Raspberry Pi type B + DVB-T Dongle to feed FR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by istvan.jakob View Post
    Hi all, thanks for all help! I´t seems to be up and running now according to Pictures, but in my fr24 side it says offline?? how do I know if I seed data??[ATTACH=CONFIG]5371[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5372[/ATTACH]
    istvan, take a look at your fr24feed.ini. I've had similar problems to you and the developer, piopowlu, sorted me out.
    The fr24feed.ini is in the /etc directory. To edit it make sure you are in the /etc directory, type cd etc then sudo nano fr24feed.ini, make the changes and then to save press Crtl x, then press y then press return

Mine looks like
    receiver="dvbt"
    fr24key="enter your own feeder key here"
    path="/usr/lib/fr24/dump1090"
    you may also have entries for bs and raw in here.

Stop the sudo service fr24feed stop, then start it again sudo service fr24feed start
    T-EGUB1

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
      Open the Feederpage on your Pi (I posted the Port on Site 95) and check if you are connected and Planes are tracked
      Hi equi, I can connect to my pi with 192.168.1.75:8754 and get the feeder status page, I can see lots of data on 192.168.1.75:30003 but I get nothing on 192.168.1.75:8080.
      I'm feeding fr24 OK.
      Can you help?
      T-EGUB1

Comment

• -Left: Beaglebone Black (Cortex-A8)
        -Center: Raspberry Pi (ARM1176JZF-S (ARMv6k) 700MHz)
        -Right: Intel Edison (dual Atom Silvermont @ 500MHz)***

http://www.davidhunt.ie/raspberry-pi...n-benchmarked/

***The Intel Edison is a tiny computer offered by Intel as a development system for wearable devices. Second version of the board was presented in September 2014. It is a board with components on both sides, its size is 35.5 x 25 x 3.9 mm. Main SoC of the board is new Intel Atom "Tangier" (Z34XX), produced with 22 nm, having 2 Atom Silvermont cores running at 500 MHz and one Intel Quark core at 100 MHz (for executing RTOS ViperOS). SoC has 1 GB RAM integrated on package. There is also 4 GB eMMC Flash on board, WiFi/Bluetooth4 and USB controllers. Board has 70-pin dense connector (Hirose DF40) with USB, SD, UARTs, GPIOs. The price of the device is around $50 (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13024). It should also support both Python and NodeJS development.

Comment

• My First Pi (Raspberry Pi B+)
          Apple Pie tastes better

Good Prices & Fast Delivery by a Canadian Supplier "Buy a Pi . ca" (http://www.buyapi.ca)
          Expected delivery today. What next? How to setup? How to feed data (currently I am feeding data using my windows desktop).
          R Pi Order R.PNG

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
            [B]My First Pi (Raspberry Pi B+)

Expected delivery today. What next? How to setup? How to feed data (currently I am feeding data using my windows desktop).
            Hi ab cd, makes a change to see you somewhere other than the "Best Antenna" thread.

Take a look here to get an operating system on your chip if it hasn't already got one. I think the feeder software recommended in that post will be supersceded by this one. Dump1090 is incorporated as is the feeder software for FR24.

Have you used Linux before? If not, be prepared for a challenge which is more difficult than building antennas

Good luck ...
            Last edited by trigger; 2015-01-08, 19:25.
            T-EGUB1

Comment

• Originally posted by trigger View Post
              Hi ab cd, makes a change to see you somewhere other than the "Best Antenna" thread.

Take a look here to get an operating system on your chip if it hasn't already got one. I think the feeder software recommended in that post will be supersceded by this one. Dump1090 is incorporated as is the feeder software for FR24.
              Thanks for detailed information. Today the Canada Post, instead of delivering the Pi parcel, left a note in my mail box to collect it from local post office, although my family was available in the apartment all the time Unbelieveable! Other Couriers never did this.

Have you used Linux before? If not, be prepared for a challenge which is more difficult than building antennas

Good luck ...
              Since long I have configured my desktop and laptop as multi boot, with choice to boot windows xp, or windows 7, or Ubuntu at start up.
              DSC03509.jpg

I have been using ubuntu for couple of years. I don't remember when I first used Linux, maybe in late 1990's, but I remember well that the first distribution I used was newly born "Red Hat".

I hate console & command line! sudo apt-get mkdir chmod tr gzip eek eek eek
              I love "point & click" of windows.
              Last edited by abcd567; 2015-01-09, 07:31.

Comment

• Hi ab cd,
                The distribution I mentioned in my post above is a "minimal" build. Someone took on the challenge to build the "smallest" distribution to get it onto a 2Gb chip. A bit like building the "best" antenna.
                If you want a GUI then go for the Raspbian distribution from the Noobs site.
                The best bit about the Pi is that you can easily flash another distribution to your chip. Try that with Windows !!
                T-EGUB1

Comment

Hi ab cd,
                  The distribution I mentioned in my post above is a "minimal" build. Someone took on the challenge to build the "smallest" distribution to get it onto a 2Gb chip. A bit like building the "best" antenna.
                  The best bit about the Pi is that you can easily flash another distribution to your chip. Try that with Windows !!
                  Thanks for the advise. Seems you can read my mind . GUI & NOOBS/Raspbian were my original choice, but I wanted to get opinion of experienced Pians first.

Comment

Hi ab cd,
                    Trigger,
                    For a really small build look at the open glider network, They have a RaspberryPi distribution to feed FLARM data in much the same way that the FR24 feeder works but it fits on a 1Gb card! It also has menu driven configuration, dongle drivers and a GSM scan utility to configure the dongle's frequency offset.
                    Ben.
                    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Hi Ben, thanks for the pointer. I've struggled with the small build I downloaded as there seems to be lots of useful bits missing. Not being a Linux user, Google has been my friend. Things like keyboard layout. It took me a few days to find out how to get an ampersand and pipe. If I have to do a re-build, I'll give it a try.

Do you use the Pi to feed FR24? If so, can you post your fr24feed.ini? (minus your key of course!)
                      Dave
                      T-EGUB1

Comment

Hi Ben, thanks for the pointer. I've struggled with the small build I downloaded as there seems to be lots of useful bits missing. Not being a Linux user, Google has been my friend. Things like keyboard layout. It took me a few days to find out how to get an ampersand and pipe. If I have to do a re-build, I'll give it a try.

Do you use the Pi to feed FR24? If so, can you post your fr24feed.ini? (minus your key of course!)
                        Dave
                        Trigger,
                        Sorry my FR24 feed is from one of the 'official' FR24 boxes, I feed the open glider network with both a Pi and an Odroid,
                        I also have a Planeplotter feed using an Intel NUC running win7, and I am considering building an ACARS decoder using a RaspberryPi. (Probably based on the OGN distro as it already has the dongle drivers integrated)
                        Ben.
                        Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2015-01-09, 17:26.
                        FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Here is mine

receiver="dvbt-mr"
                          fr24key="mykey"
                          path="/usr/lib/fr24/mr-dump1090"
                          bs="no"
                          raw="no"
                          logmode="2"
                          procargs="--net --net-http-port 8082 --enable-agc --net-beast"
                          windowmode="0"
                          Regards,
                          T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                          Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
                            Here is mine
                            Thanks. With that .ini file can you connect to a PC and get a connection to the Pi? My Pi is on 192.168.1.75. I have my port set to 8081. So 192.1.168.75:8081 I get the message
                            Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.75:8081.
                            I do get lots of data from 192.168.1.75:30003

I'll set mine up the same as yours and report back.

Laters ...

OK that worked !!!. The only difference between yours and mine was the port number and --net-beast.
                            Thanks
                            Last edited by trigger; 2015-01-09, 22:44.
                            T-EGUB1

Comment

• I was going through a review of RPi B+, and found this:
                              "One major problem we had during the setup process was that the microSD card slot lasted for three insertions and removals before a spring inside gave up the ghost and the card would no longer stay put. From then on we had to use sticky tape to hold the microSD card in place, which was effective if unsatisfactory. We found ourselves missing the full-size SD card slot of the previous Pi."

Has any one faced this problem of microSD card holder break down?

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/1...model-b-review
                              Last edited by abcd567; 2015-01-09, 22:57.

Comment

OK that worked !!!. The only difference between yours and mine was the port number and --net-beast.
                                Thanks
                                Great that this worked mate I am sorry that I forgot the Port note
                                Regards,
                                T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                                Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

Working...
                                X