Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
    Has any one faced this problem of microSD card holder break down?
    I'm running the first version of the Pi with an SD card slot.

@equi Which of the dump1090 settings turns on the webserver?
    T-EGUB1

Comment

• Hi trigger,

its "--net"
      Regards,
      T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
      Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Hi all. Typing this message from my first Pi (R Pi B+) on it's maiden boot.

Comment

• Using my first RPi connected to TV flashed back my memory to 1970's/1980's, when Sinclair and Commodore 64 computers used TV as monitors.

Comment

• I have installed PuTTy on my windows desktop, and could successfully access RPi from my Desktop over SSH.
            However, the PuTTY showed only console, needing commands to be typed.
            I hate typing commands in console...... sudo apt-get install mkdir .
            I love windows "point & click".
            Is there a way to run GUI (Graphic User Interface) from SSH? I also installed Cygwin, but that also gives command line console.

Comment

• No, SSH is console only. But you can Install a VNC Server to use your RPi GUI (which is pretty slow and costs some resources). sudo apt-get install tightvncserver
              Regards,
              T-EDDE7

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
                No, SSH is console only. But you can Install a VNC Server to use your RPi GUI (which is pretty slow and costs some resources). sudo apt-get install tightvncserver
                Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.

Comment

• Ok, I have tryed several times but no sucsess! Anyone some idea?settings_1.jpgsettings_2.JPG

Comment

• microASDB doesn't need a Host ! Thats why "(USB)" is behind it
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Comment

• Ok, thanks! Can i just delete host and leave field empty?

Comment

• Yes for sure, thats what I told you days ago :/
                        Regards,
                        T-EDDE7

Comment

• Yes i Know, but I still don't seed!!! When I log in to my fr24 it still says offline! I don't understand where it's wrong!

Comment

• Check if the Receiver is really "MicroADSB", otherwise use the correct one (i assume it was DVB-T Stick). Then stop the feeder for one minute or so and restart it. Check the status after one or two minutes. Then everything should be fine (hopefully). Or contact the Support Team
                            Regards,
                            T-EDDE7

Comment

• I wanted to try console commands, so I tried several commands and all went well, till I ran command sudo rm -rf /* and Pi crashed and refused to re-boot, and I had to reinstall Raspbian!!!!

Comment

• After first crash & reinstall of Raspbian, I again started playing with console commands.
                                After few successful commands I ran command sudo mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda and again Pi crashed & refused to re-boot!!!! I had to reinstall Raspbian.

Later addition: This did not actually happen, it is a joke . The first incident (sudo rm -rf/*) actually happened.
                                Last edited by abcd567; 2015-01-14, 22:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X