• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loplo View Post
    I'm glad I could help.
    Where was the problem? IP or port?
    I don't know!!!
    I tried so many times, and so many different methods, I don't remember what I did wrong or missed what.
    When I followed your step-by-step instructions, it worked

Comment

• I am running a Pi B with a home made 8 element collinear antenna sucessfully on flight aware. I would like to share my feed with Flightrader24. Is it possible to feed both?

Comment

• Yes, it is.

Comment

• Can you direct me to a "how to". I am lost

Comment

• Originally posted by robertmorrison View Post
            I am running a Pi B with a home made 8 element collinear antenna sucessfully on flight aware. I would like to share my feed with Flightrader24. Is it possible to feed both?
            Originally posted by loplo View Post
            Yes, it is.
            Originally posted by robertmorrison View Post
            Can you direct me to a "how to". I am lost
            1) Yes it is possible. I am feeding from my single DVB-T USB Receiver & single Raspberry Pi, three feeds: (1)FR24 (2) FlightAware (3)PlaneFinder.

On R Pi I have tried two microSD Cards, and both work ok.
            The first one has NOOBS/Raspbian+Dump1090+Data Feeder Clients for above 3.
            The second one has a Piaware image written. This image has Raspbian+dump1090+Flightaware Data feeder. On top of this I have installed FR24 feeder client & PlaneFinder Data Client.

For "How To Feed FR24", please see:
            1) post #1016 Step 3 on Page 102

2) post #1026 on page #103
            Last edited by abcd567; 2015-02-21, 10:19.

Comment

• I've been using a raspberry pi with the Fr24feeding program for some time but it terminated after a few hours(probably due to few aircraft at times) so I had to restart it once in a while and when I was away it wouldn't upload for days.

Yesterday, I formatted the SD Card and wrote the Piaware image to it and added the new Fr24feed on top of it. Works great! It's been feeding to both Flightaware and FR24 without any interruptions.

Thank you abcd567 for your awesome guide! Followed everything and sorted it out within minutes.

Comment

• Hello,

I am new in AC tracking.
                I successfully installed dump1090 on my Rpi and Fr24 feed is running.

I am currently using the antenna provided with the USB stick but unfortunately and does not seem to track any AC:
                Code:
                pi@raspberrypi ~ $ service fr24feed status
                [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2015-04-10 13:05:30.
                [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EBBR65.
                [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
                [ ok ] Receiver: connected (0 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                In my FR24 account, I see my tacker as offline.
                Is there anything to do or is it because my antenna is not good enough?

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

• Sometimes it needs some minutes to see your Receiver as online
                  Regards,
                  T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                  Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Antenna will "see" only planes in LOS (line of sight) so it has to be outdoor
                    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Thank you for your advises.

There are actually some AC shown on dump1090 web page but non are reported as tracked on FR24.

EDIT: even data like MAC address are not transmitted...
                      Last edited by DelandeC; 2015-04-10, 16:51.

Comment

• Hello,
                        The tracker is now reporting to FR24 but I cannot report data and enable the local web page of dump1090 at the same time.
                        When the prompt ask for additional parameters for dump1090, I enter:
                        Code:
                        --net --net-http-port 8080
                        but then the program does not feed data to FR24.

If I leave that empty, data are sent to FR24 but I cannot see the webpage of dump1090.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

• Just type --net without the port parameter
                          Regards,
                          T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                          Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• I don't what was wrong...
                            I did a fresh install of raspbian and fr24feed.

Now it's running well with
                            Code:
                            --net --net-http-port 8080
                            as dump1090's parameters.

T-EBBR65 is now up and running (with stick antenna which will be changed).

Comment

• Originally posted by DelandeC View Post
                              Hello,

I am new in AC tracking.
                              I successfully installed dump1090 on my Rpi and Fr24 feed is running.

I am currently using the antenna provided with the USB stick but unfortunately and does not seem to track any AC....snip....
                              Originally posted by DelandeC View Post
                              I don't what was wrong...
                              I did a fresh install of raspbian and fr24feed.
                              Now it's running well ......snip....
                              T-EBBR65 is now up and running (with stick antenna which will be changed).
                              First of all place a large empty food can with it's bottom up and mouth down, and place your stick antenna over the bottom of can near its center. Alternatively put a large metallic plate upside down, and place your stick antenna above it's bottom, at center of plate. A large pie plate made of aluminum foil can be used. Placing your stick antenna above the metallic food can's bottom/metallic plate's bottom will substantially improve your reception.

Next, try one of the antennas on this page, and your reception will improve further:
                              http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-FOR-BEGINNERS
                              Last edited by abcd567; 2015-04-12, 19:18.

Comment

• Thank you for the advise abcd567.

The build with the little antenna provided with usb stick was for premilinary tests.
                                I'm planning to make a cantenna these next few days.

The problem related above was probably a misconfiguration.

Comment

Working...
                                X