Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Passenger
    Thanks for increasing T-MLAT

Flight attendant
    Barra da Tijuca, close to threshold 02 Jacarepaguá Airport (ICAO: SBJR), Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
    Quote Originally Posted by GitseBase View Post
    The 3 (in a row) have great range so it will all depend upon the quality of the SMNI receiver if we can achieve MLAT on FR24.

Finding someone to put up a receiver is not a big problem, but to increase the range you need to be willing to spend some bucks.
    I have a pole construction that is 10 m (33 ft) high and the plan to increase it by another 1.7 m is in the making.
    Is that 11,7m pole under making what you intend to use in SMNI or just your domestic solution?

Is T-SJMP1 also yours? Very good range considering it's not an F Box.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsurfmaniac View Post
    Is that 11,7m pole under making what you intend to use in SMNI or just your domestic solution?

Is T-SJMP1 also yours? Very good range considering it's not an F Box.
    T-SMJP1 is not mine. According to the stats at FlightAware it's a beast receiver. Not and F-box by designation but one by design. Looking at the location, the date it came online (on FR24 and FlightAware) and the coverage it would guess it it somehow related to the Doppler radar that was installed at the airport but I haven't been able to confirm my suspicion.
    The persons that host F-SMJP1 had contact with F-SMZO1 a while back.

The pole is for my location.
    When I know who's going to be hosting at SMNI (actually not at the airport but the town) I'll contact them to find out specifics about the setup to make sure the coverage extends to Paramaribo and SMJP.
    But it might take a little bit of investing. I estimate my current setup costs me about USD 150. For the extension It's going to be another USD 150

I've put up a post in the Show/Describe your hardware topic about my setup. http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...5373#post75373

First officer
    Hi folks, i ask you if the FR24 uses something like "filters" or "settings" to display MLAT. The Piaware coversage is smaller but its MLAT is excellent compared to the FR24, already seen that returns the MLAT aircraft. And all this with a few receivers.

In Brazil this more evident due to other behaviors seen on the aircraft fr24 screen map at certain times of the day.
    Last edited by ramonbh; 2016-03-19 at 21:03.

Passenger
    In Venezuela , 90% or more of aircraft do not have ads- b, I have communication with almost all feeders the country and lately been many requests rejected

Flight attendant

Question MLAT in Suriname?

Yesterday InselAir' PJ-MDE was spotted via MLAT while on approach in Suriname.

I did see an aircraft position calculated with MLAT a while back, but that was 1 reading. Yesterday it was a track (sort of)

Click to enlarge

First officer
    MLAT only works if you have enough feeders in range of the A/C. In my area there are always MLAT returns as there are dozens of feeders. Encourage other people in your area to feed FR24 to increase MLAT coverage.

Edit: Last I heard only FR24 F- feeders are able to contribute to MLAT. No RPi's contribute yet. Any word on when that will be working?
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-25 at 01:09.

Purser
    Rpi MLAT has been back for a while now

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I just got my FR24 receiver and had it running in about 2 days. I checked my plot at heywhatsthat (I am link restricted, so no URL) and my stats seem to mimic the ideal situation for my location near a few hills. In any case, I notice MLAT2 plotted planes fly virtually overhead (or nearby) a lot. I am pretty far from a major airport, so my receiver doesn't pick up any ground activity. But the range is just amazing and I am impressed with FR24.

I still wonder why other receivers are listed as tracking a plane when it is so close to me. Perhaps the other receivers have a better signal strength even when farther. It would be interesting to see which receivers are tracking an A/C for an MLAT plot.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyoverCountry View Post
    I still wonder why other receivers are listed as tracking a plane when it is so close to me.
    Same here even if the plane flys directly over my house it shows another feeder but afaik its normal.
    T-EDHN13