rtl1090 crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rtl1090 crashing

Hi, I recently bought this usb dvb-t. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FM-DAB-USB-D...E:L:OC:US:3160

I followed instructions I found on flightradar24 site, installed drivers using zadig, run rtl1090 and when I press "Start" button the program crashes.

problem.jpg

Just a few questions:

Does that happen when you run the program, or when you press START?
    Are you on the latest version of RTL?
    What OS are you on? Tried running it in Win7/XP compatibility mode, if you're on Win8? I am on Win8 and can run it, no problem.
    I actually have the Beta:102 version (v 2.11.2.102)
    You need to copy some dll files into that same directory/folder. Perhaps check if you have the latest version of those available.

Perhaps compare what is in mine with yours. (Ignore the two RTL1030 files)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HermanZA; 2013-09-18, 20:31.

Comment

It crashes when I press START. I tried using both beta 102 V 2.11.2.102, and V 0.9.0.100. Crashes on both of them. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and I tried running in XP compatibility mode (SP 2 and SP 3), still crashing. I copied them.

Capture.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

What you are doing, seems to be right.
        When you press the TEST button, does it at least do that for you?
        Nothing sitting on any of the ports its trying to use: 31001, 31002, 31004, 31008 ?

There is a programme called SDR# that you can get to test if that can access the DVB-T, eliminating any possible driver/Zadig problem.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by HermanZA; 2013-09-18, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyCro View Post
          Hi, I recently bought this usb dvb-t. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FM-DAB-USB-D...E:L:OC:US:3160

I followed instructions I found on flightradar24 site, installed drivers using zadig, run rtl1090 and when I press "Start" button the program crashes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2612[/ATTACH]
          If you downloaded the Drivers that come with Dongle that will cause you problems, it would be best to uninstall it and do a fresh install without saving the Dongle TV Drivers.
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Even with the wrong drivers, RTL1090.exe will launch and then fail to find the device.

Comment

Step by Step

Originally posted by SoapyCro View Post
              Hi, I recently bought this usb dvb-t.

Hi SoapyCro, It might be alright to reinvent the wheel. I will show you through 3 anointed attachments how to get the thing working. The first two involve how to use Zadig and the Third is how to configure and the reasons behind the configuration of your RTL1090 beta 1.02 program.

John

T-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

Thank you all for replying and trying to help! First of all, I tried using it on my laptop and it worked like a charm.

Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                What you are doing, seems to be right.
                When you press the TEST button, does it at least do that for you?
                Pressing the TEST button does nothing! Program doesn't crash, but nothing shows up.

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                If you downloaded the Drivers that come with Dongle that will cause you problems, it would be best to uninstall it and do a fresh install without saving the Dongle TV Drivers.
                Yes, I did have these drivers installed, but I uninstalled them before even trying to install new ones using zadig. For example when I press START on my laptop (and reciever is disconnected from it) it says "No RTLSDR device found", it doesn't crash. I tried uninstalling all drivers on pc and disconnected the reciever, but program still crashes when I press START!

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                Hi SoapyCro, It might be alright to reinvent the wheel. I will show you through 3 anointed attachments how to get the thing working. The first two involve how to use Zadig and the Third is how to configure and the reasons behind the configuration of your RTL1090 beta 1.02 program.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2621[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2622[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2623[/ATTACH]

John

T-RPVD1

http://fr24.com/9.04,125.01/7
                I tried to that, but it still crashes.

Comment

If the wrong drivers have been installed, using Zadig makes no difference.

Do you have a Windows restore point before you installed them?

Comment

SoapyCro - what are you seeing in Zadig? Like ParadiseLost suggested, when you go : Options - List all devices, do you see anything that resembles the RTLxxx in that list? Do you replace that driver as suggested? Dis your dongle plugged in that that point?

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                      If the wrong drivers have been installed, using Zadig makes no difference.

Do you have a Windows restore point before you installed them?
                      I did use it for watching TV, but I uninstalled these drivers completely. Unfortunately I don't have a Windows restore point before the original drivers were installed.

3.JPG

Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                      SoapyCro - what are you seeing in Zadig? Like ParadiseLost suggested, when you go : Options - List all devices, do you see anything that resembles the RTLxxx in that list? Do you replace that driver as suggested? Dis your dongle plugged in that that point?
                      Yes, it's plugged in.
                      4.JPG

I followed the same procedure on laptop and it works.

Comment

I have yet to find a definitive process to remove these previously installed drivers.

If anyone knows, please share.

Comment

Small update, it turned out that I had a Windows restore point before the original drivers were installed. I restored windows to that point so I was able to do completely fresh install of drivers using zadig, unfortunately it still crashes when I press START.

Comment

Try a fresh download of RTL1090 and the other files as described in the online Guide.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

"Create two folders – one for RTL1090 and another for the SDR files.

Download these two zips and extract the files:

Copy the files below from the rtl-sdr-release/x32 folder (even if you have a 64-bit machine) to the folder containing the extracted RTL1090 files:

libusb-1.0.dll
                            rtlsdr.dll

You should now have the following files in your RTL1090 folder (possibly without the rtl1090.ini):"

Comment

I just did, for the 3rd time. Still crashes though.

Comment

Working...
                              X