MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    We will be making new tests i Brazil next week.
    Great, Mike. Thanx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Would the tests only take place on the test server website?, or the public Flightradar24 website? next week.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by everton_cwb View Post
        Great, Mike. Thanx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Mike, thanks to test. The World Cup is coming! Imagine the traffic!

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Comment

Great news!! It is great to be part of this effort!

Best regards,
          Luciano

Comment

• Seems we have lost 1 FR24 receiver near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam The Hague Airport. Can this be confirmed? Or if this is unknown, do you wish to know which i think it is?
            This could highly explain why MLAT reception has decreased so much, as only 3 receivers cover this area now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
              Seems we have lost 1 FR24 receiver near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam The Hague Airport. Can this be confirmed? Or if this is unknown, do you wish to know which i think it is?
              This could highly explain why MLAT reception has decreased so much, as only 3 receivers cover this area now.
              I think FR24 doesn't share with us reasons for offline status of fr24 boxes
              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Seems we have lost 1 FR24 receiver near Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam The Hague Airport. Can this be confirmed? Or if this is unknown, do you wish to know which i think it is?
                Originally posted by Amper View Post
                Yes hopefully FR24 will notify the users about their receivers not being online. It is not easy getting a constant 24/7/356 feed though. There is about 4 receivers not online around South East Asia at the moment. And 2 has been off for quite sometime. Can only wait and hope lol.

Comment

• Wonder how many FR24 receiver are offline that has been offline for over 1 week.
                  But I guess we will never find out.
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                    I know that, but in the past my receiver appeared online in their systems, but was not feeding any data.
                    After the reset in Feb 7, it appears on radar has stopped feeding data. Which makes perfect sense as MLAT went from about 1000 feet up to FL100+!
                    And when you need at least 4 receivers, the math perfectly matches.

I don't wish to get any information about which servers are offline, i am just sharing my information wondering if the people from FlightRadar24 care.
                    I can email them which radar i think is no longer sharing or they can confirm this information is known.

I just figured they would care, knowing which expensive radars aren't doing their jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      There is about 4 receivers not online around South East Asia at the moment. And 2 has been off for quite sometime. Can only wait and hope lol.
                      Internet is always sketchy in these locations... When I was in Thailand we paid all this money to get DSL installed into our Villa only to have the line fall down in a storm and then we waited a month to get someone out to fix it.

thai-dsl.jpg

This is what you're dealing with ... no way I'd even attempt to try to fix it myself LOL !
                      Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2014-02-22, 22:35.
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• As mentioned many times now ALL 1200 FR24 receiver are monitored 24/7/365...

Comment

As mentioned many times now ALL 1200 FR24 receiver are monitored 24/7/365...
                          And as we figured before, even when monitored as online, some receivers just seem to stop sending the much needed data.

Please contact #2 if not both (also #1) at EHRD. #2 has not been spotted since 7 feb and #1 also now is rarely used and both seem offline.
                          The very much decreased MLAT coverage seems to back up this theory. Please ask for a manual power off/power on reset. And let us see what is going on.

Edit:
                          #1 just appeared again (as i already said), but #2 is nowhere to be seen, the much needed 4th+ receiver for "low" MLAT.
                          You could also, ask all EH (The Netherlands) receivers to manually restart the FR24 if they haven't after Feb 7. This would be a great test to see why on earth MLAT has become so bad.

Only trying to help, i love MLAT, it is awesome. A lot helicopters over the north sea with a transponder but no position. If wanted in the future we can setup a nice network on the .nl coast showing these aircraft. MLAT has worked down to 1000 feet, no reason why this should not be possible.
                          These helicopters supply oil rigs and moving ships related to these...
                          Last edited by Jarod; 2014-02-23, 21:22.

Comment

And as we figured before, even when monitored as online, some receivers just seem to stop sending the much needed data.

Please contact #2 if not both (also #1) at EHRD. #2 has not been spotted since 7 feb and #1 also now is rarely used and both seem offline.
                            The very much decreased MLAT coverage seems to back up this theory. Please ask for a manual power off/power on reset. And let us see what is going on.

Edit:
                            #1 just appeared again (as i already said), but #2 is nowhere to be seen, the much needed 4th+ receiver for "low" MLAT.
                            You could also, ask all EH (The Netherlands) receivers to manually restart the FR24 if they haven't after Feb 7. This would be a great test to see why on earth MLAT has become so bad.

Only trying to help, i love MLAT, it is awesome. A lot helicopters over the north sea with a transponder but no position. If wanted in the future we can setup a nice network on the .nl coast showing these aircraft. MLAT has worked down to 1000 feet, no reason why this should not be possible.
                            These helicopters supply oil rigs and moving ships related to these...
                            If receivers stop sending data there is a reason for that. With 1200 own receivers + 2000 feeders is a LOT of work to contacting, helping and keeping these receivers online as much as possible. We really don't have resources to follow up in public when and why receivers are offline or when they will be online again.

With an increased number of receivers we will also see an increased numbers of problems. We have hosts moving, technical issues, problems with internet, problems with flooding, problems with storms, problems with lightnings, electrical problems, receiver problems, problems with antennas, problems with cables, software problems and so on. We also had some minor number of host who passed away. So it's not always a question of just restarting the equipment. We are following up common problems to try to minimize these in the future.

Comment

If receivers stop sending data there is a reason for that. With 1200 own receivers + 2000 feeders is a LOT of work to contacting, helping and keeping these receivers online as much as possible. We really don't have resources to follow up in public when and why receivers are offline or when they will be online again.

With an increased number of receivers we will also see an increased numbers of problems. We have hosts moving, technical issues, problems with internet, problems with flooding, problems with storms, problems with lightnings, electrical problems, receiver problems, problems with antennas, problems with cables, software problems and so on. We also had some minor number of host who passed away. So it's not always a question of just restarting the equipment. We are following up common problems to try to minimize these in the future.
                              Of course anything you state here is completely logical and understood. Your MLAT system is new and i would figure you would want to know of any issues before more and more come online.
                              2014-02-24: http://x264.nl/dump/hop3382-2014-02-24-mlat.jpg 14525 feet.
                              2113-11-28: http://x264.nl/dump/hop3576-2013-11-...at-inbound.jpg 1125 feet.

I am assuming we all got the same goals here? All the F-EH receivers (+1 more even i saw activated lately) who made that possible are online now, ADS-B GPS wise.
                              Still MLAT is far from what it was weeks back. We are not criticizing, but we are just trying to help and make FR24 the best is can be!

Comment

• Jarod..

Nice(1125ft),. I wish I didnt lose DUS Approach at 4525ft.
                                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Working...
                                X