Typhoon Bearing Down on T-RPVD1 T-RPVD2 and T-RPVD3, Outage Probable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typhoon Bearing Down on T-RPVD1 T-RPVD2 and T-RPVD3, Outage Probable

Our coverage areas in the southern Philippines will probably be interrupted Friday-Sunday 11/8,9,10/2013 due to a super typhoon bearing down on us. Power outages are a probability along with lose of roofs and antennas.

The progress of this typhoon which has us in the bullseye is here:

The Office of Satellite and Product Operations (OSPO) is part of the National Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service (NESDIS). NESDIS is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the Department of Commerce.

The area we cover for FR24 is here:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

John

T-RPVD1

good luck regards
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
      Our coverage areas in the southern Philippines will probably be interrupted Friday-Sunday 11/8,9,10/2013 due to a super typhoon bearing down on us. Power outages are a probability along with lose of roofs and antennas.

The progress of this typhoon which has us in the bullseye is here:

The Office of Satellite and Product Operations (OSPO) is part of the National Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service (NESDIS). NESDIS is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the Department of Commerce.

The area we cover for FR24 is here:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

John

T-RPVD1
      Hope everything / everyone is safe - look forward to hearing from you in a few hours time.

Take down the antenna and secure the windows / doors.

I can understand how you feeling - I went through a similar size typhoon that went thru Makati in 2006 - for the first 3 hrs, it was wind blowing from East = > West, then 2 hrs of silence and bright sunshine - and then winds blowing from West = > East for 3 hrs. After that last 3 hrs - we saw massive destruction - I went out on a bicycle to take pictures of the destruction.

My iDiot boss got the guts to tell me I should go ahead with the site survey on the ROOF TOP of a 30 Storey building - I responded by telling him to take the last Cebu Pacific flight at 23.59 hrs that night - and join me for the site survey the next day - when the typhoon was forecast to pass thru Makati. Of course, my boss got no balls to go over.
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Stay safe. Every best wish for the next few days.

Comment

This thing makes the "Storm" that hit the UK last week look like a summer breeze!
          Sustained wind speeds of 282 Km/h (175 mph) with gusts of 338 Km/h (210 mph), that is one nasty Mother of a storm.

You stay save out there and I hope there's not too much damage in your area. The radar shows the leading edge will be with you very soon.

Wunderground Super Typhoon Haiyan Interactive Map

Wunderground Super Typhoon Haiyan Storm Details

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
            Hope everything / everyone is safe - look forward to hearing from you in a few hours time.

Take down the antenna and secure the windows / doors.

I went through a similar size typhoon that went thru Makati in 2006 - for the first 3 hrs, it was wind blowing from East = > West, then 2 hrs of silence and bright sunshine - and then winds blowing from West = > East for 3 hrs. .
            You were in the Eye of the typhoon... did you take a barometric pressure reading? It can be as much as 15 percent lower than the pressure outside of the storm.
            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

No barometric pressure done - I don't have the instruments.

Typhoon Haiyan hit landfall. Those 3 feeders are seen online - glad to know they are OK.

地図コンテンツページです。気象警報、大雨危険度、台風情報、気象情報、天気予報、季節予報、ひまわり、アメダス、ウィンドプロファイラ、海上警報、潮位観測情報、波浪観測情報、津波、地震情報、推計気象分布、震央分布、噴火警報、降灰予報を表示します。
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebwx View Post
                This thing makes the "Storm" that hit the UK last week look like a summer breeze!
                Sustained wind speeds of 282 Km/h (175 mph) with gusts of 338 Km/h (210 mph), that is one nasty Mother of a storm.

You stay save out there and I hope there's not too much damage in your area. The radar shows the leading edge will be with you very soon.

Wunderground Super Typhoon Haiyan Interactive Map

Wunderground Super Typhoon Haiyan Storm Details

I just saw a few " commando pilots " from Cebu Pacific airline flying over the Super Typhoon Haiyan.

Comment

I just saw a few " commando pilots " from Cebu Pacific airline flying over the Super Typhoon Haiyan.
                  By 09:00 UTC all is back to normal here in the Southern Philippines starting off with a Cebu Pacific from General Santos to Manila flying. A flight from Manila to Davao is enroute.

The Cat 5 Storm lost it's eye when crossing the northern tip of Cebu island on its' way across Negros Occidental and Panay and Borocay. Here, since the storm size reduced, only experienced a 5 hour or so of brownout and continuous rain at times heavy.

T-RPVD2 is just a stones throw across the water and expect him to have come through fine when he gets power back.

I had a barefoot mast climber add 16 gauge GI wire to additional anchors Thursday so the mast and the 3 co-linear and 3 yagis came through without a scratch.

Calamities are common place around here and folks take proper precautions when one's coming.

I appreciate the camaraderie and generally sincere interest we have in one another here. Thank you all.

John

T-RPVD1

Comment

Here, since the storm size reduced, only experienced a 5 hour or so of brownout and continuous rain at times heavy.

John

T-RPVD1

http://fr24.com/9.15,124.03/7
                    Glad to hear all of you are well and alive.

You guys there really live up to the Motto: Its more fun in the Philippines.

By Electrical Engineer's definition : A Brown out is a lost of power for a few cycles.

A 5 hrs Power outage = a BROWNOUT in Philippines.

You have everything:

1). World's biggest volcano explosion - Mt Pinatubo
                    2). Big earth quake - Chocolate Hills
                    3). Biggest Typhoon Haiyan
                    4). Biggest flooding - 1/2 manila was flooded last year.
                    5). Biggest Pork
                    6). Called South China Sea as West Philippines Sea.

Pinatubo_early_eruption_1991.jpg692416026_1370132504.jpg

Comment

5). Biggest Pork
                      Don't forget about the Biggest Crocodile Ever Caught!
                      Attached Files
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Final: Typhoon Bearing Down on T-RPVD1 T-RPVD2 and T-RPVD3

By 09:00 UTC all is back to normal here in the Southern Philippines starting off with a Cebu Pacific from General Santos to Manila flying. A flight from Manila to Davao is enroute.
                        Update on the destruction and impact of the Super Typhoon Yolanda as it is known around here.

The Tacloban airport was hit hard leaving the tarmac a sea of mud and debris. Only one flight with government officials on board landed at Tacloban this morning. All Commercial flights from Cebu and Manila are canceled.

Prior to landfall, the Philippine government announced relief supplies were "pre-positioned". As of Sunday afternoon none of the "pre-positioned" supplies had been distributed to the 200,000 displaced just in the city proper of Tacloban. The utter destruction and deaths after Yolanda left Tacloban will probably be never known due to the lack of photo-ops for government. There is nothing to eat or drink in the storms wake. No McDonalds, No Malls, they were swept away by the 15-30 foot storm surge.

Desperate people do desperate things to survive, looting food included. The Church and the rich owned government media teach day in and day out that to suffer is a virtue. The struggling poor are really the nobility here eating scraps from the riches table.

This is just a calamity of the month for the Philippines, life is cheap, there is no safety net for the poor and unenforced building codes and zoning result in calamities worse than they have to be. Point 5 percent of the citizens have all the wealth and the best status quo politicians so from their view point why change anything. "The Poor will always be with us." This will never change.

In the meantime T-RPVD1, T-RPVD2 and T-RPVD3 are back online providing service to the southern Philippines until the next calamity.
                        I haven't overlooked our collaborative friend in Davao, T-RPWD1 who is invaluable to us and FR24 in providing end to end tracking.

John

T-RPVD1

Last edited by paradiselost; 2013-11-10, 11:47.

Comment

I'll quote Ban Ki-moon: "deeply saddened by the extensive loss of life and the serious damage to the infrastructure of the country"
                          Think we all are.
                          We can see on the news range of destruction,but we can not feel it like people there does.
                          Hope relief comes soon.....
                          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

The poor people living in the Philippines, the death & destruction was incredibly bad ... shocking to see the news.

This is what's left of the Airport there... the Tower was totally destroyed.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-11-10, 12:05.
                            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Prior to landfall, the Philippine government announced relief supplies were "pre-positioned". As of Sunday afternoon none of the "pre-positioned" supplies had been distributed to the 200,000 displaced just in the city proper of Tacloban. The utter destruction and deaths after Yolanda left Tacloban will probably be never known due to the lack of photo-ops for government. There is nothing to eat or drink in the storms wake. No McDonalds, No Malls, they were swept away by the 15-30 foot storm surge.

Desperate people do desperate things to survive, looting food included. The Church and the rich owned government media teach day in and day out that to suffer is a virtue. The struggling poor are really the nobility here eating scraps from the riches table.
                              Very sad to see the massive destruction by Typhoon Haiyan.

Typical of these "big-mouthed" govt officials - talk big whenever they have the opportunity to face the media and try to gain 'brownies' points.

When things happened, they also faced the media but with a different tune - lack of resources to carry out the distribution of supplies - checkout the Big Earthquake recently.

Looting - when one is driven to desperation - anything goes to ensure survival - even raiding the dead ( its ok - after all they are dead - they don't need the food ).

But carting away TV Sets & Washing Machines - is a NO NO NO - can a TV Set & Washing Machine fill the empty stomach ? NO NO NO.

It clearly showed Criminals are at work during disasters !

Latest Update: Finally, State of Emergency Declared in that place. Curfew declared:

State of emergency declared over Tacloban, curfew in place

November 11, 2013 11:06am

Tacloban City in Leyte province was placed under a state of calamity on Monday, days after it was devastated by Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) last weekend, a report on GMA News TV's Balita Pilipinas said.
                              Last edited by Birdie; 2013-11-11, 03:27. Reason: State of Emergency Declared

Comment

Working...
                              X