we cover for FR24 is here:

John

T-RPVD1
    Hope everything / everyone is safe - look forward to hearing from you in a few hours time.

Take down the antenna and secure the windows / doors.

I can understand how you feeling - I went through a similar size typhoon that went thru Makati in 2006 - for the first 3 hrs, it was wind blowing from East = > West, then 2 hrs of silence and bright sunshine - and then winds blowing from West = > East for 3 hrs. After that last 3 hrs - we saw massive destruction - I went out on a bicycle to take pictures of the destruction.

My iDiot boss got the guts to tell me I should go ahead with the site survey on the ROOF TOP of a 30 Storey building - I responded by telling him to take the last Cebu Pacific flight at 23.59 hrs that night - and join me for the site survey the next day - when the typhoon was forecast to pass thru Makati. Of course, my boss got no balls to go over.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Captain
    Stay safe. Every best wish for the next few days.

Flight attendant
    This thing makes the "Storm" that hit the UK last week look like a summer breeze!
    Sustained wind speeds of 282 Km/h (175 mph) with gusts of 338 Km/h (210 mph), that is one nasty Mother of a storm.

You stay save out there and I hope there's not too much damage in your area. The radar shows the leading edge will be with you very soon.

Wunderground Super Typhoon Haiyan Interactive Map

Wunderground Super Typhoon Haiyan Storm Details

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Hope everything / everyone is safe - look forward to hearing from you in a few hours time.

Take down the antenna and secure the windows / doors.

I went through a similar size typhoon that went thru Makati in 2006 - for the first 3 hrs, it was wind blowing from East = > West, then 2 hrs of silence and bright sunshine - and then winds blowing from West = > East for 3 hrs. .
    You were in the Eye of the typhoon... did you take a barometric pressure reading? It can be as much as 15 percent lower than the pressure outside of the storm.

No barometric pressure done - I don't have the instruments.

Typhoon Haiyan hit landfall. Those 3 feeders are seen online - glad to know they are OK.

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/gms/large.ht...ent=0&mode=UTC
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebwx View Post
    This thing makes the "Storm" that hit the UK last week look like a summer breeze!
    Sustained wind speeds of 282 Km/h (175 mph) with gusts of 338 Km/h (210 mph), that is one nasty Mother of a storm.

You stay save out there and I hope there's not too much damage in your area. The radar shows the leading edge will be with you very soon.

Wunderground Super Typhoon Haiyan Interactive Map

Wunderground Super Typhoon Haiyan Storm Details

I just saw a few " commando pilots " from Cebu Pacific airline flying over the Super Typhoon Haiyan.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    I just saw a few " commando pilots " from Cebu Pacific airline flying over the Super Typhoon Haiyan.
    By 09:00 UTC all is back to normal here in the Southern Philippines starting off with a Cebu Pacific from General Santos to Manila flying. A flight from Manila to Davao is enroute.

The Cat 5 Storm lost it's eye when crossing the northern tip of Cebu island on its' way across Negros Occidental and Panay and Borocay. Here, since the storm size reduced, only experienced a 5 hour or so of brownout and continuous rain at times heavy.

T-RPVD2 is just a stones throw across the water and expect him to have come through fine when he gets power back.

I had a barefoot mast climber add 16 gauge GI wire to additional anchors Thursday so the mast and the 3 co-linear and 3 yagis came through without a scratch.

Calamities are common place around here and folks take proper precautions when one's coming.

I appreciate the camaraderie and generally sincere interest we have in one another here. Thank you all.

John

T-RPVD1

Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
    Here, since the storm size reduced, only experienced a 5 hour or so of brownout and continuous rain at times heavy.

John

T-RPVD1

Glad to hear all of you are well and alive.

You guys there really live up to the Motto: Its more fun in the Philippines.

By Electrical Engineer's definition : A Brown out is a lost of power for a few cycles.

A 5 hrs Power outage = a BROWNOUT in Philippines.

You have everything:

1). World's biggest volcano explosion - Mt Pinatubo
    2). Big earth quake - Chocolate Hills
    3). Biggest Typhoon Haiyan
    4). Biggest flooding - 1/2 manila was flooded last year.
    5). Biggest Pork
    6). Called South China Sea as West Philippines Sea.

Pinatubo_early_eruption_1991.jpg692416026_1370132504.jpg