INDICATOR LIGHTS FR24 RECEIVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDICATOR LIGHTS FR24 RECEIVER

Can someone advise me as to the significance of the indicator lights on the Receiver? There are two lights, my Mode S flickers Red and the GPS light alternates between Red and Green. Thanks for any info./Bill

Mode-S = receiving data from aircraft, red/green GPS is likely to be bad LOS to GPS sats, or gaining lock as required every few seconds I imagine
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Oblivian, can you explain 'bad LOS to GPS sats'? I assume 'gaining lock as required' is good news? Cheers/Bill

Comment

Bad Line Of Sight. IE the GPS antenna cant see enough satellites in the sky to gain time accurately.

Or if it is set to do so only every 5sec or so it may be red=idle green=capturing
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Ob, it seems to pickup aircraft just fine, about 150 miles in most directions. You can see me in Central Canada, Brandon, Manitoba. Cheers./Bill

Comment

Please contact support@fr24.com if you have any questions regarding your FR24 receiver.

Comment

Done-video sent to you.

Comment

Working...
              X