Freezing screen etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing screen etc.

For the past week (or so) I've not been able to view aircraft correctly using Firefox 23, FlightRadar works fine using IE10.

On the left panel where it says 'Map' I get a warning which states "You are either watching an area without coverage, or have set too strict filter"

At this point there are no aircraft visible on the map.

If I keep on refreshing the screen and I eventually do get aircraft to appear once I click on any aircraft the screen freezes and the left panel goes blank with a message stating "Sorry, data could not be loaded. Please try again later."

I am using Windows 7 and have a very fast cable connection here in the UK.

FlightRadar was working just fine on Firefox up until a week (or so) ago and I've made no changes to the application in the mean time. It's like one day it works and the next, nothing!

I've done the usual such as clearing the cache and the cookies in Firefox but to no avail.

Have you any idea what might be wrong and what I can do to correct the situation?

Have you checked you don't actually have a filter active. Sounds like it.

Down the side the filter icon should be near transparent blue like the menus. Not have a green dot, if it does. Click it and remove any filters you have added

/edit in saying that krk.flightradar and db8. have just started to go awful slow for me in a small region of cover. Someone up high might need to look into it.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-08-12, 00:41.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you for your input, it turned out that there had been a new a new script in Firefox that hadn't been there before.

Once I allowed this script FlightRadar went back to how it should be.

My mistake; I hadn't noticed the problem...

Comment

I am having a similar problem, I'm running Chrome which has not advised me of any updates. When I first go into FR24 I get the usual view of whatever part of the world I have selected but devoid of aircraft and Radar dots. I have to go into Filters and set a filter, come out of the filter menu at which time the aircraft conforming to that menu appear. I then go back into the Filter menu and remove the filter I have just set and all is revealed!
        Any Suggestions?
        John

Comment

Try deleting any Flightradar24 cookies and clear the browser cache.

Comment

Originally posted by richard49 View Post
            Thank you for your input, it turned out that there had been a new a new script in Firefox that hadn't been there before.

Once I allowed this script FlightRadar went back to how it should be.

My mistake; I hadn't noticed the problem...
            Richard, I'm having exactly the same problem. What do I need to do in Firefox to get things back to normal?

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
              Try deleting any Flightradar24 cookies and clear the browser cache.
              Thanks for that, turned out I had prohibited Chrome from updating and this was its revenge. Updated Chrome, all works normally!

Comment

Working...
              X