Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightRadar24 Settings and Filters

Hi,

I have two questions that I would like some help with if anyone knows the answers. First question is to do with settings. I have set the settings the way that I want them to be, including animation of the aircraft and yet, every time I start the program, all settings are fine with the exception of animation of aircraft which is switched off. How can I set the animate aircraft so that it remains on by default? Second question is to do with filters. I track a set number of aircraft, all from Emirates, and some of them have two digit flight numbers, for example UAE36, however, the filter also allows UAE360 through UAE369. How can I set the filter so that the three digit numbers don't show up?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope someone has some answers for me.

Cheers,

Wal

Hi Mike,

Can the FR24 web app be set so we can type the radar filter freehand - and not pick from a list.

so we can enter a filter that isn't on the list "T-EGBB19" (rarely appears), "F-" to match all F- feeders, "T-" etc.

Also adds flexibility since the pick list is so long now - maybe it would be simpler to lose it.

Obviously just a low priority wish item.

(BTW - Befores someone says, the use of T-EGBB19 is just an example - not looking for an ego boost [I have a premium filter I can use for that])

Comment

Hi Friends, iam new here in this forum.
      On flightradar24.com i can setup the filter RADAR to Station T-LOWW30.., T-LOWW7...
      Is possible for the future to make the planes ( that filtered ) seperatly colored (each filter on by one ) on the flightradar24.com website..(maybe blue, green, brown, setup by my own)
      Thanks to the programmers...Anton
      Last edited by at3rud; 2014-08-15, 15:44.

Comment

No it's not possible and will not be possible. Radar code is not correct, data on FR24 is a mashup of data from all receivers. Please use "Radar View" to check coverage of your own receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          No it's not possible and will not be possible. Radar code is not correct, data on FR24 is a mashup of data from all receivers. Please use "Radar View" to check coverage of your own receiver.
          Ok thank you...

Comment

Can we lose the Gliders please or have a setting that can enable/disable them? Don't like seeing a bunch of gliders on my screen. Thanks!
            T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
            Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
            Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

Hi all,

Question about the filters. When we filter by Radar, eg F-YGEL3, will it show ALL the aircraft that that feeder picks up, or just the ones that FR24 assigns to the feed? Eg, when an aicraft moves away from F-YGEL3, and is picked up by a YPPH feeder, but YGEL3 is still picking it up.. ? I want to see what range my radar in YGEL3 has.

Comment

Originally posted by numloxx View Post
                Hi all,

Question about the filters. When we filter by Radar, eg F-YGEL3, will it show ALL the aircraft that that feeder picks up, or just the ones that FR24 assigns to the feed? Eg, when an aicraft moves away from F-YGEL3, and is picked up by a YPPH feeder, but YGEL3 is still picking it up.. ? I want to see what range my radar in YGEL3 has.
                From my own experience (where my radar never shows but I know it has a range of over 240nm), the filter is meaningless unless you are the only radar in the area. To chaeck the range, install virtual radar or ADSBscope on a PC and get that to collect data for a few hours to see what you achieve.

Comment

So my FR24 is situationed at geraldton Airport. I do not have remote access to it. Will that work for me?

Comment

The only location to change your receiver coverage is premium/radar view. Filters does not show correct data.

Comment

I'll ask again shall I?

Can we lose the Gliders please or have a setting that can enable/disable them? Don't like seeing a bunch of gliders on my screen. Currently a few hundred can be seen across central England. Thanks!
                      Last edited by Responder; 2014-08-31, 13:47.
                      T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
                      Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
                      Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

Working...
                      X