here is the promised Screenshotfr24.jpg
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
      John,
      put your Script in /etc/rc.local . Your Script will run on sSystem startup, here you have some more Informations http://raspberrywebserver.com/server...-start-up.html
      Thanks equi, I realised late last night that I hadn't added the crontab, so your advice was a double check for me ! Happy New Year to you and all here.

John
      T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

• Good Morning or rather Good Afternoon and Happy New Year - T-EDDE7,

Thanks for the screenshot, however did not work, now receiver when doing the fr24feed status is down.

As you can see from the attached screenshot then I did the same entries as in your screenshot.
        However, when I did cd /usr/lib/fr24 I get not such file/directory, which could indicate that with the latest build somethings have been changed - or I am not doing something right!

I use the latest build as per instructions from the good write up "fr24feed-manual" and they are fr24feed_1.0.9-3_armhf.deb + fr24feed_arm-rpi_242.tar

Any way many thanks for your help - I will try a re-install and if same same then I will go back to feed flightaware.

Have a great 2015!

Steen
        Attached Files

Comment

• Good Day seh2000,

try to make a clean install as root (for uninstall use "sudo dpkg --remove fr24feed" and for install use "sudo dpkg --install fr24feed_1.0.9-3_armhf.deb"), ignore the .tar file (this is only for manual installation). But please stop the Service first ("service fr24feed stop" and check via htop if every fr24 related process is gone). Once it is installed, run the configuration ("sudo fr24feed --reconfigure"). When this is done, you can restart the service with "service fr24feed restart". After this, wait some (30-60sec) and try to access dump1090 via the Pi-IP:8080 (this is the normal Port, if you have a Service already running on that port you must change it (like i did with 8082), otherwise dump will crash).

Good Luck

@John:

I am happy to see that it works now

Best regards,

Norman
          Regards,
          T-EDDE7

Comment

• Hello T-EDDE7,

Sorry - yes I used the .deb file, my typo.

I did not - yet - do the clean reinstall, but! I got some success! ) ) )

I left "Host/IP" and "COM/DEV/PATH" empty and now I can see the map by ip address + 8082 (not sure why 8080 not working, will investigate this later on), but the map is all wrong. I can see plane(s) near me in the right part of the screen, but the map I see is Europe ) not Latin America, guess somewhere there must be a way to edit the map's coordinates.

Cheers Steen

Comment

• Steen,

remove the "--net-http-port 8082" port, and dump1090 will start on port 8080 You should be able to Scroll on that Map. But I have no Idea how to edit the coordinates so the map opens correctly.
              Regards,
              T-EDDE7

Comment

• Hi T-EDDE7,

I have now reformatted the memory card (16GB) reinstalled raspbian from ground, I have configured the wifi using the GUI, I have done all updates/upgrades to the OS.
                Verified I can browse from the gui.
                Re-installed latest version of the fr24feed (1.0.9-3).

Did as per the fr24feed manual the commands:

sudo fr24feed --reconfigure --fr24key=0123456789ABCDEF
                sudo service fr24feed start
                sudo service fr24feed status

pi@raspberrypi /usr/lib/fr24 $ sudo service fr24feed status
                [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2015-01-02 16:11:11.
                [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-SVBC1.
                [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 1.
                [ ok ] Receiver: connected (119 MSGS/0 SYNC).

Then http://192.168.1.107:8754/index.html
                Flightradar24 Feeder/Decoder
                Linux/generic/armv6l/1.0.9-3
                Updated: 11:42:34 GMT-0430 (VET)
                FR24 Link: Connected via UDP
                FR24 Radar Code: T-SVBC1
                Aircraft Tracked (ModeS & ADS-B): 3
                Aircraft Uploaded: 1
                Receiver: dvbt-mr, Connected

Which shows apparently all runs OK, but no access to web interface IP + :8080.

When I via the IP + :8057 add the --net --net-http-port 8082 the service fr24feed status shows the Receiver as Disconnected

Then I tried as per the mr-dump1090 Readme to do:

./dump1090 --interactive --net then the Receiver changes to "disconnected" and Aircraft Tracked (ModeS & ADS-B) changes to 0 and Aircraft Uploaded changes to 0.

and same when I do ./dump1090 --interactive --net --net-http-port 8082

In the terminal window I see this message:

pi@raspberrypi /usr/lib/fr24 $ ./mr-dump1090 --net
                Found 1 device(s):
                0: <??, c, SN: ?? (currently selected)
                usb_open error -3
                Please fix the device permissions, e.g. by installing the udev rules file rtl-sdr.rules
                Error opening the RTLSDR device: Permission denied

So something is not working together...

Ideas/suggestions?

Cheers Steen

Comment

• Hi Steen,

did you tried to run dump1090 as root ? I might found a solution for your device permission error.

1.) enter lsusb - the command should give you a complete list for your USB devices, incl. your RTLSDR

2.) Note that line which is related to your stick (e.g. Bus 003 Device 018: ID 0bda:2832 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2832U DVB-T)

3.) open rtl-sdr.rules file with sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules

4.) Add the line (e.g.)
                  Code:
                  SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="[B]0bda[/B]", ATTRS{idProduct}=="[B]2832[/B]", MODE:="0666" -
                  5.) save the file and restart udev with sudo service udev restart

6.) restart the Pi

This should work, hopefully

Regards,

Norman
                  Regards,
                  T-EDDE7

Comment

• Hi Norman,

No I did not try to run dump1090 as root - how can I?

Did:
                    pi@raspberrypi ~ $ lsusb
                    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
                    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
                    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
                    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:2838 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2838 DVB-T
                    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
                    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

Then added the line to rt.-sdr.rules (file did not exist, so it was created by me when I put the command sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d./rtl-sdr.rules)

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules
                    SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2832", MODE:="0666" -
                    pi@raspberrypi ~ $

Result same as before (

pi@raspberrypi /usr/lib/fr24 $ ./dump1090
                    Found 1 device(s):
                    0: ?sԾ4???????P?ٶ?<??`e??<??d??, , SN: (currently selected)
                    usb_open error -3
                    Please fix the device permissions, e.g. by installing the udev rules file rtl-sdr.rules

pi@raspberrypi /usr/lib/fr24 $ ./mr-dump1090
                    Found 1 device(s):
                    0: L?̾, c, SN: ?? (currently selected)
                    usb_open error -3

What I don't understand is that I am following step-by-step the fr24feed manual:

2.1.2 Installation
                    2.1.2.1 Raspberry Pi
                    For the Raspberry Pi we have prepared a Debian package which makes the entire process a lot easier. If you have a working RPi device you can start off by logging in to it using either SSH or physical keyboard/screen and following our simple instructions:

A * Download our Raspberry Pi package containing everything you need to start sharing your data with us:
                    You will find the download link to the latest image here:

The command below is just an example, replace the version number with the latest one!
                    wget http://feed.flightradar24.com/raspbe....6-1_armhf.deb

B * Install the package using the following command, it may take a few short moments: sudodpkg-ifr24feed_1.0.6-1_armhf.deb

C * If this is the first time you’re going to share data with us please use the command below:
                    sudo fr24feed--signup

Otherwise please find your sharing key and start the configuration process by executing:
                    sudo fr24feed--reconfigure--fr24key=0123456789ABCDEF

D * Complete the configuration wizard and start sharing your data by typing: sudoservicefr24feedstart
                    During the next system restart our decoder/feeder will start automatically.

All that works incl step D, but no web access on 8080, as soon I try to enter e.g. --net --net-http port 8082 link to receiver is broken.

Well I taken enough of your and others time, conclusion something is not working between the raspberry pi+ I have and the fr24feed sw. (
                    My linux knowledge is not deep enough to figure this here out.

Cheers and thanks of all your inputs/suggestions!

Steen

Comment

• Originally posted by seh2000 View Post
                      Hi Norman,

No I did not try to run dump1090 as root - how can I?

Did:
                      pi@raspberrypi ~ $ lsusb
                      Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
                      Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
                      Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
                      Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:2838 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2838 DVB-T
                      Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
                      Bus 001 Device 006: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

Then added the line to rt.-sdr.rules (file did not exist, so it was created by me when I put the command sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d./rtl-sdr.rules)

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules
                      SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2832", MODE:="0666" -
                      pi@raspberrypi ~ $

Result same as before (
                      Steen,

i marked your fault

PS: You can start dump1090 with "sudo dump1090" (etc...), from the directory (/usr/lib/fr24)
                      Regards,
                      T-EDDE7

Comment

• Hi all I´m new at this site and have purchased a RPi B+ and have a Micro ADSB dongen with Cable and a small antenna, Im trying to download a file so i can run FR24 and feed... but I cant find were to download file for my RPi?? can someone help me?? so i can start contribute to FR24 my alias is ESMT1

Please help me.... Thanks

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                        Maybe, we should start a new discussion on how to configure a Raspberry Pi Type B to run a DVB-T Dongle and feed FlightRadar24.com, instead of running a PC.

Power consumption is about 5 watts, 5 volts 1 Amp.

If this is successful I believe more volunteers will feed data into Flightradar24 and increase the coverage dramatically.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2504[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2505[/ATTACH]

Lets get the drums rolling !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2506[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Enjoy, http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...RPi-Linux-OSX)
                          Regards,
                          T-EDDE7

Comment

• Thanks mate!

Comment

• You are welcome mate, happy feeding
                              Regards,
                              T-EDDE7

Comment

Why every one uses & recommends Raspberry Pi when there are so many other Open Source Boards?

Comment

Working...
                                X