No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you wanna connect to the feeder through your DDNS IP (assuming both are on same RPi)? You should change your settings so it connects using localhost (or 127.0.0.1) not DDNS.. Not sure where your misconfiguration is, but I am of opinion your setup is misconfigured.

Additionally with your setup, youd' be trying to connect to port 30003 through your external IP, which may be blocked or may not be properly set up for port forwarding in your router. In either case, this IMHO is not an optimal setup (latency).

My feeder shows:

[n]connecting
    [i][stats]Stats thread started
    [b]connecting to localhost:30003
    [b]connected
    [b]working
    [i]Data feed time difference OK abs(17:04:51.674 - 17:04:51.652)=0
    Last edited by t-kclt2; 2014-05-09, 21:12.

Comment

• My feeder always started with this command:

./fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 --fr24key=12345ghjdgh> /tmp/fr24feed.log &

and dump1090 with this:

./dump1090 --fix --net --net-sbs-port 30003 --net-ro-port 31001 --quiet > /dev/null &

I'm not using my dns in any startup script, just to remote access my dump1090 interface when not at home.

Comment

• Do what was said with the bsip parameter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by peterhr; 2014-05-09, 21:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by loplo View Post
          My feeder always started with this command:

./fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 --fr24key=12345ghjdgh> /tmp/fr24feed.log &

and dump1090 with this:

./dump1090 --fix --net --net-sbs-port 30003 --net-ro-port 31001 --quiet > /dev/null &

I'm not using my dns in any startup script, just to remote access my dump1090 interface when not at home.
          That is your problem... use

./fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 --fr24key=12345ghjdgh --local-ip=127.0.0.1 > /tmp/fr24feed.log &
          and all should be fine...

Like I said before.. FR24 takes the IP address (in your case the ddns address) that you had when you first registered as a feeder... and it assumes that is where it will find DUMP1090...
          the --local-ip=127.0.0.1 tells it to look on the local host for dump1090

Comment

• I was happy for 2 seconds.
            Running it with: ./fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 --fr24key=0b7e86abcd --local-ip=127.0.0.1 and I have the same results.

I think the key is associated with the ddns.

Comment

I was happy for 2 seconds.
              Running it with: ./fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 --fr24key=0b7e86abcd --local-ip=127.0.0.1 and I have the same results.

That should have worked... one last thing you can try... replace the 127.0.0.1 with the actual (local network) address of your raspberry pi that is running dump1090... probably 192.168.1.(something)
              just in case your pi does not have the 127.0.0.1 loopback address listed in /etc/network/interfaces...

Comment

I was happy for 2 seconds.

FR24 do send down a bundle of information to your feeder when you submit your key, the address that your Bases station (emulator = dump1090) is part of it. I'll bet a causes no end of confusion to people who are running their feeder on DHCP and it gets a different address ... to my mind if it can connect it should also try localhost (127.0.0.1), anyway the parameter you need is --bs-ip

replace "--local-ip" with "--bs-ip"

if in doubt what parameters are available, do
                "./fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 --help"

(could answer properly now Im on my PC & I can get to my Pi)

Comment

• Well, thanks again guys. I really wish there was a reputation/thanks button on this forum.
                  It was the --bs-ip.
                  Regarding the DHCP, I never use it (except tablets/phones). I hate looking for the IPs of my devices, and I have like 20 in the house.

Thanks again!

Comment

• I'd consider using DHCP reservations ... Easier to configure.

Comment

• Hello forum. I'm just finishing off a Raspberry Pi FR24 build and thought I'd share a pic. I am planning on mounting this on an existing roof mount mast I have and running POE. The antenna is a collinear connected directly to an N panel mount bulkhead.

Hope to be feeding soon!

2014-05-13 17.13.03.jpg

Comment

• Nice. Welcome to the club!

Comment

• Welcome to the Pi Club, DROIDNINE. Nice concept you have there, just be careful of heat build up in the enclosure... might cause the Pi to hang or become very slow. but depending where you live, it might not be an issue at all.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hello!

I have switched from Alix (Ubuntu 10.4.4) to R-Pi (Raspbian) and now I have strange problem using 242. It appears that my feed is being delayed by about 3-4 minutes. Although it is active on r-pi, the my feeds page states offline. The screenshot is taken at 21:41, but the graph says 21:37.

rpi-ADSB-1.jpg

Does anybody know where is the problem?

Comment

• Look at the feeder's log file.. It may contain more info..

Comment

• Can you check the dump1090 web interface?

Comment

Working...
                                X