Thread: Suggestion for Flightradar24

Passenger

Lightbulb Suggestion for Flightradar24

I am based in London. I very greatly depend on winds direction forecast for my plane spotting especially at LHR or at LCY. I have had to retort to weather forecast website(s) to let me know which direction the winds are blowing before I go out out plane-spotting and also before I go on FlightRadar24 Premium. I have used weather and clouds overlays on FR24 Premium but it can be too much (too cluttered) so I rarely used it. So I suggest if there will be another overlay for wind directions - using small arrows so that it doesn't interfere viewing. Just an idea. I am sure other users will agree (and disagree!).

Purser
    I am based in Hampshire and before I think about going to Heathrow, I look at FR24 and see which direction the aircraft are moving to get the active runway.
    If I want more info, I click the airport pin for basic weather info and if I want more than that, I use the BBC weather page and select Heathrow Terminal 5.
    I don't think you need much more than that.

If you click on an airport you can see wind direction on that airport. At the moment we are not planning any changes to the weather data its and presentation.

Flight attendant
    I run my own weather website and have a page on there which de-codes & displays the METAR data from some airports in Scotland: http://www.hebwx.co.uk/wxmetar.php
    I can either add the main UK airports to it or make a new page to display them if that would help anyone?

Flight attendant
    I guess the lack of response means it wouldn't help then?
    No problems, it saves me work but the offer's still there just send a PM.