Page 26 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Passenger
    Hey folks,

don't throw stones @me. I've not read all the 26 pages here

I just use a Pi with dump1090. I feed adsbScope via WiFi Port 30001 on my PC. adsbscope feeds the FR24 Windows Software and thats loads up the data to FR24. Where can I download the script to feed FR24 directly from the Pi.
    I don't want to setup the Pi with a new image becuase it runs and runs and runs ... like a Volkswagen.
    Best regards Christian
    -------------------------
    Equipment: ICOM IC-A6E AirBand Radio, RTL-DVB-T Stick with RPi-B

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by EDLV7 View Post

I just use a Pi with dump1090. I feed adsbScope via WiFi Port 30001 on my PC. adsbscope feeds the FR24 Windows Software and thats loads up the data to FR24. Where can I download the script to feed FR24 directly from the Pi.
    I don't want to setup the Pi with a new image becuase it runs and runs and runs ... like a Volkswagen.
    You need to read back through the forum a bit! There's no need to do anything on a Windows machine. There is a linux FR24 feeder software available here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Flightradar24

You need to get the statically linked version for the Pi I think. With this version you need to export the ip address of the FR server each tome you run it, so Peter's fr24.sh script is a good way to do this via crontab. Peter's resources are posted earlier in this thread. You should probably go through the lot, but his docs are available here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UE&usp=sharing

Captain
    Agreed, you probably need to to look at mainly the first 10 posts initially.
    Get the doc that describes setting up the Pi not using the image from my google drive, the scripts are there as separate files too.
    The only issue you may have is if you are running dump1090 as a service started from files in /etc/initd.d (or somewhere like that) - the scripts use a much simpler more basic approach.

By the way ... on the Pi a new image is easy ... it just needs another SD card - in fact that is probably the best way to do it, because what was there before isn't touched ... so very different from the approach on a windows PC where the same approach means buying a new hard disk and possibly needing to get windows installation media (if you don't have it already)

Setting up a Pi following the instructions [not using the image] takes maybe 90 minutes - where people have problems it's usually power supply or antenna issues - neither will apply to you.
    Last edited by peterhr; 2013-10-22 at 06:35.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by EDLV7 View Post
    Hey folks,

don't throw stones @me. I've not read all the 26 pages here

Everything you need is on the first page of this tread. Then read through and see what others have done. The problems and the fixes to get it working stand alone without Windows getting in the middle. Also you should consider feeding on port 30003 for your SDR dongle to feed directly to FR24

Purser
    Well I guess I should have read through the other posts to see it's already been answered...

Passenger
    Hey folks,

yesterday I took my kindle with this thread into the bathtube. It's quite easy im only a few steps away. I will check on the weekend including to check where I can place the antenna up the roof. I have no power outlet up there thet is the only problem to resolve ?
    Best regards Christian
    -------------------------
    Equipment: ICOM IC-A6E AirBand Radio, RTL-DVB-T Stick with RPi-B

Captain
    Lots, longish feed from the antenna, power over ethernet, run on battery, wifi ... all have thier own challenge. First thing is to get a simple installation working then work on improving it. A home brew antenna is next.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Passenger
    Glad I've found this ! I am currently using a NooElec R820T + Raspberry Pi with the stock Dump1090 map. I have installed an external antenna which feeds the RTL with RGC-213 cable. The picture below shows the homemade groundplane 1090 MHz antenna and the VHF-Comm groundplane antenna and the not-used-anymore VHF TV antenna.

foto 6.jpg

Those interested can take a peek at the Dump1090 html webpage at http://sbfiadsb.no-ip.org . I am currently located at Foz do Iguacu, Brazil (SBFI/IGU).

Ricardo
    Brazil

Captain
    Welcome aboard Ricardo,

How far away do you detect the aeroplanes? (cannot see any now, there was one a few minutes ago though)

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    Welcome aboard Ricardo,

How far away do you detect the aeroplanes? (cannot see any now, there was one a few minutes ago though)
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Peter.

I've managed mixed results: loosing track of planes on short final on the opposite runway from home (RWY32) and detecting planes as far as 250 km away.

I've tweaked my installation: trimmed some excess cable and removed a short, 5 meter hop of RGC-58 cable that was tucked in the plastic conduit on the wall. I managed to route the RGC-213 cable inside the conduit and now there is a 12 meter long cable hop from the antenna to the RTL. I've changed the MCX connector to a SMA connector on the RTL dongle and attached a small, 4 inch SMA-N pigtail. My first impression is that things improved a little, but only time will tell how much the coverage has improved.

I feel pretty excited about this new hobby.

Regards,

Ricardo
    Brazil